larry3436 is offline Associate Member

High blood pressure?

I think i might have it.....i get real light headed and dizzy at times during work...usally after climbing 6 flights of stairs ...pretty bad the last couple days.

Plus ive been having a fatigue problem.Tired alot , while getting the proper amount of sleep .

Are these symptoms?Today the dizzyness was real bad at lunch....i thought i was gonna pass out...its a real nervous energy feeling too.

My insurance dosnt kick in unti the middle of next week....so i gotta hold out before i goto the doc.

Anything i can do until then to be safe?

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    larry, I posted myself about d-bol & blood pressure today. scroll down for your reading. In a nut shell go pick up your self a blood pressure monitor at a pharmacy. Or go to wal-mart they have those monitors too but not sure how accurate. If your getting lightheaded/dizzy that MAY be serious. I would check it ASAP. If your BP is above 140/90 thats mild hypertension. If its 179/100 see a doctor asap

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    Also post your cycle, your Kidneys produce a hormone that controls BP. If there is a kidney problem its not filtering right & your blood stream gets infected. good luck

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    cool bro thx...yea i gotta get that checked tomarrow.

my cycle is test E 500mg /Deca 400mg in my 6th week.....was in my signature....hmmmm

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    High BP Explained
    High blood pressure is very common among steroids usage. Check your BP daily and watch your sodium intake or any other BP inducing foods. Try garlic tabs for a quick fix to lowering BP and drink plenty of water.

Also, I would like to add. Rapid weight gain, high water retention, high blood pressure. Welcome to dbol . Shortening of breath comes along with it too.

Dbol has a fast and high estrogen conversion. The gains are water retention and bloat which lead to high blood pressure as well. Another reason why dbol should only be used for short durations to kick start a cycle only.

If you're an adult and your blood pressure is 140/90 or above, you have hypertension and are at risk for heart disease, stroke and other medical problems.

Control Your Risk Factors

Treating high blood pressure almost always includes making lifestyle changes to help to control your risk factors. Controlling risk factors can reduce your risks for heart disease, heart attack and stroke, so it's important to follow your healthcare professional's recommendations carefully. Sometimes, when lifestyle changes aren't enough to control high blood pressure, your doctor will also prescribe medication.

Lose weight if you're overweight
    Many people with high blood pressure are also overweight. Fatty tissue requires a lot of blood to feed it. If your doctor recommends that you lose weight, you can work with other healthcare professionals such as registered dietitians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, etc., to get started on the right diet for you. Losing weight will reduce the strain on your heart, and often weight loss will cause your blood pressure to drop. If you're given a diet, follow it closely, including suggestions about reducing how much alcohol you drink. Alcoholic drinks are low in nutrients and high in calories, so if you're trying to lose weight, avoid them.

Get regular physical activity
    Lack of physical activity not only may contribute to obesity — it's been proven to increase your risk for heart attack and stroke. Regular physical activity is defined by the American Heart Association as moderate to vigorous exercise 30–60 minutes a day on most days of the week. Physical activity should definitely be a part of your life. Don't be afraid to be active. It's always best to consult your doctor before beginning a new activity program.

Avoid excessive alcohol
    Some studies say that drinking more than 3 to 4 ounces of 80-proof alcohol per day will raise blood pressure. A person with high blood pressure can usually drink alcohol in moderation. Limit your alcohol consumption to no more than 1–2 drinks a day. If you're on a weight-reduction diet, remember that alcohol is high in calories.

Stop smoking
    Smoking is another key risk factor for heart attack and stroke.

Manage your stress
    Relaxing for short periods during your workday, at night and on weekends also may help lower your blood pressure. Stress can lead you to increased smoking, alcohol consumption, overeating and other activities that increase your risk for heart attack and stroke. A great stress-buster is getting the amount of regular physical activity recommended by the American Heart Association.

Decrease sodium (salt) intake
    Most Americans eat far more sodium than they need, and less sodium has proven to help lower blood pressure in some people. Your doctor may recommend a low-salt diet if your blood pressure is too high. This means you'll have to avoid salty foods and cut down on how much salt you use in cooking and at the table. Start reading package labels regularly to learn about the sodium content of prepared foods. You'll also discover that herbs and spices give food flavor and avoid the risk of high-sodium intake.

Eat for heart health
    The American Heart Association Nutrition Committee recommends that you avoid a high intake of salt and eat enough fruits, vegetables, fat-free and low-fat dairy products. Such diets are rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and protein, and low in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.

Discuss the use of oral contraceptives with your doctor
    The incidence of high blood pressure isn’t directly related to a person’s sex. However, doctors usually keep a close watch on a woman’s blood pressure during pregnancy or if she’s taking oral contraceptives. Some women who've never had high blood pressure develop it during pregnancy. Similarly, a woman taking oral contraceptives is more likely to develop high blood pressure if she’s overweight, has had high blood pressure during pregnancy, has a family history of high blood pressure or has mild kidney disease.

Discuss the use of some medications with your doctor
    Some other medications also can raise blood pressure and/or interfere with the effectiveness of drugs used against high blood pressure. People with high blood pressure should tell their doctor all of the prescribed and over-the-counter medicines they're taking. These include such drugs as steroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), nasal decongestants and other cold remedies, diet pills, cyclosporine, erythropoetin, tricyclic antidepressants and monoamine oxidase inhibitors.

Foods to limit or avoid
    Frozen or canned foods high in sodium (check labels)
    Salted or preserved meats
    Salted snack foods

Read labels for a healthy heart
    Make reading food labels a habit. They’ll help you choose foods more wisely. Many foods have high levels of saturated fat or hydrogenated fat that can raise your cholesterol. Some may be high in sodium, which can increase blood pressure in some people. Also, watch for these key terms, and know what they mean.

"Free" has the least amount of a nutrient.
    "Very Low" and "Low" have a little more nutrient value.
    "Reduced" or "Less" always means the food has 25 percent less of that nutrient than the reference (or standard) version of the food.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    LuvMyRoids,

Good post.

As I suggested to you, you should reference websites and other materials when you copy and paste for a few reasons:

1. So others can find it and use it.
    2. To give credit where credit is due. It's a good idea (and honest) to reference other people's work.

This isn't a flame. Just a note for others who plan to cut and paste info.

Some of what you wrote came directly from The American Heart Association:
    1. http://216.185.102.50/hbp/do_risk.html

2. http://www.americanheart.org/present...identifier=570

Quote Originally Posted by larry3436
    I think i might have it.....i get real light headed and dizzy at times during work...usally after climbing 6 flights of stairs ...pretty bad the last couple days.

Anything i can do until then to be safe?
    Larry3436, what LuvMyRoids posted is good information. You should also consider getting a home BP monitor. The aren't very expensive--just make sure you buy the right size cuff with the monitor or ask the pharmacist to switch the cuffs for you.

The BP monitor I have is made by OMRON and runs about $100. It stores your lst BP heart rate results to compare with the newest one.

Best of luck with your BP. Talk to your doc about Norvasc or other BP lowering methods. For now, drink more water and decrease the amount of salt you eat.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 06-23-2004 at 07:00 PM.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Not saying you dont have elevated blood pressure, however blood pressure is known as the "silent killer" because it is symptomless. So something else is causing it.

Thread Information