OneMoreSet is offline Associate Member

week 7 still no gains in weight

Hey guys,

I just did my first injection for week seven yesterday. I have made really good gains as far as strength are conserned over the past 2-3 weeks.

BUT....

I have yet to gain a single pound.... I am sitting at 190 pounds and I cant put anymore weight on.

Do you guys think my **** is bunk or I just need to eat more, Should I get some weight gainer to make up the calories that I am not getting in my diet? any advice would be helpfull

Thanks

Senior_FKG is offline Associate Member
    What are you taking and at what doses?? How is your present diet?? How do you train?? It could be a number of these things, a pic of the gear would be helpful too

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    what does the mirror tell you?? you dont nesacerraly need to be gaining weight as you may be dropping bf.just to give you an example.i have been running my cycle now for 12 weeks...tren ,eq,test e,slin,cle/eca and i kicked it off with 4 weeks of dbol and prop.i have gone from 275# to presently 242# and now im at 9% bf .when i started i was around 20%...so you can see i have lost a shyt load of weight/bf.but my overall muscles have become larger...this was my intension at the beginning of this cycle...now if your trying to bulk,then that is another story.
    what does your diet look like?? and what gear and dosages are you running.
    what are your goals?

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    Post what youre running so its easier for everyone to tell what kind of gains you should be seeing

I am taking 500mg test enanthate QV along with EQ 400mg , both twice a week. The bottles are the same exact as my last cycle that I did get gains from. the hologram peels off with the little dots behind it.

I was training 5 times a week but now I dropped to 3-4 times a week thinking that I needed more rest to see gains. I am getting roughly 3-4 thousand calories and about 150grams of protien( i think this is where my problem is)

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    I try and get 1.5grams of protein per lb.
    Last edited by Krunchtime; 06-22-2004 at 07:25 AM.

right now I am tring to bulk,

I feel that the test is real do to the fact that I have noticed some shrinkage in my boys, I have intense pumps when im at the gym and I have made very good strength gains.

OMS

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Sounds like your diet is off bro.If you don't know how many cals your taking in each day.That sends up a red flag right there.

thanks DB, thats what i figured it was I was just alittle worried to over do it I guess, even though I know you cant cut and bulk at the same time

I will just eat my little heart out for the next week and see if I can gain at least a pound..

OMS

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSet
    thanks DB, thats what i figured it was I was just alittle worried to over do it I guess, even though I know you cant cut and bulk at the same time

I will just eat my little heart out for the next week and see if I can gain at least a pound..

OMS
    take the time to write out a diet,and keep it all clean food,so you won't gain any excess bf.try for 4000 cals,then you can up it slowly as your cycle progresses.

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    realize too the average for a typical bodybuilder protien intake is stated in bodybuilding lit is 1g+/lb. IF that hold true than shoot for 190g intake. Be also advise the bigger you get the more your body requires food to maintain its balance. The downside is if you really wish to gain mass you will always be eating... Thus in the end , potentially adding increased adipose brown fat!

I am tring to get to about 220, of course I dont expect this to happen on this cycle alone but thats my goal before I do a cutter cycle. I dont wanna cut when I still feel small.

OMS

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I am taking 500mg test enanthate QV along with EQ 400mg , both twice a week. The bottles are the same exact as my last cycle that I did get gains from. the hologram peels off with the little dots behind it.

I was training 5 times a week but now I dropped to 3-4 times a week thinking that I needed more rest to see gains. I am getting roughly 3-4 thousand calories and about 150grams of protein( i think this is where my problem is)
    The protein thing.... thats up for dispute. Both my doctor and trainer seem to think the key to muscle gain is eating 80% carbs and that the body has difficulty using more then 30 grams of protein over a 2 hour period.... meaning, eat a 80 gram of protein double burger from Wendy's... only get the benefits of 30 grams of protein, and if not enough carbs are eaten, then some of your protein is converted to sugar for energy and processed as if carbs anyways to make up for the carb shortage.

Also second cycles, if repeated too soon after the first dont net you a lot of gains... not as much as the first cycle. My first cycle I gained like crazy but it was 50% fat... my second cycle has gone like yours, converting the extra fat from the last cycle to muscle so reality is, each cycle has gained me about 10 lbs of muscle each time. In theory, 10 lbs of muscle gain per cycle is about typical... although second cycles dont gain you as much fat as the first time will.

Other thing is, one more reason for no gains... EQ explains everything... most people do EQ to convert fat weight to muscle weight... get almost no water bloat or fat gain from EQ. Its generally a cutting cycle... if you wanted to see the scale increase and zoom you over 200 lbs... then maybe you should have done deca instead of EQ.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    The protein thing.... thats up for dispute. Both my doctor and trainer seem to think the key to muscle gain is eating 80% carbs and that the body has difficulty using more then 30 grams of protein over a 2 hour period.... meaning, eat a 80 gram of protein double burger from Wendy's... only get the benefits of 30 grams of protein, and if not enough carbs are eaten, then some of your protein is converted to sugar for energy and processed as if carbs anyways to make up for the carb shortage.

Also second cycles, if repeated too soon after the first dont net you a lot of gains... not as much as the first cycle. My first cycle I gained like crazy but it was 50% fat... my second cycle has gone like yours, converting the extra fat from the last cycle to muscle so reality is, each cycle has gained me about 10 lbs of muscle each time. In theory, 10 lbs of muscle gain per cycle is about typical... although second cycles dont gain you as much fat as the first time will.

Other thing is, one more reason for no gains... EQ explains everything... most people do EQ to convert fat weight to muscle weight... get almost no water bloat or fat gain from EQ. Its generally a cutting cycle... if you wanted to see the scale increase and zoom you over 200 lbs... then maybe you should have done deca instead of EQ.
    hmmmmmmmmm how to responde............

true about the eq... but i like it...

DaBull got it right on the diet issue... and most will recommend 1.5-2 grams of protein per lbm..

You are currently probably gaining 1 lb of muscle, and losing 1 lb of fat... most would be happy with that..

too late for dbol ..

and if excess protein is converted for energy.. that's ok, as carbs are converted to sugar also but are more easily stored as fat.. thus one of the reasons low carb diets work..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    I don't buy into the whole "eat more" theory when using gear. I just did a cycle of prop/tren at low doses and consumed 2200-2400 cals/day as a cutting diet. I ended the cycle 7lbs heavier and bodyfat dropped probably a good 4% too. I also did cardio 7 days/week, lifted 4 days/week, AND took t3.

I just find it odd that people aren't gaining weight on gear - especially test enanthate . I would think you should gain weight no matter what, at least from holding some water if not muscle gain. I weigh 200lbs and consume 250g protein/day, so that may be part of the problem bud.

That's just my experience....

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I am tring to get to about 220, of course I dont expect this to happen on this cycle alone but thats my goal before I do a cutter cycle. I dont wanna cut when I still feel small.

OMS
    Then eat like you 250

JohnnyB

then thats what I will do I will eat like crazy and keep you guys posted if i gain at the end of the week. I guess its just me comparing it to my first cycle where at week 7 I had gained like 13lbs. hopefully if I start eating like a maniac now I will see the gains I am looking for before the end of the cycle which is thirteen weeks by the way.

thanks for all the replies
    OMS

real quick, I have noticed a change in my body as far as fat loss and muscle gain go.. just not what I expected I guess.. kinda just looking for reasurance that I still may get some gains from this cycle.

OMS

real quick, I have noticed a change in my body as far as fat loss and muscle gain go.. just not what I expected I guess.. kinda just looking for reasurance that I still may get some gains from this cycle.

OMS
    Well and now you know why older guys tell you younger guys not to cycle too early... you get a good cycle but if you are too young, succeeding cycles give less and less and less eventually start getting negative results because when off cycle you are producing less testosterone then lets say had you never done a cycle. Seems older dudes over 28 years old get much more satisfying results then those under 22... you do get one good cycle when young but it permanently lowers your natural hormone production when you should be at your peak... it also lowers your growth hormones at a faster pace, etc that by the time you are 28, you will be smaller doing cycles then had you just stayed natural all along.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    That same thing happened to me until I started eating more food(nutritious food of course), I upped my cal intake from 4000 to 4500, I started @ 192lbs and on week 6-7 I was up to 197, but its true what DEVLDOG said, what is the mirror telling you? I stayed @ the same "weight", but I was getting bigger, and more cut. I also knew something good was happening b/c people @ work were telling me I was getting bigger, and other people that hadnt seen me in only 2 weeks have told me I was bigger. So keep working hard, eat good food, remember your protein rules and you should be fine. When I first started the gear I was getting impatient b/c I wasnt seeing any results until about the 5th to 6th week, just do your thing. Keep lifting!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet is key when trying to gain weight, especially for hardgainers, but your gear could be bunk as well, b/c evenm if you arent takingin enought calories if the juice is really good you will still gain weight. But if your gear is 100% legit and you arent gaining weight then its most deff. your diet.

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    wow eating 80% carbs!! Stay away from those quacks! Its true excess protein can cause ketones (WHICH ARE BAD) but only at extremly high doses. By the way if the doctor & trainer said 80% carbs(which turns to fat much more easily than protien Escpecially Whey) &20 (or 10%+10%fat)% protein what about the EFA's! They are just as important if not more... I never new carbs are the building blocks of muscell tissue?? Maybe I need to go back to school. just my 2 cents..
    Last edited by rhapsody; 06-22-2004 at 01:41 PM. Reason: more info

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Yeah 80% carbs is a bit steep, but you do have to balance out your protein with your carb intake...To clear things up I agree on a "balanced" carb intake" not excessive, b/c all in all carbs may turn into fat but so does protein, if not used by your body... You have to find your body's balance, that no one can tell you excpet for YOU! =)

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    Bro

It’s your diet. I started this cycle with test only then added Tren and Slin. I have a slight problem that’s not a problem. My shirts will no longer button @ the collar.

I wore a t-shirt out and my neighbor comment Dam how did you get so big so quick and keep a flat stomach.

In short I started my first cycle @ 165 with a poor diet (2k to 2500k cal) and pissy work out and only went to 175. That was a tren only cycle. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE! TEST WITH ANY CYCLE!

Now I weigh in at 195 (two cyc later) and hit about 180 in protein and 3k to 4k in calories ED. I also work my butt off.

Post your stats and your diet for the average of three day’s and take the advice a vet gives and follow it and you will gain. If not it’s a waste of gear.

You’re off to a good start maximize your investment bro.

thanks for all the advice guys

I will let you know in a week or two after I up my calories if i see any gains

OMS

GreenOak is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    The protein thing.... thats up for dispute. Both my doctor and trainer seem to think the key to muscle gain is eating 80% carbs and that the body has difficulty using more then 30 grams of protein over a 2 hour period....
    This is not true....a common myth but not true.
    You shouldn't be eating all of your daily protein at one sitting but instead spreading it over a day, which makes sense. However, there is no number like 30 that your body cannot go over.

-Oak

jace457 is offline New Member
    i have a similar question right now I take 100mg dec and 100mg primo and consume 2100 cal 245g of protein and 280 carb should I am very concious about putting on body fat so I am relentless to adding a whole bunch more calories. My next stack will be sus 250, 250mg/wk dec 200mg/wk and primo 100mg/wk I weigh 146# now I would like to be at 195#

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    if your weight is staying the same,then you are just eating enough to maintain your weight,up the calories and try to keep it clean.

ISO D is offline New Member
    Look the majority of the folks here have already answered the question 80% of your gains or possible gains will come from your diet pure and simple. you need that high protein as already stated. Don't even dream of that 80% carb bunk. Also be patient. These things won't happen overnight. Work hard stay focused and log everything you do and eat, and I mean everything. When you look at the data you will gather your next cycle will be even more effective and so on and so on. You did the right thing asking and keeping your motivation going. Now put all the good advice from these folks to good use and grow....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOak
    This is not true....a common myth but not true.
    You shouldn't be eating all of your daily protein at one sitting but instead spreading it over a day, which makes sense. However, there is no number like 30 that your body cannot go over.

-Oak
    Well the documents I've seen its more like 40 grams of protein consumed at a time... also I never admitted steroid use to doctor or trainer so maybe they are thinking "the natural way".... I took their 80% carbs with a grain of salt and I think I am still ignoring them and its more like 50% protein in my diet personally. I think off steroids your body really cant utilize 200+ grams of protein a day and I do know your protein requirements increase when on roids so... I guess there are some adjustments to be made...

BTW, both doc and trainer both emphasized how BAD it is if protein starts showing up in your piss... they both thought it would be better for kidneys to lay off or stay below 3/4 gram protein per pound of body fat... they also recommended staying below 3000 calaries on that 80% carbs thing so they felt confident with some cardio, there would be no fat gain issues at a limited calary count.

Thread Information