Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TomsTwinTowers is offline Associate Member

$$$$$$$$$

Everyone always says Var is so expensive. What do you consider expensive ?
    How much would a bottle of QV var run. Ive got my own source and would like to compare his price with what you think expensive is.

Thanks

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TomsTwinTowers
    Everyone always says Var is so expensive. What do you consider expensive ?
    How much would a bottle of QV var run. Ive got my own source and would like to compare his price with what you think expensive is.

Thanks
    For QV Var..roughly 120.00 for 100 5mg tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    For QV Var..roughly 120.00 for 100 5mg tabs.
    My guy has them for $50 for 100 5mgs tabs.
    Maybe i should get some.

Thanks Bull

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TomsTwinTowers
    My guy has them for $50 for 100 5mgs tabs.
    Maybe i should get some.

Thanks Bull
    It still will be pricey to run an 8 week cycle of the stuff tho.You don't get any bigger,but your wallet does get lighter.

8 week cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    It still will be pricey to run an 8 week cycle of the stuff tho.You don't get any bigger,but your wallet does get lighter.
    How many bottles would i need for a 8 week cycle?

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    $50 = 500mg
    40mg/day = 280mg/week

so...8 weeks = 2240mg which is gonna cost you $250 (5 bottles)

Matto20 is offline Member
    Here are some different articles I found that relate to anavar and the immune system. I can surely look for more if you want...

A slightly edited version of this article ran in the July 11, 1996 edition of the San Francisco Bay Area Reporter.

Old drug gets new use ... and a big new price-tag
    by Stephen LeBlanc and Rob Sabados,
    ACT UP/Golden Gate Writers Pool
    More and more People with AIDS are beginning to realize what some activists and more aggressive HIV-doctors have been saying for years: AIDS-associated wasting is not an irreversible consequence of AIDS, but is an AIDS-associated condition that can be effectively treated.
    People who are wasting can, with appropriate treatment, regain and maintain their normal weight and have a good quality of life, possibly indefinitely. Yet, in HIV-affected communities where aggressive prophylaxis for OIs like PCP, MAC, or fungus are common, wasting is a leading cause of death to people with AIDS and its becoming clear that many of these deaths are preventable.
    One effective treatment for HIV-related wasting, oxandrolone, has been available by prescription for over 30 years. It potentially could have prevent countless deaths from HIV-associated wasting. However, it is rarely used for people with AIDS and has not yet been thoroughly studies in that population. Oxandrolone has been found to be reasonably safe and effective for children and for people with alcohol related liver-disease. The drug is taken orally and has few significant side effects at dosages effective against severe chronic wasting. It is extremely cheap to manufacture, however its manufacturer has chosen to artificially and exploitively inflate the price of oxandrolone.
    Oxandrolone has been extensively studied in children with growth disorders and adult men with alcoholic hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that is often accompanied by wasting. It has been shown very safe and effective for treating alcoholic hepatitis related wasting and it is believed that the metabolic problems associated with this condition are similar to those found in HIV-wasting.
    Doctors' reluctance to prescribe oxandrolone, and PWA's unawareness of it, arise from a number of reasons that have nothing to do with good quality health care. One important reason is that oxandrolone is in a class of drugs known as anabolic steroids . These drugs are sometimes used by athletes to enhance strength or performance and over the past several decades have been unfairly demonized. In fact, oxandrolone at therapeutic dosages is a proven safe and effective drug for treating wasting and is not commonly associated with the dangerous side effects of other steroids, though those warnings are required to appear on the label.
    Typical of many doctors was the attitude Dr. Duane Goldberg, reported in the spring 1996 issue of UC-Fresno's Inline Magazine. Dr. Goldberg prescribed oxandrolone under the brand name Anavar for a patient who had been diagnosed with AIDS for two years and had wasted from an athletic 6foot-2inch 210 pounds to 150 pounds. "To tell you the truth," Goldberg said, "I really didn't want to prescribe the Anavar as I wasn't sure what would happen. The literature I had read was brand new, only tried on a few patients back East. But I had to do something."
    Goldberg's patient was a man similar to many PWA's who enter a wasting state and often give up hope and die without ever receiving effective anti-wasting treatment. "I was dying, fast. I didn't want to eat, and I was extremely weak," he reports. "Now, I'm back up to 190 pounds, and my immune system is healthy. I have no doubt that this is because of Anavar."
    Unlike other anabolic steroids , such as testosterone , oxandrolone is minimally metabolized by the liver, thereby avoiding most drug interactions and the liver toxicity often seen with other steroids. Even people whose livers where badly damaged by alcohol, and therefore were unable to take many drugs, did well on oxandrolone.

Oxandrolone has been approved by the FDA since the early 1960's at a dosage of 5-10 mg per day for conditions which included weight loss "due to extensive surgery, chronic infection, severe trauma, failure to gain or maintain weight without definite pathophysiologic reasons [and] protein catabolism due to prolonged corticosteroid administration." Since HIV wasting is the result of a chronic infection and is often without definite cause, oxandrolone is clearly indicated and FDA approved for HIV-related wasting at the dose of 5-10 mg per day.

However, based upon studies in alcoholic hepatitis patients and more limited studies in people with AIDS, many researchers and activists believe that the effective dose of oxandrolone may be much higher than the FDA indicated dose, forty to eighty milligrams per day. Although the approved dose is only 10 mg per day, many physicians have prescribed higher, "off-label" doses of oxandrolone.

At the present time, insurance companies are in general covering the cost of oxandrolone, but some have reportedly balked at paying for the full effective dose because it is not "FDA approved." This, however, is something of a misuse of an FDA approval. While many insurance policies have exclusion clauses for ìexperimentalî treatments, using a drug that has been approved and shown effective for its intended purpose cannot fairly be characterized as experimental.
    Like all anabolic steroids, oxandrolone is a Schedule III controlled substance, which discourages some physicians from prescribing it, especially at dosages higher than the norm. As a result, a patient may need to persuade their doctor to prescribe it.
    Some research in children suggests that oxandrolone increases the efficacy of human growth hormone , which is also being studied as a treatment for wasting. By combining oxandrolone with growth hormone, it may be possible to reduce the amount of growth hormone needed. Since growth hormone currently costs about $50,000 per year, a price that may double if growth hormone is approved, a growth hormone/oxandrolone combination may provide the same benefits at combating wasting with significant cost savings.
    The current cost of oxandrolone is another factor the deserves the attention of people with AIDS. The drug has been on the market long enough for all patents on it to expire and therefore it should be available as a generic. Until recently, the drug was sold and manufactured by Searle Laboratories under the trade name Anavar and by SPA Labs in Europe under the names Lipidex, Antitriol, or Lonavar. The drug was favored by bodybuilders for its low toxicity and few side effects.

The drug was discontinued by Searle Laboratories in 1989, apparently in part because of bad publicity due to its illegal use by bodybuilders, and was picked up by New Jersey-based Bio-Technology General Corp. In a press release dated Dec. 5, 1995, Bio-Technology General Corp. announced ìits first major U.S. drug launch: Oxandrin(R) oxandrolone. The press release did not mention oxadralone's thirty year history as a treatment for wasting.

It did state, however, that the recommended adult dose of Oxandrin(R) is 2.5 mg to 20mg per day. At an average wholesale price of $3.75 per 2.5 mg tablet, Oxandrin(R) is a cost effective therapy for involuntary weight loss. As with all anabolic agents, Oxandrin(R) is classified as a Schedule III controlled substance and has been assigned a classic black box warning relating to liver and coronary artery disease.
    BTG's press release also explained that ìAIDS wasting indications have been granted Orphan Drug designation by the FDA. This designation is granted to drugs for rare diseases or conditions with a prevalence of less than 200,000 cases in the United States and provides the manufacturer with seven years of market exclusivity post approval." At first look, this seems a grotesque misuse of the Orphan Drug designation to make a formerly inexpensively available generic drug, MORE THAN TEN TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE.

People with AIDS need to carefully examine this use of the Orphan Drug Act to give a company exclusive marketing rights (and therefore a monopoly) for a drug that has been available to treat wasting for more than 30 years.

At the present time, BTG planning further studies of oxandrolone to determine what doses most effectively treats HIV-wasting disorder. ACT UP/Golden Gate has sucessfully urged BTG to include women, hemophiliacs, and people on protease inhibitors in these studies. We continue to demand that BioTechnology General include detailed immunological monitoring of study participants.

The BTG press release also helpfully listed company contacts, should people with AIDS wish to express their opinion of BTG's price and marketing strategy directly.

Call Bio-Technology General Corp.'s Director of Sales Operations Peggy Ference at (505)822-8820 or her voice-mail at (800)284-2480 extension 508, Leah Berkovits at (908)632-8800 or their investor relations representative Don Weinberger at (516)829-7111.

Wasting Syndrome:
    Oral Oxandrolone Re-Released in U.S.
    by John S. James

Oxandrolone (brand name Oxandrin(R); an earlier name, 'Anavar', is obsolete) is an oral anabolic steroid which is not primarily metabolized in the liver. It became available in the U.S. in December 1995. Anabolic agents work by promoting protein synthesis, and are one approach to the treatment of wasting syndrome, which involves an abnormal loss of protein and lean body mass.

Oxandrolone was approved by the FDA more than 30 years ago, specifically for regaining weight lost due to infectious disease, among other uses. This approval -- "as adjunctive therapy to promote weight gain after weight loss following extensive surgery, chronic infections, or severe trauma, and in some patients who without definite pathophysiologic reasons fail to gain or to maintain normal weight" -- is still in force. But despite FDA approval, oxandrolone has long been unavailable in the U.S.; companies chose to drop it instead of meeting the increasing regulatory requirements for anabolic steroids, for a drug which was off-patent and therefore had a low profit margin.

Now a small pharmaceutical company, Bio-Technology General Corp. (BTG), has reintroduced oxandrolone for weight gain, and is researching it for four indications for which the drug has orphan-drug status:

AIDS wasting,
    alcoholic hepatitis,
    Turner's syndrome in girls, and
    constitutional delay of growth and puberty in boys.
    A recent double-blind study in 67 patients with AIDS wasting found weight gain with 15 mg/day of oxandrolone for 16 weeks, stable weight with 5 mg, and weight loss with placebo (to be published).

Oxandrolone is relatively expensive, with price to wholesalers being $3.75 to $30 per day, depending on dose. This is a fraction of the cost of human growth hormone ($140/day or more to the patient), which is also used to treat this kind of AIDS-related weight loss due to unknown metabolic changes. The FDA approval for weight loss may help with insurance reimbursement. Much less expensive anabolic steroids are also available; some of them may be comparable to oxandrolone, except that they must be injected.

(An early study, which measured anabolic activity by changes in nitrogen excretion in human subjects on a constant diet, found that oxandrolone had about six times the anabolic activity of the same amount of testosterone.(1))

The usual adult dose recommended in the package insert is one 2.5 mg tablet two to four times daily; but the instructions also note that doses as low as 2.5 mg per day or as high as 20 mg per day can be used. (Each 2.5 mg tablet costs $3.75 to the wholesalers.) As with other anabolic steroids, the package insert includes many cautions and warnings of possible adverse effects -- too many to summarize here. But a major controlled study used four times the current approved oxandrolone dose in treating severe alcoholic hepatitis, and reported "no complications attributable to its use."(2)

Oxandrolone is distributed in the U.S. by Quantum Express; it is a Schedule III controlled substance. Quantum Express can handle assignment of benefits (meaning that it will deal directly with insurance companies); and there is a compassionate-access program for those with no insurance or other way to pay.

For more information, health-care professionals should call 800/741-2698.

References

1. Fox M, Minot AS, and Liddle GW. Oxandrolone: A Potent Anabolic Steroid of Novel Chemical Composition. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISM. 1962; volume 22, pages 921-924.

2. Mendenhall GL, Moritz TE, Roselle GA and others. A study of oral nutritional support with oxandrolone in malnourished patients with alcoholic hepatitis: Results of a Department of Veterans Affairs cooperative study. HEPATOLOGY 1993; volume 17, number 4, pages 564-576.
    Last edited by Matto20; 06-27-2004 at 11:24 AM.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good post matto20

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder if there would be a benni to super loading creatine with slin while doing var? Super loading I mean like 15 grams on a slin pwo

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I wonder if there would be a benni to super loading creatine with slin while doing var? Super loading I mean like 15 grams on a slin pwo
    good Q cause var def makes you uptake more creatine

DB, Einie, Mud ?

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I guess that is a question worth pondering, but I doubt it would be something that many people could or would want to try. IMO, unless you are striving for the Mr. Olympia or something, insulin isn't something worth ****ing around with. There are many other routes I would take with anavar before I'd try insulin - depending on one's goals...

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    ok I will bump this to the top thanks matto

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    cant wait to take var! im going to save up for some

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Tis a great investment!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    whoa - you went 325 to 525 ?

how long were you on Var? What was your dosage ? What other drugs ?

questions questions questions
    500mg test cyp
    40mg var

50mg winnie
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    buy powder and make yer own - WAY cheaper. and buy at least 4 grams to make it worth the trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information