hellnhavoc is offline New Member

Fighting Tendonitis My Experience and How I Beat it

Well im 20 years old and have experienced elbow tendonitis twice now and most recently i was on a test E only cycle. This thread is in no way recommending people of my age or younger to engage in steroid use .
    This is also an over the counter method of dealing with this problem often caused by sudden increase in weight. Im writing this simply to help people deal with this some what frustrating ailement.

Prevention- personally it is my belief that a good perfect form warm-up set / stretching routine is perhaps the best method of prevention. I know you wanna just run in there and hit the weights but a 1 minute warm-up routine really isnt cutting it. Set an example for the younger guys and warm-up properly. I also recommend glucosamine and chondroitin often found combined together in pill form. You wont notice the wonder of these two for about 2 weeks. My doc recommended this years ago and ive never looked back.

Treatment- Although there are varied methods for doing this the way i decided to go is as follows.
    1. elbow brace; i cannot stress how important this is
    2. taking 3 advil 30 min before lifting
    3. Replace exercises that excessively stress the elbow (atleast for 2 weeks) this is important mainly because if you dont, this ailement will be reoccuring and could quickly end your workout. For me this meant removing my beloved skull crushers. Not to mention watching my elbows on all exercises... ive noticed the better your form the less stress on the elbows. This is the perfect time to start practicing technique over power.
    4. when you first realize your suffering from tendonitis take 3-5 days off depending on severity and if your "on".
    5. Icy-Hot learn the name well it will be your best friend in the upcoming weeks. I recommend 3-4 weeks of pre-workout use. I would rub it in right before i left for the gym, gently rub tendons right before the workout and then place the elbow brace on. It may feel weird at first and youll smell like an 80 year old man but god it makes everything so much better.
    6. I generally recommend icing down the tendons after the workout, because this is when the inflammation could reverse all of the healing youve done over the past few days.
    7. Above all else dont be a hero.. sometimes its smarter to go home then destroy yourself in the gym.. theres a thin line between hardcore lifting and being stupid.

I am in no way saying this a fool proof method, but it's my experience and I only hope it helps someone out.

More info below...

What is a tendon?

A tendon is a tough yet flexible band of fibrous tissue. The tendon is the structure in your body that connects your muscles to the bones. The skeletal muscles in your body are responsible for moving your bones, thus enabling you to walk, jump, lift, and move in many ways. When a muscle contracts it pulls on a bone to cause movements. The structure that transmits the force of the muscle contraction to the bone is called a tendon.

Tendons come in many shapes and sizes. Some are very small, like the ones that cause movements of your fingers, and some are much larger, such as your Achilles tendon in your heel. When functioning normally, these tendons glide easily and smoothly as the muscle contracts. In some cases a tendon will run within a sheath. Inflammation of this sheath can cause an entrapment of the tendon, as is the case in the syndrome trigger finger.

What causes tendonitis?

The most common cause of tendonitis is overuse. Commonly, individuals begin an exercise program, or increase their level of exercise, and begin to experience symptoms of tendonitis. The tendon is unaccustomed to the new level of demand, and this overuse will cause an inflammation and tendonitis.

Another common cause of symptoms of tendonitis is due to age-related changes of the tendon. As people age, the tendons loose their elasticity and ability to glide as smoothly as they used to. With increasing age, individuals are more prone to developing symptoms of tendonitis. The cause of these age-related changes is not entirely understood, but may be due to changes in the blood vessels that supply nutrition to the tendons.

Will tendonitis return after treatment?

Not necessarily, but it certainly may. If you do experience tendonitis, you are more likely to have symptoms again down the road, but with an intelligent approach to your exercise or activity routine, this problem can often be avoided

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/spor...tendonitis.htm

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    GOOD POST! Thanks bro

hellnhavoc is offline New Member
    no prob hope more people read this.. spent a good bit of time on it

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    One thing you forgot to mention as a treatment... Deca ! Whenever I am NOT on deca... I get a sore spot on my elbow tenden... this is on or off cycles... go on deca and the pain completely goes away until approximately 3 weeks after the last deca shot. My elbow pain is in the tenden, NOT the bone joint and deca treats this very nicely! Deca also makes burcitus go away for the cycle... sometimes it treats the burcitus so well it takes 6 months after the cycle before it starts to come back again.

Thread Information