Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member

Stop encouraging youth to use AS

Hey,

I have noticed a recent trend on this board that is encouraging teens and guys in their early 20's to use AS. When I joined this board a few years back, everyone did their best to tell young guys NOT to use AS until they are fully grown, worked out for several years, and reached their maximum natural potential.

Maybe this board is now filled with alot of kids itself, and that is why no one is saying anything. PLEASE guys lets take a stance against this. This is what allows FOX NEWS to run specials on steroids and kids and the dangers involved for them. We need to take this spotlight off of abuse and make sure people are using AS in an educated and intelligent manner.

Thanks!

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Very true.

I trained serious for 7 years before I started taking AS. When I stopped playing college football, I decided to try AS at 22 years old.

What do you think is the cut off?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Hey,

I have noticed a recent trend on this board that is encouraging teens and guys in their early 20's to use AS. When I joined this board a few years back, everyone did their best to tell young guys NOT to use AS until they are fully grown, worked out for several years, and reached their maximum natural potential.

Maybe this board is now filled with alot of kids itself, and that is why no one is saying anything. PLEASE guys lets take a stance against this. This is what allows FOX NEWS to run specials on steroids and kids and the dangers involved for them. We need to take this spotlight off of abuse and make sure people are using AS in an educated and intelligent manner.

Thanks!
    Very true bro...sadly enough you can't tell the youngs guys anything...they seem to know it all....wayb to many 20-21 yr olds using when they shouldn't be....

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    The cutoff I would think should be outta college but that's not gonna happen. When you have stopped growing and have reached a plateau. I didn't until I was around 25. I didn't use AS until I was 37

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    The cutoff I would think should be outta college but that's not gonna happen. When you have stopped growing and have reached a plateau. I didn't until I was around 25. I didn't use AS until I was 37
    I grew well til my late 20's...then turned to super supplements.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    I started at 18. I have no regrets. However, I do not promote the use of aas to anyone under the age of 24. But Dabull is right. When I was 18 you could not tell me what I was or was not gonna do. Although back then it was not a sch III drug it was more available on the street. What we can do here at AR is educate these kids since they are gonna use anyways. We might as well keep them to be safe. I get sick and tired of hearing this comment about young men and aas. Aas IMO is safer than bing drinking, cocaine, and god knows whatever else some of these kids are doing now adays. What I would like to see more of is expressing to these kids that if they are gonna commit to aas then they "have" to give up the drinking and any other recreational drug "before" making the desicion to do aas.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys know who taylor Hooten is right??? Hes the kid that killed himself after his parents took his steroids away. Anyways they have formed somthing called taylor hooten foundation, and right now they are surfing furoms looking for evidence of adults giving kids advise on steroids!!!! I f you want to talk about somthing that come back to haunt us. This kind of thing will, there is no telling what they can do about. But they may able to shut these sites down!! The goverment was able to shut down all the sites that had methamphetamine info on it!!! They where sites just like this with a bunch of forums where people traded tips, and recipes!! They are all gone now and it can happen to this site!!!

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I started at 18. I have no regrets. However, I do not promote the use of aas to anyone under the age of 24. But Dabull is right. When I was 18 you could not tell me what I was or was not gonna do. Although back then it was not a sch III drug it was more available on the street. What we can do here at AR is educate these kids since they are gonna use anyways. We might as well keep them to be safe. I get sick and tired of hearing this comment about young men and aas. Aas IMO is safer than bing drinking, cocaine, and god knows whatever else some of these kids are doing now adays. What I would like to see more of is expressing to these kids that if they are gonna commit to aas then they "have" to give up the drinking and any other recreational drug "before" making the desicion to do aas.
    perhaps i take this same stance because i also started using in my teens. yes i was wrong for starting so early but i didn't know better. thank god i didn't permanently fuk up my natural hormone production. i have heard of many young people that permanently screw up their hormones because of gear. i was a lucky one

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, Maybe being gone a week or so I'm blinded! I don't recall anyone ever telling teens to use AS? That is completely unacceptable! We have a responsibility to help people on this board and anyone encouraging teens to do steroids should immediately be banned.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i started young also, i didnt have a site like this to tell me how to use it. i think that we should discourage the use for minors, BUT if they are set on doing it i think it is better for them to be informed about it than to do it blindly and risk more harm to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i started young also, i didnt have a site like this to tell me how to use it. i think that we should discourage the use for minors, BUT if they are set on doing it i think it is better for them to be informed about it than to do it blindly and risk more harm to themselves.
    Well, I guess they can be informed by reading and doing there own research, but that still doesn't give us an excuse to help them along. I will not be part of that

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    What do you think is the cut off?
    30 minimum. At that point there is no doubt about growth stopped plus a 30 year old man has stronger tendons and connective tissue (assuming he is training regularly)

As for strength I dont think a man peaks till his 30s. Juiice should begin where natural limitations end.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Well, I guess they can be informed by reading and doing there own research, but that still doesn't give us an excuse to help them along. I will not be part of that
    i am in complete agreement with you.

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    i am in complete agreement with you.
    Thanks bro. I get PM'd all the time from young guys who are afraid to post because of their age and I respectively tell them in an educated way that they should be smart and wait. I also send them links of young guys who have posted on this board about all their problems because they started to young. Most of the time they agree and I then try to help with their diet.

all im saying is i wish there was more info for me when i was younger and people with tons of info like you guys so i wouldnt hurt myself.... we all have already said that the kids are going to do it anyway. im not saying to inject them, but i think it is ok if a kid asks if 3000m of test a week is good for first cycle and we tell him not to do it., but i understand where you guys are coming from also.

all im saying is i wish there was more info for me when i was younger and people with tons of info like you guys so i wouldnt hurt myself.... we all have already said that the kids are going to do it anyway. im not saying to inject them, but i think it is ok if a kid asks if 3000m of test a week is good for first cycle and we tell him not to do it., but i understand where you guys are coming from also.
    I agree bro. I will tell them a gram of test is insane, but when they come back and say "well what is a good safe cycle", I won't help them accept to tell them how bad they could be at a young age.

thats true, i agree with you, i thought if someone asked an outragous thing you just wouldnt answer them,..... but at that young i wish there was someone who helped me with my diet, at 16-18 i think you build your foundation

You can't apply an arbitrary age to it, especially with many college athletes using strictly to improve their performance in their sport. I'm not going to lie to anyone......the main reason for starting AAS only after you've reached some sort of plateau (which nobody really reaches naturally...it just appears so), is because you'll better appreciate what AAS can do for you. it's not more dangerous for a 25 yr old to use than it is for a 35 yr old to use, provided they've both done their proper research......and herein lies the problem; most do NOT do proper research and fall victim to a number of sides and mediocre gains....only then to become focal points of poorly contructed news exposes, which show AAS ABUSE and not responsible AAS use.

Shutting down boards like this doesn't make the problem go away....it merely worsens the problem, by increasing the number of uninformed users....similar to sex educatuion in public schools

mass junkie is offline banned
    Agreed...I didnt hit my 1st cycle untill I was 28

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

I always discourage cycle advice.

I agree bro. I will tell them a gram of test is insane, but when they come back and say "well what is a good safe cycle", I won't help them accept to tell them how bad they could be at a young age.
    However, although I will not point out a good cycle I will rip one for what is to high and does not belong. But how do we know how old some of the guys really are on here??? It is easy to lie on these boards.

at what age do you think the pros start/started?

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Well I haven't started yet, I am actually new to the site TODAY. I am 21 however. Is this too young?
    I think I have reached my peek for growing though, 6'3 201lbs. I also belive I have reached my natraul pleateau for weightlifting also. I'm just not getting any bigger and I feel as though I am wasting my time in the gym.
    Is this a good reason to use AS ?
    Is there any good reason to do it?
    I love working out and although I feel as I am wasting my time, I'm not a quitter. I just need some help so I am enthused again. Ya feel me?

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    It's an endless battle that isn't worth fighting. People will do whatever they want no matter what you tell them.

Instead of just giving answers like "You're too young, go away", the responses should be more of the form "While I think you're too young and you don't need this yet, (but we know you'll go ahead and do it anyway) you should do it like this.....". Since they are going to do it no matter what, it would be better to at least teach them to do it properly.

just my nickel.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Hey,

Thanks!

I agree that the younger guys should wait it out until they have the training experiance but I don't think you can honestly say yourself that you came anywhere near your natural potential before you started AAS. Its a choice we all make in our training, at what period of our training is also up to us, once you're an educated adult on the topic I don't think anyone should turn you away... (by adult I mean 21+).

beefydragon is offline Member
    I pretty much agree with everyone... But some how it's extremely difficult to take the spot light off of us... I started juicing this year at the age of 28 which I think it's a good borderline...

But I would seriously tell anyone who's under the age of 25 to not juice at all. Better yet they should stay away from the pro-hormones which is a total waste of money and can be hard on your liver. Save the money and get a real personal trainer so you start off with a good foundation.

Anyhow, ever since I've started juicing, I have a better sense of well being along with more energy, sex drive, focus, etc. My depression is gone, and I have a lot of self esteem... so whatever the general public things about steroids is totally blown out of proportion. They should really announce the pros and cons to these things and how it benefits older adults. But whever, it's United States where the big brother is always on to something to make people miserable... Did you know that California banned the bars from having "Girls Nite Out?" because it promotes drinking? SO RIDICULOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by supirman45
    It's an endless battle that isn't worth fighting. People will do whatever they want no matter what you tell them.

Instead of just giving answers like "You're too young, go away", the responses should be more of the form "While I think you're too young and you don't need this yet, (but we know you'll go ahead and do it anyway) you should do it like this.....". Since they are going to do it no matter what, it would be better to at least teach them to do it properly.

just my nickel.
    Bro, I'm gonig to have to disagree. Young guys are looking for reason to do it and by writing that It gives them a bit of hope. Because if I was young and read that, I would take it as OK here is a cycle but I don't want to be responsible for giving it to you. Almost like a disclaimer.... I would rather say something like..."Your to young to even think about AS and the reasons are............"

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    Well I haven't started yet, I am actually new to the site TODAY. I am 21 however. Is this too young?
    I think I have reached my peek for growing though, 6'3 201lbs. I also belive I have reached my natraul pleateau for weightlifting also. I'm just not getting any bigger and I feel as though I am wasting my time in the gym.
    I love working out and although I feel as I am wasting my time, I'm not a quitter. I just need some help so I am enthused again. Ya feel me?
    Bro your natty test is the highest it will be right now i think between the ages of 18-22. Get your diet down and change up your workout evey few months and you will continue to grow...IMO

Well, first, welcome to the board bro. The first thing someone is going to ask is what does your diet look like? A lot of bro's who think they've hit their pleateau its because of there diet. But, I will tell you that you did the right thing by coming on the board to educate yourself. Steroids aren't a miracle drug and you should know every single thing about what your going to put in your body. So hang around in the educational forums and ask questions. Before long you will know a ton of sht and be ale to make a decision.

BLT
    Last edited by buylongterm; 06-18-2004 at 11:29 AM.

it is crazy, i was in high school at 16 doing it and so was most of the football team. at 16!!!! i look back and think its nuts.

it is crazy, i was in high school at 16 doing it and so was most of the football team. at 16!!!! i look back and think its nuts.
    Wow, thats scary.......

Corn Bread is offline New Member
    AMEN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    You can't apply an arbitrary age to it, especially with many college athletes using strictly to improve their performance in their sport. I'm not going to lie to anyone......the main reason for starting AAS only after you've reached some sort of plateau (which nobody really reaches naturally...it just appears so), is because you'll better appreciate what AAS can do for you. it's not more dangerous for a 25 yr old to use than it is for a 35 yr old to use, provided they've both done their proper research......and herein lies the problem; most do NOT do proper research and fall victim to a number of sides and mediocre gains....only then to become focal points of poorly contructed news exposes, which show AAS ABUSE and not responsible AAS use.

Shutting down boards like this doesn't make the problem go away....it merely worsens the problem, by increasing the number of uninformed users....similar to sex educatuion in public schools

70 percent of my football team used it in highschool

No,

It's actually called REALITY!!!!!!!!!

Wow, thats scary.......

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Ok I'll play both sides here ... I did "juice" when I was 16 and wrestled in HS. The good thing about young guys visiting here is they can learn why they SHOULD NOT do it at a young age. If I knew then what I know now .....

VETS & MODS ... On some other boards you have to click the "enter" button stating that you are 18 and over to enter .... I don't recall such an option here on ar.com. Maybe a good idea to enforce the 18+.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Well, first, welcome to the board bro. The first thing someone is going to ask is what does your diet look like? A lot of bro's who think they've hit their pleateau its because of there diet. But, I will tell you that you did the right thing by coming on the board to educate yourself. Steroids isn't a miracle drug and you should know every single thing about what your going to put in your body. So hand around in the educational forums and ask questions. Before long you will know a ton of sht....

BLT

Well This site is not what I expected, Thanks for the welcome and I hope to learn a lot of Sht. As I know from what I have read so far, it does indeed help me get an understanding of the gear.

I believe after a few more weeks of study and some good teachers in you guys, I could possibly be ready for the jump.
    What I expected in this site was just a bunch of ragers telling each other how big they are and sht. But in reality it's a bunch of normal guys willing to help someone or anyone get in shape. I'm very surprised by everyones demeaner and everyone so far has been a big help. KUDOS TO THIS SITE.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Well, here's the scenario I expect to happen one of these days...

Some rich campaign contributor type will have a son who gets seriously harmed by not using gear properly, maybe even dies (and it CAN happen), they find the websites he got info from, it gets on the evening news and becomes a political football -a new chance to go after "evildoers". Then there's a major crackdown, AR or a like site is shown on the evening news, including posts about under 21s using gear and its ALL OVER. The AG will announce a crackdown, there'll be lots of busts, the prices will go sky high and it will be pretty much over for us casual users.

I actually expect this to happen one of these days.

What SHOULD be happening in the meantime is ANYBODY who's under 21 should be told to STAY OFF. It's not just a matter of their interest, it's a matter of everybody here's.

there is a disclamer when you type steroid .com, it says:

"Anabolic Steroids n: any of a group of synthetic steroids or hormones used to stimulate muscle and bone growth; sometimes used illicitly by athletes to increase their strength

Steroid .com will take you into the world of anabolic steroids and show you both the positives and negatives related to the use of these drugs. We will show you examples of how these anabolic steroids are cycled and stacked with other anabolic steroids to give the user their desired results and show you the side effects of those anabolic steroids. Anabolic steroids are not to be used without a doctor’s supervision and guidance. An overwhelming amount of the younger population and even an amazing amount of the older are using Anabolic steroids as a recreational or performance enhancing drug. The use of steroids will help to create a stronger more muscular physic but only when used with proper training and diet. Steroid .com tries to bring anabolic steroid information to the public on a non-bias platform. Steroids are illegal to use without a prescription in many countries and is recognized as an illegal drug. Please research the laws in your own country.

NOTE: Anabolic Steroids can be dangerous to a person’s health and if an individual must take these anabolic steroids, please make sure they research and have the proper medical supervision. Steroid .com does not recommend the use of steroids."

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Well, first, welcome to the board bro. The first thing someone is going to ask is what does your diet look like? A lot of bro's who think they've hit their pleateau its because of there diet. But, I will tell you that you did the right thing by coming on the board to educate yourself. Steroids isn't a miracle drug and you should know every single thing about what your going to put in your body. So hand around in the educational forums and ask questions. Before long you will know a ton of sht....

BLT

Well This site is not what I expected, Thanks for the welcome and I hope to learn a lot of Sht. As I know from what I have read so far, it does indeed help me get an understanding of the gear.

I believe after a few more weeks of study and some good teachers in you guys, I could possibly be ready for the jump.
    What I expected in this site was just a bunch of ragers telling each other how big they are and sht. But in reality it's a bunch of normal guys willing to help someone or anyone get in shape. I'm very surprised by everyones demeaner and everyone so far has been a big help. KUDOS TO THIS SITE.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    I think maybe we should put an 18 and over warning on this site just like porn sites doe. That way when the dogs come after us, we can have some protection.

Just visit the Members Pictures area Right now there are at least 3-4 guys under 21 posting there pics with info about their first cycle....and no one but me has been disuading them from using AS. I understand the more you tell kids something is bad, they want it even more, but we have to try.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    some people mature faster than others. Im almost 21 and I felt that I was ready to start a cycle so I did. Ive been reading up on it and feel that from this site I have gained enough knowledge to do a cycle that is smart. 18 is young though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information