solid90062 is offline Member

Whats the best way to minimize acne during your cycle?

Any guys who are prone to acne chime in...

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    try glycerine soap. seems to work.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Methuselah is offline Member
    The short answer is Nolvadex to try and avoid it.

Here is the long answer and what to do if something goes wrong. The long and the short of it is wash you face frequently, use Retina-A, use Oxy pads on your back, start taking mass quantities of vitamin A.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...highlight=acne

Bro, there are many threads on this for you. Do a search on Acne. Hope it passes soon. It sucks to have a great looking body and f*cking pimples! The ones on the back are stubborn as hell. I'm on my next cycle and still have some dry scabby ones left from the last cycle. The face is no problem. They go away within a week with regular applications of Retin-A.

I hope that this helps you. I know they suck!!! I haven't had any problems since I added Nolvadex to the mix, I'm prone to acne on cycle.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    I put this on another thread:
    I talked to my dermatologist about this. Acne is a result of an imbalance in the bacteria's on your face. Your skin is loaded with billions of micro-organisms. As you sweat, dirt and oil get trapped in the pores, creating a perfect environment for certain types of bacteria. If you use anti-bacterial soap you kill that bacteria, but you also kill the bacteria on your face that you need. Anotherwords the best thing to do for acne is...
    1. use dove or some other type of product instead of soap.
    2. After you workout, take a shower promptly to remove as much dirt and oil before it sets it.
    3. Use a warm wash cloth on the face once or twice daily to open up the poors and help to pull the dirt and oil out of them (I do it every night before I got to bed) (if you are using any types of creams, apply the creams after useing a warm wash cloth (helps the stuff get in the pours)).
    4. Go to a drug store and find some acne type of cream, look on the back and find one that has Benzoyl Peroxide as the active ingredient. My dermatologist told me that any type of pads are not a good idea.

If acne percists, go to a Dermatologist and ask for Retin A, or Triaz (for both products there are different strengths, but basically they just have more Benzoyl Peroxide in them than stuff you can get over the counter). If acne still percists, ask for Tet-tra-cy-clin (i don't know how to spell it so sound it out), its an antibiotic which works for some people (worked wonders for me in high school).

The big two things that really help you out are Benzoyl Peroxide and a warm wash cloth every night.

My dermatologist told me that any type of pads are not a good idea.
    Any idea on why the pads aren't a good idea? They have Benzoyl Peroxide. I noticed that they worked great on my face and only OK on my back. I'm still trying to break the code for my back; I'm considering using formaldehyde to dry them out.

Originally posted by VEGETA990
    If acne still percists, ask for Tet-tra-cy-clin (i don't know how to spell it so sound it out), its an antibiotic which works for some people (worked wonders for me in high school).
    Tetracycline kills bacteria in the intestines and colon that is essential for proper digestion. It can cause more problems than it fixes.

Nice post about Acne, but is treatment different for Steroid induced Acne? I asked the question because I have used different Acne treatments in the past (unfortunately I am prone to it), but was wondering if treatment is different since the cause will be different.
    Last edited by solid90062; 02-12-2002 at 07:54 PM.

Steroid induced acne is no different than the acne you may have had when you were younger. The cause may seem different, but its actually not. Too much oil is a major cause - caused by puberty and by steroid use .

I think that we're all responding to steroid induced acne.

thanks...thats what i was curious about. Sorry if I seem a lil dense about it, but was just wondering since it was gear induced that i would need to treat it differently...Also when i was typing the last post the other ones werent up yet...So infact i was responding to post 3
    Last edited by solid90062; 02-12-2002 at 08:00 PM.

Jeopardy
    _________

Topic:
    Scandals invented by the news media for 500

The answer is:
    Accutane will cause you to commit suicide by flying a small plane into a building.

Question: What is your favorite bullsh*t story that's incorrectly reported on by the news media?

landshark is offline Associate Member
    Hey Excess, does the same go for doxycycline and minocycline, cause my doctor has prescribed both to me before and I was taking them for a while. Didn't help much anyway... I just started using that Triaz cream (6%) but no results as of yet...

juicy2000 is offline Junior Member
    well i have swmming in school and the chlorine in the water seems to help a little and goin tanning....i am goin to try and vegata said to

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    tanning beds.... works very very good. zaps the pimples and dries your skin after only 1-2 visits.. and keeps the pimples from coming back...

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    I`m on a Eq. Cyp and started the cycle off with 4wks. of d-bol. I take .25mg of arimidex per day. Beleive it or not I think that the arimidex has significantly reduced my acne in comparison to my last cycle. I have also been tanning twice a week for 20mins a pop. Also when I start to notice acne starting to try to pop out on my back the old lady puts rubbing alcohol on them to help dry them out. It is weird my back is the only place I tend to get the acne.

G-S Guest
    Tanning is a good idea. Keep that skin dried out, and also use soap that doesn't have alot of additives.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Personally i have taken accutane which kills ur sebaceous glands, but my cycle has still caused a few pimples on my face and for the first time ever, i am gettin chest acne which kinda sux =\

Thread Information