Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lozgod

Thread: Atkins diet during cycle??

StevieG is offline New Member

Atkins diet during cycle??

Can gains still be made if you are on the Atkins diet during a cycle of Dbol , Sust and Deca ?

I want to make good gains in strength and size while still getting the fat burning benefits of the Atkins diet, can this be done or is it not recommended?

musclehead1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieG
    Can gains still be made if you are on the Atkins diet during a cycle of Dbol , Sust and Deca ?

I want to make good gains in strength and size while still getting the fat burning benefits of the Atkins diet, can this be done or is it not recommended?

I think there was a post about this in the educational forums try a search there....i think it said something about needing carbs to build muscle (prolly for energy when u workout, but i might be entirely wrong)......the three roids u mentioned up above have a lot of bloat with them....try something like prop & winny or var and hard core cardio few times a week

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    Bro,
    let me just say unless you are a diabetic then stay the F*** away from the atkins diet. you cant live without carbs, nor can you build muscle. The atkins diet will put you in a diabetic state ( the diet was original for diabetics) it will rob you of you muscle. Most people also dont know that your body can convert protein into sugar. your body will always find a way to survive.

you need some type of protein and carbs in each meal. Especially if you are doing a cycle. try carb cycling, for example cut your cabs down to about 175gm for 3 days and on the fourth day take in about 350 gm for 1 day. repeat cycle. this will give your body a boost, your energy levels will surge, your muscles will fill out and your matabolism gets a kick.

Good luck

HM

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    ketosis you need carbs bro

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    The only carbs you need are post workout. Read the cutting sticky and see their recommendations for pwo nutrition.

it has worked VERY well for me.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Carbs replace muscle gulcose that was used during you w/o you need to replace those

JohnnyB

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Carbs replace muscle gulcose that was used during you w/o you need to replace those

JohnnyB
    exactly, hence the reason pwo nutrition is critical.

NATTY is offline Associate Member
    I try to get all of my carbs in the morning after cardio with oatmeal and then after I worlout in the evening I eat some whole wheat pasta/brown rice/yam and some chicken breast

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm ive never been a fan of the atkins diet, so id say no

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieG

Very bad idea... when on steroids , your body will demand a certain level of protein and energy... if its not available, it will start canabolizing your intestines and your immune system in order to make these nutrients available for muscle growth. Remember 1 pound of muscle gain = 10,000 calaries to produce, it will be taken from "somewhere".

You need to have enough carbs so your body doesnt convert protein into carbs... thus reducing your protein levels available for growth and resulting and more damage to intestines and immune system. If you are going to be on steroids... even a cutting type cycle, you still need to maintain at least 200 grams of protein and minimum of 3000 calaries a day... this means throw the atkin's diet out at least while you are on cycle and/or until about a month after you complete PCT.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Well in spite of common knowledge you DO eat carbs on Atkins. The diet is primarily focused on eliminating sugar, high fructose corn syrup, starchy carbs, and trans-fatty acids. There are many variations to the diet, if you never read any of his books then you have zero knowledge to speak on it. Yes you can do the Atkins diet on cycle, but not if you don't know how to do it correctly. There is a version of the Atkins lifestyle where you eat up to 300 grams of carbs a day.

As far as burning muscle because of Atkins that is absolutely not true. You are consuming protein as your base food, that is the protein that gets burned not muscle.

MORAL TO THE STORY................READ THE LITERATURE BEFORE GIVING ADVICE ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!
    patrocluss likes this.

Thread Information