sore24/7 is offline Associate Member

finasteride/propecia only good with test.???

All other AS compounds, besides test. , are either dht derivitives or convert to something other than dht.That would lead one to believe FINASTERIDE/ PROPECIA would only benefit the user of a test. suspension.Can anyone help with this?

PERSIANBOLIC is offline Junior Member
    I use finastreride with no problem, but I have read studies that show it could hinder gains.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PERSIANBOLIC
    I use finastreride with no problem, but I have read studies that show it could hinder gains.
    For the gains I look for, I ll keep the hair and sacrifice a couple pounds (if that even happens) More like you will lose some muscle hardness

I was just wondering if propecia is useless with other AS besides a test. suspension since test. is the only AS that is converted to dht via alpha 5 reductase. Mods, can you give a answer to this?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    why use that stuff? try some nizirol shampoo and Minoxidil 5%

alpha-5 reductase affects nandrolone , boldenone not just testosterone

YEAH but all others change to some thing other than dht. Or is a derivative like nandrolone . boldenone changes to dhb.
    Last edited by sore24/7; 06-23-2004 at 10:18 PM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    why use that stuff? try some nizirol shampoo and Minoxidil 5%
    Because it works under a different mechanism than minoxidil and ketoconazole. The more angles of attack the better.

I'm curious as to whether finasteride helps with hairloss on dianabol . Does methandrostenlone have any affinity for the 5ar enzyme?

its not the dht that makes you go bald bro......it's strong androgens binding at centain sites in the body so DHT, STANZOLOL, TRENBOLONE , METHYL-BOLDENONE all can have the same effect cuz they are strong androgens....hope that helped

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Because it works under a different mechanism than minoxidil and ketoconazole. The more angles of attack the better.

I'm curious as to whether finasteride helps with hairloss on dianabol. Does methandrostenlone have any affinity for the 5ar enzyme?
    Not always dht is needed in the male body if it is blocked an estrogen dominant hormone environment.......gyno, dead dick, ha ha no thanks.

its not the dht that makes you go bald bro......it's strong androgens binding at centain sites in the body so DHT, STANZOLOL, TRENBOLONE, METHYL-BOLDENONE all can have the same effect cuz they are strong androgens....hope that helped
    I get what your saying but dht is what stops the follicle from growing hair. I guess your not down with propecia. but if you do not have to take propecia for MPB than more power to you. Barbados is my home way from home by the way.

sh!t bro sorry!! i did'nt read your first post properly you have a good point about the test suspen. cuz it clears the body quickly......mabye that will work but remember the test will convert to dht in higher amts due to the rapid rise in test blood concentrations hmmm now that i said that the finasteride should work! your right!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Some people slightly disagreed with this, but i advise you to start using finasteride a few months before your cycle, and to continue using it for a while after, dont just take it during a cycle. The reasons are:
    1-Finasteride take a while to work effectivly in blocking the conversion to DHT, it wont work instantly when you take the first dosage! A member said that it actually takes 14days to reach maximum DHT blocking levels, but everyone is different, so start earlier so that you hair gets a chance to grow strong and healthy without effects of DHT, then when you start taking the test your hairs are already stronger and healthier so they could resist mosre the sudden increase of DHT levels. Just my advice.

2-The test will remain int he system after the cycle thats why you will be doing a good PCT i hope, but you must continue using Finasteride avaen after PCT because hormones could still be trying to convert to DHT or there coudl be high levels of DHT in the scalp.

3-Use another external product like Nizoral 2% shampoo which is very affordable and externally removes DHT which managed to pass by the Finasteride.

4-Finasteride in all studies has shown that it takes time to see 'measurable' and 'real' results when it comes to increase in hair count and complete suppression of hairloss, so be commited and use it for a good year, buy generic or research lab finasteride which is very affordable also, you hair will thank you and i feel using it for a long itme like that with other hairloss products can further suppress or shut down the effects of test on hair!!

Just my opinion because finasteride is not a miracle drug that can completley stop hairloss if you use it during a 8week cycle....pay the extra few bucks but keep your hair, and liek someone mentioned above the extra 2 or 3 pounds you might not gain while using finasteride arent that drastic of a loss.

No doubt. I have been taking finasteride for two years but it is ignored by all other AS besides TEST. it seems. Propecia has indeed slowwed thing down a bit with TEST. but like i said. soon as finasteride is used in conjunction with other AS it seems its benefits are greatly reduced. thanks for your input.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Dutasteride claims to be more effective than finasteride in preventing hairloss by inhibiting both types of DHT, it has been argued that it is only as effective as propecia, the argument goes both ways but the product itself is pretty expensive as prescription drug Avodart or even as research lab liquid it will still run you a goog 70+dollars a month...too expensive in my opinion, for that price you can get generic propecia, Nizoral 2%, and an extra choice of hairloss prevention product on the side.

Good info. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sore24/7
    No doubt. I have been taking finasteride for two years but it is ignored by all other AS besides TEST. it seems. Propecia has indeed slowwed thing down a bit with TEST. but like i said. soon as finasteride is used in conjunction with other AS it seems its benefits are greatly reduced. thanks for your input.
    Finasteride blocks the 5-ar enzyme which converts testosterone into DHT.
    Many anabolic compounds are already "5-ar reduced", meaning that finasteride cannot block this action. Furthermore these compounds: masteron , winny, etc are highly androgenic and especially hard on the hairline.

Anabolics that are relatively mild on the hairline are:
    Test with a 5-ar blocker
    Anavar
    Nandrolone (Deca ) without a 5-ar blocker

Not always dht is needed in the male body if it is blocked an estrogen dominant hormone environment.......gyno, dead dick, ha ha no thanks.
    Which is why knowledgeable people take 10-20mg of Nolva and .25-.50mg of Liquidex daily during a cycle.

Which is why knowledgeable people take 10-20mg of Nolva and .25-.50mg of Liquidex daily during a cycle.
    you callin me
    unknowledgeable? that's a good point tho......

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    propecia/proscar, works well with DBOL as well since DBOL raises test levels.

you callin me
    unknowledgeable? that's a good point tho......
    No, not at all. Just passing on some advice.

No, not at all. Just passing on some advice.
    i meant nothing by my remark....just kiddin'

Finasteride blocks the 5-ar enzyme which converts testosterone into DHT.
    Many anabolic compounds are already "5-ar reduced", meaning that finasteride cannot block this action. Furthermore these compounds: masteron , winny, etc are highly androgenic and especially hard on the hairline.

Anabolics that are relatively mild on the hairline are:
    Test with a 5-ar blocker
    Anavar
    Nandrolone (Deca) without a 5-ar blocker
    That is the answer I was looking for, thanks a million.

Thread Information