UrbanDawg is offline Banned

so called "recuperation drugs"

Ive been hearing this little phrase a lot lately and every time I ask for clarification nobody has a good answer. so here are the Qs

1) Are all AAS "recuperation" drugs ? i.e do you recup faster than natural on all AAS

2) assuming 2 is false or not all the same - Which AAS help you recuperate from a workout ?

I have always asumed that TEST is the most powerful recup drug but if someone knows the definitive - please tell which drugs help you recup and anything about the mechanism by which they work.

Latimus is offline Banned
    good question...i would say true for number 1

and for number 2...depends on the person and how there body reacts to different ones...i have always though of deca to be a good recuperator...

anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    good question...i would say true for number 1

and for number 2...depends on the person and how there body reacts to different ones...i have always though of deca to be a good recuperator...

anyone else?
    yeah..I know I feel "good" on deca .. just wondering if different drugs help the CNS recover from shock of brutal workouts to varying degrees.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Iwas thinking along the lines of muscle relaxers, gaba, etc i belive they would be morerecuperative then AAS.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I use 5-HTP about an hour before bed, gets me to sleep fast and I have lucid dreams with it.

Isn't GHB sometimes used? I've never been able to find any

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Iwas thinking along the lines of muscle relaxers, gaba, etc i belive they would be morerecuperative then AAS.
    ive heard of people using fleeril and such..

I remember hearing a long time ago about how certain AAS help the CNS recover from the shock of a brutal workout and get the CNS back to the point where the other systems can start repairing muscle.

As I recall, if you do a killer workout - you are shocking your CNS to the point that it takes a longer time to come out of that shock state to start repairing muscle.

Exactly what this "shock" means as far as hormone levels or whatver I never really got a good exaplantion.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDawg
    yeah..I know I feel "good" on deca .. just wondering if different drugs help the CNS recover from shock of brutal workouts to varying degrees.
    Yes - androgen recpetors are all over the body - they effect muscle, bone, brain... all kinds of body processes. And the increased protein synthesis and cross over binding to gluco-corticoid receptors (blocking cortisol) are both effects resulting in increased "recuperation"... does this answer your question?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yes - androgen recpetors are all over the body - they effect muscle, bone, brain... all kinds of body processes. And the increased protein synthesis and cross over binding to gluco-corticoid receptors (blocking cortisol) are both effects resulting in increased "recuperation"... does this answer your question?
    Warrior,you're saying all adrogens aid in a better recovery?Just asking for your opinion,that's all.

My theory on AAS and training:

Without AAS:

With AAS:

My ideas on supercompensation on gear... basically Stage I and II become shorter, stages III and IV longer. The fatique curve becomes less with a greater level of overcompensation from a greater anabolic environment.

Of course the degree of how much the curve is effected depends on the amount and type of gear used... BUT for reasonable use - fatigue is still a concern and overtraining on gear possible, but less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Warrior,you're saying all adrogens aid in a better recovery?Just asking for your opinion,that's all.
    It is such a complex subject... espeically when it comes to doses and the androgenic /anabolic (therapeutic index) properties for each compound - I would say the higher androgenic gear would be better at blocking cortisol as well as mental focus and drive... while the more anabolic gear is superior at increased protein sythesis and tissue growth... from why research and experience...

So which would be better in recovery? Any compound via different pathways...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I agree warrior.....I like to bring myself to the state of acute overtraining,then back off and let my body catch up,thus spirting nice mucle growth.

ive heard of people using fleeril and such..

I remember hearing a long time ago about how certain AAS help the CNS recover from the shock of a brutal workout and get the CNS back to the point where the other systems can start repairing muscle.

As I recall, if you do a killer workout - you are shocking your CNS to the point that it takes a longer time to come out of that shock state to start repairing muscle.

Exactly what this "shock" means as far as hormone levels or whatver I never really got a good exaplantion.
    hmmm Imo the CNS is only impared when non-stop brutal work-outs are combined with poor diet, inadequate rest, etc, on the other hand if all is in cheak with (diet, rest) with the addition of AAS i see little room for CNS overload.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    hmmm Imo the CNS is only impared when non-stop brutal work-outs are combined with poor diet, inadequate rest, etc, on the other hand if all is in cheak with (diet, rest) with the addition of AAS i see little room for CNS overload.
    sleep might just be the magic pill.. I know that I always make good gains if I have time to take an hour nap after a hard workout. At least I feel great.

Maybe we all need good sleping pills to max our recup

sleep might just be the magic pill.. I know that I always make good gains if I have time to take an hour nap after a hard workout. At least I feel great.

Ever try melatonin? that ZMA did'nt do sh!t for me what a waste of $.

Matto20 is offline Member

This is dangerous thinking. Must we all take a pill for every little thing that ails us. Our nation is becoming a "drugged up" society. There are other ways to accomplish things than with drugs - especially sleep. For example, taking a long relaxing hot bath/shower before bed; reading a novel in bed in dim light; lighting a candle in your room and listening to relaxing music. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    This is dangerous thinking. Must we all take a pill for every little thing that ails us. Our nation is becoming a "drugged up" society. There are other ways to accomplish things than with drugs - especially sleep. For example, taking a long relaxing hot bath/shower before bed; reading a novel in bed in dim light; lighting a candle in your room and listening to relaxing music. Just my opinion.
    hey i agree wholeheartedly bro - I am actually anti-drug when it come to my mind and will never take anxiety drugs.

YEah I was kinda just being sarcastic and have no intention of depending on sleeping pills.

and melatonin never worked for me either - just made me groggy in the AM

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    yes - that sheds some light - thanks

hey i agree wholeheartedly bro - I am actually anti-drug when it come to my mind and will never take anxiety drugs.

YEah I was kinda just being sarcastic and have no intention of depending on sleeping pills.

and melatonin never worked for me either - just made me groggy in the AM

Yeah, I'm with you. You couldn't pay me money to take anxiety drugs - those things are ****ing evil.

I actually tried melatonin for awhile, being that it is the body's own sleep hormone, but it didn't do a whole lot for me. I have heard that melatonin taken orally doesn't work very well anyway, but I did get some pretty deep, lucid dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    Yeah, I'm with you. You couldn't pay me money to take anxiety drugs - those things are ****ing evil.

I actually tried melatonin for awhile, being that it is the body's own sleep hormone, but it didn't do a whole lot for me. I have heard that melatonin taken orally doesn't work very well anyway, but I did get some pretty deep, lucid dreams.
    The reason you say this is because you don't need them. If you really needed anxiety/antidepressant drugs, trust me you would take them.

Those who take anxiety drugs for sleep and stress IMO are weak people. Although 10mg of Valium never killed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Toenail Juice Z
    The reason you say this is because you don't need them. If you really needed anxiety/antidepressant drugs, trust me you would take them.

Those who take anxiety drugs for sleep and stress IMO are weak people. Although 10mg of Valium never killed anyone.

No, for your information I do have bad anxiety and used to have mild depression. I never took anti-anxiety drugs, but I have taken several anti-depressants. Some of them have scared me to death - and anti-anxiety drugs are 10x worse... especially when it comes to "coming off" of the drug. That is the reason I think anti-anxiety drugs are evil..

Thread Information