cardiodan is offline Associate Member

Complete t3 / cytomel cycle plan. Please critique

Cardio's t3 / cytomel plan
    Hey bros Im currently looking on checking my thyroid PCT, diet and dosages even though they've been checked by mallet and steroids 101. The PCT however has not.
    For PCT I dont want more than necessary, and while i realize aor.ca and others are good sites, i trust bb.com much more ...
    The pct im about to show has been used by others before with good results.
    Please tell me if it's good enough and if it will help me restore my thyroid.
    How long should i keep it up, and if need be fix the dosages.

Forskohlii250mg twice daily when taking T3, 3 times daily when i'm not.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sol/forskohlii.html

Guggul complex500mgs, three times a day
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/guggul.html

Cordyceps. 525mgs of cordyceps, standardized to contain .14 to .18 percent adenosine and 5 percent mannitol, two to three times a day.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mrm/cord.html

Iodine caps -1000mcg of iodine daily
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/kelp.html

[Cycle]

*off
    start over

I will also be taking in the following diet, already checked by mallet and steroid 101.
    My typical day, which is right on the money as mallet says
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 can chicken with tomatoes<--Take the tomatoes out here, they will cause unstable blood sugar levels and make you hungrier throughout the day (the orogenic effect of food has a profound effect on dieting as you may have found the hard way )
    I would also suggest that in lue of tomatoes you add a protein shake with glutamine.

1 cup yams
    40g protein from chicekn/fish

1 apple/banana<-- Here we have one of the worst enemies of dieting in the worst place they could possibly be. Not just for losing fat, but also for bulking (any situation) you never want to have any type of sugar before a workout. It would be far more beneficial for you to have some oatmeal or LGbrown rice here.
    40g protein from lean red meat. <--You might want to cut down on the meat here (to 20-30g) and add a whey protein shake in here to get some glutamine before you workout

POST WORKOUT
    1 cup rice<--Here is the thing that would cause you to lost the most muscle from your current diet. You need dextrose after you workout, handsdown you can not beat dextrose. Dex goes straight into your bloodstream the way other monosacharides can't, in recent studies this has been shown't to simuntaneously build muscle and lose fat. But since your only trying to lose fat, 50-60g dextrose would be perfect here.
    40gprotein from whey
    add some creatine if you wish, it will help preserve muscle.

Also for the postworkout shake, it is my believe that it shoudn't all be taken at once, you need to drink half directly (within 5 minutes of) after workout out, and continualy sip the rest for about 30 minutes. This helps relieve the drastic surge of insulin and steady blood sugar levels.

The rice would be fine if your workout is of the cardio sort though.

Tuna, 40gP
    1 tbsp flax

Whey, 40g<--Switch this with low to no fat cottage cheese, about 1-1.5 cups should do it. The micellar casien will help slow down the absorption of protein from the stomach throughout the night, leaving you in a nice anticatabolic state while you sleep.
    1 tbsp flax

Stats: 15%bf, 190lbs, 5´7. Hardcore natural. No AS this time, save for later. Train balls to the wall. I take my cardio to 170-180bpm to 30-45mins minimum, 5x a week.

THATS IT BROS, ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS APPRECIATED. MOST IMPORTANTLY ON PCT.
    Last edited by cardiodan; 06-17-2004 at 05:51 PM.

bump

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Well it might do you well to get the thyroid glandular product, but besides that it looks good. Be sure your taking enough of these forskallii, remember that the product is very low dosed. Be sure to check bbt to keep it in the optimal range for fat burning. Thanks for the mention.

Yeah anyone that has helped me to the extent you have deserves some mention.
    BTW, anyone know what is this thyroid glandular product? Is it t100?
    Is there a product im missing? Ill check in a second.

For the time being, Id like to get all my products off of one site,that being bb.com .

In favor of a better PCT: Just added> Iodine caps at Mallets recommended dosage
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/kelp.html

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    T-100X contains thyroid glandulars as well as thymus, pituitary, spleen, and adrenals..It also contains bladderwrack which is a good source of iodine, iodine is necessary with tyrosine for the synthesis of t4.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiodan
    Yeah anyone that has helped me to the extent you have deserves some mention.
    BTW, anyone know what is this thyroid glandular product? Is it t100?
    Is there a product im missing? Ill check in a second.

For the time being, Id like to get all my products off of one site,that being bb.com .

As far as the Coleus Forskolii is concerned, you need 10mgs 2 to 3 times a day.so if your caps are 250mgs then they need to be standardised to atleast 4%, if they are 100mgs then they need to be standardised to atleast 10% or take enough to ensure 20-30mgs/day.

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving:

Forskohlii (Coleus forskolii) (root extract) (Guaranteed 3.85 mg [1%] forskolin) 385 mg

Ey mallet,
    That Any good?

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Thats taking 9 caps a day. Its what I did, but like I told you, its definantly not the best.

Fpot66 is offline Junior Member
    I was advised to check up on www.aor.ca to see what companies distribute T-100x, which is also where I found the coleus forskolii at the same company as the T-100x.

Fpot66

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving:

Forskohlii (Coleus forskolii) (root extract) (Guaranteed 3.85 mg [1%] forskolin) 385 mg

Ey mallet,
    That Any good?
    That's pretty minimal. like 101 said you'll need 3 caps three times a day to suffice, that's only a week supply at 60caps/bottle. You already now where I buy mine?

Yes im getting two bottles forksolii...one for the 7/5 cycle and the other one for the rest of the time off.

Anyway, rest of the plan seem good ?

Yes im getting two bottles forksolii...one for the 7/5 cycle and the other one for the rest of the time off.

Anyway, rest of the plan seem good ?
    I like it!

Perfect bro. Will keep you bros updated then.

I just came across some information?
    First timers should not go higher than 125mcgs.
    For me, im trying not to go catabolic, i want to offset that as much as possible...
    But Id rather not put my health on the line if 200mcgs is gonna do that by being unpredictable with the side effects...
    Id much rather know what im taking, wouldnt you rather
    Advice on this is much appreciated, on how i would go about taking 100mcgs or 125mcgs.
    I have 100 tabs of 25mcgs t3 cytomel .
    Thanks bros

gotta bump this one

madmaniac is offline Junior Member
    its always wise to assess your tolerance 1st. do a lower dose cycle 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by madmaniac
    its always wise to assess your tolerance 1st. do a lower dose cycle 1st.
    How many days off between cycles for CYCLEON`s style?
    I dont think it says so in his thread, nor any mention of body temps or pct. I know i have to disregard body temps on a lower dose cycle (why is that?)

Basically i need to know how many days off, the temperature issue and the pct issue. I want to know, essentially the difference between the 7,5 and the cycleon cycle other than dosages.
    Thanks- better to change late than never

bump

Anyone

Cycleon t3 formula would require 6-8 weeks off inbetween cycles, because your running a much longer t3 cycle...It's the same as taking AAS for long periods of time, it takes longer to recover when your done. Ther is no monitoring of temp or pct's with cycleons formula either. The difference between the two is quite obvious.

How many days off between cycles for CYCLEON`s style?
    I dont think it says so in his thread, nor any mention of body temps or pct. I know i have to disregard body temps on a lower dose cycle (why is that?)

Basically i need to know how many days off, the temperature issue and the pct issue. I want to know, essentially the difference between the 7,5 and the cycleon cycle other than dosages.
    Thanks- better to change late than never

What about your formula for a beginner mallet? I was told that for a first timer using it I shouldnt go higher than 125mcgs.Do you agree with this. Should I do a 7,5 like the one i spent all my time planning on or cycleons formula, which now people tell me is more safe ?

any1

The decision is yours? if you've researched both ways then make your choice...We have provided you with all the facts for both formula's, and you've probably heard a great deal of samples from other members, which ever you choose to do I would definately monitor your BBT and get your pct's in line, even though I'm the only one who has recommended the need for monitoring your BBT and taking pct's. I study the glands my friend, and have been working part time with an endocrinologist for a couple of years now, but i'm not here to debate or discredit anybodies t3 cycle theories, but I have posted my choice of cycling t3. good luck!

You dont think if im sensitive to it it will hit me like a ton of bricks ...
    If so its good to go....
    But see thats the only thing i dont understand,....can i be safe with a 7,5 being a beginner. I know its safer with pct and temperatures, but the start seems risky to just delve into 175mcgs. What do you think mallet, help me out..sorry for being hard headed

Your not being hard headed your being smart! If you are overly sensitive to t3 and the such we can straighten out your t3 cycle for you, the 7/5 split is a guidline, i have made small changes to this several times to meat each persons individual needs.

For example we can add a small ramp at the beggining to eaze you into it:

day 1 half of max
    day 2-6 max
    day 7 half of max
    day 8 half of day 7

5 days off then repeat...

if your still not conmfortable with starting at 80-100mcg then go:

day 1 quarter of max
    day 2 half of max
    day 3-7 max
    day 8 half of max
    day 9 half of day 8

I assure you ramping doesn't do much in the way of preventing sides, to experience the "thyroid storm" your BBT would have to exceed 100.00 deg...I have never heard of anyone experiencing thyroid storm while supplementing with t3, also alot of people think they are experiencing thyroid storm when they are actually just witnessing the early stages of hyperthyroidism.

You dont think if im sensitive to it it will hit me like a ton of bricks ...
    If so its good to go....
    But see thats the only thing i dont understand,....can i be safe with a 7,5 being a beginner. I know its safer with pct and temperatures, but the start seems risky to just delve into 175mcgs. What do you think mallet, help me out..sorry for being hard headed

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    What would the "thyroid storm" feel like? Is it normal to feel a little jacked up after taking a 25mcg pill with a meal? I currently am ramping up and I also am splitting up my dosages. So far I am at 50mcgs still get 50mcgs to go for the day. I feel a little amped right now. Tomorrow morning I will take my RT temperture. I hope I am already in that optimal range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    Your not being hard headed your being smart! If you are overly sensitive to t3 and the such we can straighten out your t3 cycle for you, the 7/5 split is a guidline, i have made small changes to this several times to meat each persons individual needs.

For example we can add a small ramp at the beggining to eaze you into it:

day 1 half of max
    day 2-6 max
    day 7 half of max
    day 8 half of day 7

if your still not conmfortable with starting at 80-100mcg then go:

day 1 quarter of max
    day 2 half of max
    day 3-7 max
    day 8 half of max
    day 9 half of day 8

I assure you ramping doesn't do much in the way of preventing sides, to experience the "thyroid storm" your BBT would have to exceed 100.00 deg...I have never heard of anyone experiencing thyroid storm while supplementing with t3, also alot of people think they are experiencing thyroid storm when they are actually just witnessing the early stages of hyperthyroidism.
    PERFECT...
    I think ill do the second cycle, however ill have to update my dosages to 200mcgs being the max, and that makes the quarter, or the start, 50mcgs.
    5 days off and repeat, start pct
    Also, id like to know about that thyroid storm that was mentioned.
    I also looked up some drug website, and it lists thyroid overdose as insomnia heart palpitations trouble breathing etc.
    I know these are the side effects at our dosages. But, is there any thing we can do to counteract some of them?

Quote Originally Posted by big4nuthin
    What would the "thyroid storm" feel like? Is it normal to feel a little jacked up after taking a 25mcg pill with a meal? I currently am ramping up and I also am splitting up my dosages. So far I am at 50mcgs still get 50mcgs to go for the day. I feel a little amped right now. Tomorrow morning I will take my RT temperture. I hope I am already in that optimal range.
    I posted a thread in the pct's forum I think on thyroid storm! It would be virtually impossible to experience thyroid storm on 50mcg of t3

I also looked up some drug website, and it lists thyroid overdose as insomnia heart palpitations trouble breathing etc.
    I know these are the side effects at our dosages. But, is there any thing we can do to counteract some of them?
    ?mallet

also, is the dose adjustment wise.

?mallet
    Those aren't side effcets at our doses, those are hyperthyroid symptoms, your RT would have to get above 98.8 to experience those side effects.

BTW, I can get two types of t3, portuguese and cynomel . I hear cynomel is cheaper yet less effective. Good for beginner?
    I heard supirman45 tried it. Is it still potent? Cuz if cynomel is, (less potent version) ill order two bottles instead).

also, is the dose adjustment wise.
    If your going to keep second guessing yourself Dan then I suggest you scratch the t3 and go with clen or ECA. There's playing it safe and then there's worrying yourself to death, all the stress your causing yourself is going to result in alowered thyroid function..hehe

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to see you back Mallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Good to see you back Mallet.
    I've pimped myself out to to many boards these days...I'll have to cut back soon..hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    If your going to keep second guessing yourself Dan then I suggest you scratch the t3 and go with clen or ECA. There's playing it safe and then there's worrying yourself to death, all the stress your causing yourself is going to result in alowered thyroid function..hehe
    Well you know they say you must do as much research as possible before hand...thanks for all the info.
    Will keep you updated when i start it brutha.

Thread Information