nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member

Question Difference with cutting a bulking cycle

I was asked a question by a buddy of mine on saturday that got me confused. he wanted to know the difference between a cutting cycle and a bulking cycle so i told him, cutting = defines the body more e.g. cuts you up and bulking one makes you huge.

he then asked wich is best for putting on most muscle using a cycle like below ??

weeks 1-12 test
    weeks 1-12 cutter
    weeks 1-4 dbol (to kick start cycle)

weeks 1-12 test
    weeks 1-12 bulker
    weeks 1-4 dbol (to kick start cycle)

any advice i could give him guys, he's about 15%bf would the cutting one help him to loose a bit of weight aslong as he ate right.

many thanks bro's

Ambulance is offline Member
    We need to know the rest of his stats first bro. Most people recomend at least 2 bulking cycles before a cutter so you have a nice platform to shrink and shred from/to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulance
    We need to know the rest of his stats first bro. Most people recomend at least 2 bulking cycles before a cutter so you have a nice platform to shrink and shred from/to.
    height - 6ft
    weight - 14.6 stone (uk)
    training - over 2 years on and off, he's been back on for the past 6 months or so.

he's done 1 dbol only cycle before, against my adivse.

he's more concerned about having aload of muscle, he doesnt mind been a bit tubby, like he is now while on cycle, im gonna stick him on a strict diet and possibly some DNP (if he finds his own source) after the cycle.
    Last edited by nobbythedonkey; 06-21-2004 at 02:24 AM.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    bro id advice your friend to research more because obviously he doent know enough to do a cycle. it could actually be detrimental to his overall health and fitness goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    bro id advice your friend to research more because obviously he doent know enough to do a cycle. it could actually be detrimental to his overall health and fitness goal.
    im asking for him because he cant get access to a pc very often, ill do what i can for him, im also curious for my self wich one will give most muscle.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey
    im asking for him because he cant get access to a pc very often, ill do what i can for him, im also curious for my self wich one will give most muscle.

in that case tell him to go for the bulker since his goal is to gain mass overall. thats what i would do even if it meant gaining a few pounds of fat.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbythedonkey
    14.6 stone (uk)

I love how weight is measured in stone in europe. I'm gonna start telling people how much I weight in stone for now on.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    On a cutting cycle the point is to keep your hard earned muscle, thats it. You shouldnt realy expect to add keepable weight gain from a real cutting cycle. Its not a good Idea to try to cut or bulk in the same cycle.

Thread Information