rhapsody is offline Junior Member

quad inject hitting a nerve

I tried for my first time a quad shot. I changed the pin to a 25g 5/8. I inserted SLOWLY, then bang a sharp funny pain. I believe I hit a nerve on my first attempt. Now im somewhat apprehensive about try again tonight. Is this normal? How many experience this. Im glad I just did not jamm it fast!!

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    25g at 5/8... thats a little small dont you think? lol
    anyway- i usually hit nerve at about 1 in every 10 quad shots. just slowly pull out and move slightly one way or the other.

Latimus is offline Banned
    you will be alright...dont inject in the same leg...and you should be using a longer needle for quad

Tygh is offline Associate Member
    Use a 1" pin for quads. Nicking a nerve happens, nothing unusual. Just withdraw the needle and reinsert at a different spot.

Smeltfisher is offline Junior Member
    No big deal..just scares the hell out of you the first couple of times..

pullout move over and jab again....

And I agree...use the 1" pin for the quads...

Smeltfisher

go in from the side, not the top

ISO D is offline New Member
    You might want to try flexing your thigh, and securely grabbing a handful of the muscle. Then relax your thigh and slowly do the injection where you are grabbing. Since I was shown this trick, I have not ever felt the needle or the injection in any way, and I have never hit a nerve since. I shoot each quad twice a week... Good luck

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hey mate, yea 25g 5/8" is too small use 25g 1" and the first injection will feel odd, you sure you hit a nerve? aspirate to make sure , but you will be able to tell

anyway umm

trailrider38

see that pic i normally inject into 2 (the teardrop) as some call it,

you inject into the side as shown in the pics on spotinjections? can you do it from the top or only side? when i tried that area it hurt more than the teardrop

thanks guys I know to use a 1", but since it was my 1st time thats why I tried it. Never had a chance to aspirate but do...And for the record I had prop & it flowed easy then I thought in the 25g

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    didn;t get the chance to aspirate ???? thats a pretty critical thing, i don;t understand how u didn;t have the chance?

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quad injection + Hitting nerve = Me ing like a bitch.

CutUp is offline Junior Member
    First time I hit a nerve it scared the Shiot out of me! My leg twitched like crazy.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have done a lot of quad injects and never hit a nerve on the side of the leg. Sometimes you start to get a little pain when you go through a vein. I always put the needle in slowly.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you hit a nerve it would do more than hurt. Your leg would spasm and youd probally chuck the rig across the room!!!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody
    I tried for my first time a quad shot. I changed the pin to a 25g 5/8. I inserted SLOWLY, then bang a sharp funny pain. I believe I hit a nerve on my first attempt. Now im somewhat apprehensive about try again tonight. Is this normal? How many experience this. Im glad I just did not jamm it fast!!
    Getpinz sent me like 8 5/8 needles when I wanted all 1 inchers.. I had to use them but the 5/8 is not deep enough for quads and it scar tissues up quickly where-ever you are poking because some leaks out of muscle and toughens up your skin where its real tough to get the needle thru... you need longer needles and your quads will get better after a couple weeks... also when you rubbing alcohol your spot... need to let it dry... **** that will BURN BABY BURN if you try poking with your skin still wet with alcohol.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    It's funny. I have injected in my quads a hundred times with no issues. Well, Last night I decided to inject more towards the top of the quad (vs the side) and WALLA, I hit a **** nerve. It is the weirdest feeling, but no biggie. just pulled the pin up a bit moved it over and no issues

Okay I meant did not have time to aspirate on THAT try... did in buttocks. Going to try again Thursday.... I can do it!! Thanks guys

Thread Information