NOC2006 is offline New Member

Thumbs down stretch marks while cycling

what's up bro's? I am just curious, when I'm cycling some good ol' gear, i get stretch marks pretty bad. I am wondering is there anythin I can take to subside this? Any creams or anything I can take to get rid of the stretch marks that are already there? I am tanning and taking a shit load of zinc, and still i get them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

solid90062 is offline Member
    Vitamin E and cocoa butter help slightly by moisturizing the sking during growth, however it doesnt help alot...

Most people will say, if you dont like stretch marks, dont get big.

jersey juice is offline Member
    They can fade, but they never go away. They'll just look like really white lines on your skin.

poppapump58 is offline Member
    I dont think there is anyway to get rid of stretch marks. Tanning always helped me.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I heard that laser surgery can get rid of them. Is this true?

Also, some guy in my gym said that if you do cardio on a bike for about 60mins or so, you'll end up getting a huge ass, cause your sitting on the bike for so long? Is this true? Sorry, I know this doesn't have to do with the question

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    If they are really bad then try to get Retnin-a. It's not OTC.

Be proud of your stretch marks, they’re nothing to be ashamed of. Call them Battle Scars!

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    Theres a product woman take after pregnancy called "mothers helper" that works fairly well. It only fades them though, doesn't eliminate them. Tanning will also help but I like the BRM said, "call them battle scars!" Thats how I look at it too!

NightOp is offline Member
    ive read that eating enough fatty acids and unsaturated fats and oils such as peanut butter, etc... do a good job of keeping the skin elastic and helps avoid stretch marks, just a thought...

TooTuff is offline New Member
    Ome out of the Big MD, but go to school at UVa
    Man I don't know why people are so worried about stretch marks personally I like them. Lets me know without getting on the scale I am growing, I mean granted thet can get out of control but either way not something that I personally am trying to hide

Grant is offline Member
    After awhile you will get used to them bro. Mine are still big and purple. You are paying more attention to them than anybody else. If you have stretch marks bad, it's likely they looking at the muscles. As for Vitamin E and tanning, it didn't do anything.

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    When stretch marks are "forming", they will be purple and look pretty nasty. But as time goes on, they fade, and can even blend in perfectly with your skin tone (as mine have). I've tanned extensively, and never took any creams or anything else. So I credit it to the tanning. So I wouldn't worry much about it bro, it's all a part of growing. Better than the alternative.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by solid90062
    Vitamin E and cocoa butter help slightly by moisturizing the sking during growth, however it doesnt help alot...

Most people will say, if you dont like stretch marks, dont get big.
    That's pretty much it...I do everything possible and I still get stretch marks on my bi's and armp pits...

Thread Information