Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    733

    Question Can benzos like Valium & Xanax calm you down from tren iritability?

    i'm getting really annoyed with everything. I've become very nervous and irritable, and to top it off I have a lot of stress from work. I've always had a problem with my nerves; and like an idiot I chose to do tren this time. It's the first time I ever felt the so called "roid rage " since I've been on a tren cycle.

    The question is can anti-anxiety drugs like Valium or Xanax be of any help while i'm on the juice?

  2. #2
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    I've used xanax,but it will slow your metabolism down to a snails crawl.

  3. #3
    bor's Avatar
    bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    4,203
    I would like to know that too, I'm si pissed for the last 2 days I guess the fina has finally fully kicked in!If xanax slows your metabolism down, screw it, since I'm going through the whole thing to burn fat!Anything else?I light up some weed but thats only a temporary solution, when it wears off its back to iritation city!

  4. #4
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I've used xanax,but it will slow your metabolism down to a snails crawl.
    xanax is a nice fix for anxiety,sleeplessness on AS if you can dose it correctly but da bull is right I find it real hard to lose weight when on xanax....If I eat them during the day Iam they make me crazy hungry I eat junk...They seem to make you hold water and your metabolism seems to slow to nothing...
    Every time I quit taking the xanax in two days Ive sweated out 10 pounds of water it seems..They bloat my face pretty bad too...If you are going to go benzo go valium they have a longer half-life and don't give you the up's and downs of xanax, but the long half-life makes my morning workout **** sometimes too......
    Good Luck and remember benzo's are as addicting as **** so if you take them
    look at them as a tool to help you get proper rest on cycle,so when you come
    off your not stuck with a xanax habit......

  5. #5
    Matto20's Avatar
    Matto20 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    576
    I can't even believe this thread. You can give yourself a total mind**** playing with your own hormones, and some of you do it needlessly. But who cares; of course take your fina, one of the harshest and one of the most notorious steroids out there - and why not throw in some Benzo's too so when we come off of our cycle (and benzo's) we can crash and burn like a crazy, juiced-to-the-gills anxiety ridden maniac of a man.

    Valium and Xanax can do evil things to people. I hope everything works out for you if you choose to go that route, but I hope that you don't. It would be a much better idea to get off the fina and get your head straight rather than popping dangerously addictive drugs that can send you to hell once you stop taking them. Good luck, be safe.

  6. #6
    georgie24's Avatar
    georgie24 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    outer space
    Posts
    579
    do not play with benzos, you will not want to come off them...esp ativan *shutter's*

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    I can't even believe this thread. You can give yourself a total mind**** playing with your own hormones, and some of you do it needlessly. But who cares; of course take your fina, one of the harshest and one of the most notorious steroids out there - and why not throw in some Benzo's too so when we come off of our cycle (and benzo's) we can crash and burn like a crazy, juiced-to-the-gills anxiety ridden maniac of a man.

    Valium and Xanax can do evil things to people. I hope everything works out for you if you choose to go that route, but I hope that you don't. It would be a much better idea to get off the fina and get your head straight rather than popping dangerously addictive drugs that can send you to hell once you stop taking them. Good luck, be safe.
    I beleive this is over reacting/exagerating. Be open minded..... It helps.

  8. #8
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    I can't even believe this thread. You can give yourself a total mind**** playing with your own hormones, and some of you do it needlessly. But who cares; of course take your fina, one of the harshest and one of the most notorious steroids out there - and why not throw in some Benzo's too so when we come off of our cycle (and benzo's) we can crash and burn like a crazy, juiced-to-the-gills anxiety ridden maniac of a man.

    Valium and Xanax can do evil things to people. I hope everything works out for you if you choose to go that route, but I hope that you don't. It would be a much better idea to get off the fina and get your head straight rather than popping dangerously addictive drugs that can send you to hell once you stop taking them. Good luck, be safe.
    I love the way Androgens makes me feel. I love that they make me aggresive!!! he11 yeah!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Matto20's Avatar
    Matto20 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I love the way Androgens makes me feel. I love that they make me aggresive!!! he11 yeah!!!!!!!!!

    That may be true for you and many others, but for some with anxiety or even mild depressant disorders, heavy dosages of androgens can put you on a psychological roller coaster ride - EQ and Fina especially (along with anadrol , halo, methyltest, etc).

    Couple all of that with the process of HPTA recovery and throw in benzos into the mix. Doesn't exactly sound like a good idea to me.

  10. #10
    Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    81
    The withdraw off of benzo's can and in most cases (depending on how long you've been taking them), be just as bad as heroin. I'm serious as a heart attack! Some people have to go to rehab, just to get off of them!

  11. #11
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    I got Bi-polar disorder, someone with my condition ussually likes a mania feeling!! Your right though. i have to adjust my medication frequently during my cycle to keep from going into depression or having too much anxiety. I will have to take benzos for the rest of my life.

  12. #12
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    That may be true for you and many others, but for some with anxiety or even mild depressant disorders, heavy dosages of androgens can put you on a psychological roller coaster ride - EQ and Fina especially (along with anadrol , halo, methyltest, etc).

    Couple all of that with the process of HPTA recovery and throw in benzos into the mix. Doesn't exactly sound like a good idea to me.
    You are one smart individual!

    ~SC~

  13. #13
    alabama is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    dirty souf
    Posts
    179
    [QUOTE=Bdy_Dysm]The withdraw off of benzo's can and in most cases (depending on how long you've been taking them), be just as bad as heroin. I'm serious as a heart attack! Some people have to go to rehab, just to get off of them![/QUOTEi lost a lot cuz of xanies and a very close friend has had a few seazures from trying to get off and the withdraws from those are worse than an opiate dirved drug

  14. #14
    Duma's Avatar
    Duma is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    307
    i wouldnt recommend benzo use during a cycle unless your emotions were affecting your relationships and/or career. If you must, Id recommend ativan actually. Its the least addictive of the benzo's and doesnt hit u hard like xanax and then bring u down fast. Also its metabolized in the spleen so further strain on you liver is not a concern. If you have any other questions regarding psychotropic drugs feel free to ask me...im a clinical psychologist and am very educated and experienced with the drugs and peoples moods when theyre taking them or not taking them.
    regards, Duma

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    845
    The IQ of some people here doesn't do any good to the quality of this board

    Remember your body has processes and their antagonists (opposites) just to make sure nothing goes wrong --> Negative and Positive feedback systems, continous measuring etc.

    Exactly why synapses can only send pulses in one direction (the antagonist is then blocked) --> Meaning you can't stretch your biceps without relaxing your triceps and Vice versa.

    Just like people taking a DHT-derivative (e.g. Winstrol ) and then out of fear of Male Pattern Baldness taking a DHT-blocker like Finasteride (Proscar)
    = Nettoresult/nettogains: ZERO, BUT with the SIDES of BOTH compounds!!

    Not a very smart thing to do!
    But even worse is when taking stuff that effects Brain and Central Nervous System (dopamine, Adrenaline etc.) commonly known among us doctors as the most dangerous drugs available.

    You have to keep in mind that you have to make sacrifices to reach a certain goal --> If we had a compound which shredded fat and build muscle with ZERO sides, did you think that there would be boards like this anymore (NO!, because everybody would know exactly what to take and what to expect).

    I never experience any moodswings while on Tren , you do!, meaning you are genetically prone to it.
    Avoid all strong androgens (Tren, Dianabol and Halo for example) and take more "dedicated" compounds if you want to lose fat --> T3, DNP , Clen etc.
    And take a good look at cardio and diet and make improvements where necessary.
    Before all this medicine Mixing makes you another Statistic!

    Greets
    Kingofmasters

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by georgie24
    do not play with benzos, you will not want to come off them...esp ativan *shutter's*
    I beleive this is true for some people. (weak minded).
    Some people become alcoholics after a couple of beers. It depends on the person IMO. I was on 10mg of Xanax for 6 months to help with anxiety. I then decided to stop by tapering down, and it worked.

    Some people unfortunately have addictive personalities. (The kind of people who abuse drugs like cocaine and amphetamines for example)

    I don't beleive it's a problem if you don't belong in this unfortunate category of weak minded, soft people with no willpower.

  17. #17
    kronik is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,993
    Da*n I thought I was going to be the "THREAD PARROT" tonight...

  18. #18
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    anyone tried ZOLOFT! while on cycle? my brother has very bad anxiety and it works wonders for him. it has very little side effects.

  19. #19
    Matto20's Avatar
    Matto20 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    I beleive this is true for some people. (weak minded).
    Some people become alcoholics after a couple of beers. It depends on the person IMO. I was on 10mg of Xanax for 6 months to help with anxiety. I then decided to stop by tapering down, and it worked.

    Some people unfortunately have addictive personalities. (The kind of people who abuse drugs like cocaine and amphetamines for example)

    I don't beleive it's a problem if you don't belong in this unfortunate category of weak minded, soft people with no willpower.

    "Weak-minded" huh?

    After reading all this I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about. There is a lot of actual SCIENCE out there that proves mental illness is more than being just "weak minded."

    Ignorance is bliss.

  20. #20
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    I agree with Toenail Juice Z to an extent. We live in a medicated society which is sad (gear asside). Buddy of mine takes paxil for anxiety attacks. He lives in an all white sheltered Long Island suburb with well off parents that give him everything. What the hell would a person like this need anxiety medicine for? His starbucks coffee got burned or something?? PLEASE!!!! There are people with legit problems like no food to eat, they are the ones that are gonna get anxiety attacks!

  21. #21
    Matto20's Avatar
    Matto20 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    I agree with Toenail Juice Z to an extent. We live in a medicated society which is sad (gear asside). Buddy of mine takes paxil for anxiety attacks. He lives in an all white sheltered Long Island suburb with well off parents that give him everything. What the hell would a person like this need anxiety medicine for? His starbucks coffee got burned or something?? PLEASE!!!! There are people with legit problems like no food to eat, they are the ones that are gonna get anxiety attacks!


    I think that if you were to experience anxiety attacks you would change your mind. I agree with you to a certain extent about us living in a "medicated society," however. In my opinion, the worst example of such a problem occurs in dealing with ADD, and with the vast treatment utilizing amphetamines for young children. And "diet" pills of course... those are just getting ridiculous. So I do agree with you somewhat. But mental illness is a very REAL thing for many people - myself included - and I don't think it has anything to do with being "weak-minded." The brain is an extremely complicated thing, and imbalances in hormones and neurotransmitters can play havoc on one's mental stability - making life in general a very difficult thing to deal with. Just for thought - can I guy with ultra-low testosterone levels gain muscle and bulk up? Probably not, at least not nearly as good a person with normal levels. So how does a person with, let's say ultra-low seretonin (or some other crucial neurotransmitter) levels remain stable and happy like a normal person?

    Just thought I'd stir the pot with some different ideas...

  22. #22
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    I beleive this is true for some people. (weak minded).
    Some people become alcoholics after a couple of beers. It depends on the person IMO. I was on 10mg of Xanax for 6 months to help with anxiety. I then decided to stop by tapering down, and it worked.

    Some people unfortunately have addictive personalities. (The kind of people who abuse drugs like cocaine and amphetamines for example)

    I don't beleive it's a problem if you don't belong in this unfortunate category of weak minded, soft people with no willpower.
    you were on 10mg a day for sixth months?
    10mg is a huge dose I take .25mg and pass out
    Iam just wondering if mabye you took valium or something else 10mg would
    knock out a elephant....BTW just wondering not being a dick

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    njva
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    I can't even believe this thread. You can give yourself a total mind**** playing with your own hormones, and some of you do it needlessly. But who cares; of course take your fina, one of the harshest and one of the most notorious steroids out there - and why not throw in some Benzo's too so when we come off of our cycle (and benzo's) we can crash and burn like a crazy, juiced-to-the-gills anxiety ridden maniac of a man.

    Valium and Xanax can do evil things to people. I hope everything works out for you if you choose to go that route, but I hope that you don't. It would be a much better idea to get off the fina and get your head straight rather than popping dangerously addictive drugs that can send you to hell once you stop taking them. Good luck, be safe.
    Now wheres the proof its one of the harshest? This is another myth like lung scaring and causes systs, and xtremley hard on the liver. None of this has been proven!

  24. #24
    little-one's Avatar
    little-one is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Az
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by K$I$N$G$P$I$N
    you were on 10mg a day for sixth months?
    10mg is a huge dose I take .25mg and pass out
    Iam just wondering if mabye you took valium or something else 10mg would
    knock out a elephant....BTW just wondering not being a dick
    Your right I have the .25mgs too and if I let it dissolve under my tongue, Im out. I think the strongest dose of xanax is a 2mg pill. I think 10mgs would slow your heart to about 5 beats a minute

  25. #25
    Matto20's Avatar
    Matto20 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by groundandpoundpwr21
    Now wheres the proof its one of the harshest? This is another myth like lung scaring and causes systs, and xtremley hard on the liver. None of this has been proven!

    Well okay, perhaps maybe methyltest or m1t or halo or cheque drops would be pretty harsh too. But people don't use those too often around here. So I'd label fina pretty **** harsh.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    "Weak-minded" huh?

    After reading all this I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about. There is a lot of actual SCIENCE out there that proves mental illness is more than being just "weak minded."

    Ignorance is bliss.
    You misunderstood my post (please re-read). I never said people with mental illnesses are weak minded. I have a mental illness but I don't consider myself weak minded, nor do I consider anyone with mental illness weak minded. (A lot of geniuses in this world suffered from schizophrenia.) It's a chemical imbalance!.

    I said that some people have addictive personalities and some don't. For example, drug abusers.

    Some people who take benzos for example, get so addicted, that they can't stop, while others don't have the same problem. I even used myself as an example!

    Basically what i'm saying is some people have addictive personalities and some don't. It doesn't mean that whoever takes antianxiety drugs will not be able to come off them apart from those people who I was referring to in my previous post.

    SOME PEOPLE HAVE ADDICTIVE PERSONALITIES & SOME DON'T!!!. IF YOU HAVE MATTO, IT'S NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. Your not alone, but please don't curse benzos, because they are beneficial for a lot of people. If you had a bad experience with them, then your in the "unlucky group", but there's no need to spread horror stories. (It's like when we hear all these negative stories from the media about steroids which we know are untrue. Your doing the same thing with benzos)

    Ignorance surely is bliss!
    Last edited by Toenail Juice Z; 07-01-2004 at 01:01 AM.

  27. #27
    animal-inside's Avatar
    animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    1,018
    Just learn to control it... if its so bad that your thinking you need a RX to make it controlable then you prob shoudln't be on it..

    learn to control your emotions..

  28. #28
    flabbywussy's Avatar
    flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,381
    i think by saying alot of docs and scientists say it's "a chemical imbalance" or it is "hereditary" is off to some extent. keep in mind we are all human and still learning as we go. not to mention some people (doctors,scientists) are just out to make $$. the government like to label everything so they can find some way to make money off it.also i think alot of this country is based on fear ,therefore they try to lower you by saying you have a disorder,so they can manipulate and control you more. JMO now to get back to the topic uppers and downers don't mix. if your heart rate is up,or your bloodpressure, i don't think it's a good idea to take downers and mess with you heart rythm.
    Last edited by flabbywussy; 07-01-2004 at 03:12 AM.

  29. #29
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    i think by saying alot of docs and scientists say it's "a chemical imbalance" or it is "hereditary" is off to some extent. keep in mind we are all human and still learning as we go. not to mention some people (doctors,scientists) are just out to make $$. the government like to label everything so they can find some way to make money off it.also i think alot of this country is based on fear ,therefore they try to lower you by saying you have a disorder,so they can manipulate and control you more. JMO now to get back to the topic uppers and downers don't mix. if your heart rate is up,or your bloodpressure, i don't think it's a good idea to take downers and mess with you heart rythm.
    mabye coke and ludes but were talking about steriods and benzo's I don't think the up and down is hurtfull...If anything with benzo's your risk are getting hooked are liver toxicity issues.I do agree that doctors make up problems with people these days to make money,but benzo's are like anything else in life they can be controlled or they can overdone, depends on the individuals
    control and strong mind as toenail was saying..Some people cannot go to sleep on tren or other AS either(like me)so they take benzo's to sleep, have to sleep to gain.BTW I agree that tren is one of the harshest juices used mainstream today...That **** takes a hard toll on my body and my mind when Iam on..But there is something to be said about
    sides versus results with tren, In that context tren is a great juice to get the
    kind of strength gains,lean body mass gains and fat burning you have to expect to get punished a little...That is why tren is one of the most popular
    AS one the market today.......just look at the majority of cycles on this site..

  30. #30
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,207
    BTW Like ive said before I use benzo's as a tool...Juice causes me severe anxiety that
    I normally don't have so I take benzo's to calm down..When I come off juice the tool
    is no longer needed because Iam at my natural calm state...I dont miss them one bit when off cycle...One more thing that should be said of benzo's if you are going to take them during your cycle make sure to taper down before pct...Benzo's inhibit the release
    of cortisol so when you quit taking them your cortisol levels are higher than average..
    If you don't taper correctly cortisol will eat up alot of your hard earned gains..
    Just some food for thought...

  31. #31
    Anhydro78's Avatar
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,439
    I have been prescibed just about every type of Pycho drug. I take xanax right now and I have had my doctor give me ambien for a couple weeks instead of xanax and I never had convulsions or tremors or any other detox problem. Ive ran out several times and its ussually not a problem. Ive done the same with valium,adavan,libreum.

    Right now i take this every night

    1,000mgs of Valpoatic acid ( which I dont take when Im taking oral steroids )
    200mgs Trazadone
    3mgs of Xanax
    100mgs of Amatriptyline

    My doctor always trys to get me to take Antipsychotic tranquilizers. But I will not take them. He tryed to get me on 20mgs of zyprexa. he must think alot of me because thats pretty much trying to disable someone. Zyprexa works by binding to androgen receptors,so its blocks Androgens!! Screw that!!! And keeps a person from being aggresive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •