T.C. is offline New Member

Can I a diabetic cycle steriods?

I am a type 2 insuilin dependent diabetic and I am thinking about stacking 400 mg Deca/week, 500 mg Sustanon/week, and 20 mg (D-bol)/day for six weeks. Could this cause me to have coplications because I am a diabetic? Should I even consider steriods at all?

DoctaBig is offline Member
    pm me

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    You'll definately have to keep a closer watch on your BG, alot of AAS users experience hypo during there cycles including myself, but this can be prevented by your carb timing etc...Or additional slin, What are you taking for your type II?

T.C. is offline New Member
    I take lantis, it is a time released insulin I take once a day that keeps my sugar levels from going two high during the day. If Im going to eat alot of carbs i may need to take a pre meal insulin called novolog. Do you think the muscle gain from this cycle cause my sugar levels to go down without the diabetic meds?

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Your BG will be lower when using AAS I would still suggest monitoring your BG, you obviously know the symptoms of hyper as well as hypo, so taking AAS might require you to take less lantis, or novalog.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C.
    I take lantis, it is a time released insulin I take once a day that keeps my sugar levels from going two high during the day. If Im going to eat alot of carbs i may need to take a pre meal insulin called novolog. Do you think the muscle gain from this cycle cause my sugar levels to go down without the diabetic meds?

How old are you? What's your bf%? If relatively lean now, were you previously overweight? Prolonged AAS use can induce further insulin resistance, which isn't what a type II diabetic wants, obviously. I can't imagine sticking with lantus while trying to consume enough calories to make using AAS worthwhile. You'd be better off using your short-acting slin as needed instead, which could be a big hassle, depending on how dependent you are on your insulin. I assume you're European, since you're using novolog?? Humalog (insulin lispro) is the only insulin I know of to be shown NOT to induce further insulin resistance and be able to elicit better glucose sensitivity in those with fairly strong insulin resistance. Novorapid and Humalog are similar in their activity peaks and onsets, so if you're familiar with timing novorapid already, switching to Humalog should be no problem. I am not encouraging you to use AAS, as it's more of a risk for you than it is for others, but make sure you consider all the variables before proceeding.

Thread Information