old HBO steroid propoganda

does anybody remember that old HBO after school special about roids with Ben Affleck as the main character? I think it was called "a body to die for". If i remember correctly, he's in high school trying to make the football team, he juices, and becomes an animal on the field. Then he flips out and busts his girl in the mouth and punches holes in his room and shit. He quits and sucks at football again.
    Does anyone else remember this or am I crazy?
    Its ashame that this pretty much sums up the American public's view on AS.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i thought he ran track?? anyway, i remember that. they still play it sometimes. calista flockahrt did one about anorexia and bulimeia.

Tankass is offline Senior Member

I REMEMBER!

I remember that flick. Thats the one where his friend starts him off with orals and then he askes for stronger shit. Then he flips out, starts losong his hair, tears muscles, hits his gf, and busts his room up. I wish I could see that movie again. I saw it years ago. I was like 12 or so im 19 now. Nice flick from the past.

potent is offline Junior Member
    great tv movie. ben affleck is great. it was a very funny movie, but sad at the end when you see the real guy with very little hair. he says that he's had 3 or so heart attacks and liver and kidney problems. it was about a kid who needed to be the best at his position in football.

Mike Guest
    I remember that very well. With his hair falling out and all. He was playing football and beat the hell out of that guy in "roid rage " LOL

Actually if you want to hear something funny - after I watched that it made me want to do steroids even more!! It pumped me up!! LOL

Tankass is offline Senior Member

HAHA

What aspect exactly? Being able to kick someones ass of the fast you want to start balding prematurely? Haha.

-g

karlmone is offline New Member
    I remember that show, I agree w/ Mike it made Juice more appealing to me especially when he beats down the guy who kicked his ass on the football field in the beginning.

TooTuff is offline New Member
    Ome out of the Big MD, but go to school at UVa
    The name of the Movie was Benny and the Roids, Secondly it was the most ridiculous movie I have ever seen in my life they made us watch in health when i was a Sophmore in Highschool. Second of all he was an "all state" D lineman and he was he got his ass kicked by the rival highschools center and that is why he hit the juice, but anyway it was an awful movie.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    mike you fukn hilarious!

gregpowell is offline New Member
    First off, what the hell was HBO thinking casting Ben Affleck in a movie about steroids anyway? I though they should have maybe used Chris Cormier, or Michael J Fox. One of the two.
    One interesting fact is that the movie was originally going to be called, " Shoot up and Kill Someone." But that name was copyrighted by some rappers. Oh well,...

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    he did pop that kid pretty good in front of the burger joint after the game. Was still a puss for a nose tackle tho. Too short and the weight he was moving was nothing. I wish tv for once would cast realistic man child actors to play manchild roles.

Grant is offline Member
    Well at least the Calista Flockhart movie was played by a true bulemic!

poppapump58 is offline Member
    I actually have the movie recorded on a vhs tape. We watched it when I was in the 8th grade in one of my health classes. The class consisted of all football players and the movie made us want to do steroids .

i forgot about when he kicked that guys ass. that was sweet. another movie that made me want to juice bad was that football flick "the program". that "Latimer" dude was a huge mofo.

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    That movie was the shit I agree with most of you cus when I saw it in high school it made me want to get on some serious sauce and go smash some big ole full back in the mouth!

Thread Information