jimmyboy is offline New Member

Question Oradexon Organon alternative Deca D.????

is it true that Oradexon Organon could be alternative for Deca ??

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I could only find this on it ,hope it helps !!!

ORADEXON-ORGANON-injection

RU 3360.011.001

SCHEDULING STATUS:
    S4

PROPRIETARY NAME
    (and dosage form):

ORADEXON-ORGANON-injection
    1 mL ampoule

COMPOSITION
    A colourless, aqueous solution containing
    5 mg dexamethasone disodium phosphate approximately equivalent to 4 mg dexamethasone.

PHARMACOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION
    A/21.5/Corticosteroids

PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTION
    Dexamethasone disodium phosphate is a synthetic glucocorticoid which has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, little mineralocorticoid activity, and it produces minimal fluid retention.

INDICATIONS
    Oradexon-Organon injection may be used in the treatment of all conditions for which corticosteroid therapy is indicated, except adrenal insufficiency states for which its lack of sodium retaining properties make it less suitable.
    Acute conditions in which corticosteroids may be life-saving.
    For the local treatment, where indicated, of such conditions as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, scapulohumeral calcareous tendinitis, Dupuytrens contracture, humeral epicondylitis.
    Local treatment by rectal drip in ulcerative colitis. Control of cerebral oedema caused by neoplasma, injuries, post-radiotherapy, post-surgery and cerebrovascular accidents.

CONTRA-INDICATIONS
    Except when used for short-term or emergency therapy, corticosteroids are contraindicated in patients with herpes simplex keratitis, acute psychoses, latent, healed or active tuberculosis. However, concurrent administration of corticosteroids with antituberculosis therapy may be life-saving in certain cases of pulmonary meningeal tuberculosis. Since corticosteroid therapy is non-specific it will suppress the symptoms and signs of disease and will enhance the susceptibility to infections; appropriate antimicrobial therapy should accompany corticosteroid therapy when necessary.

Active or latent peptic ulcer, diverticulitis, recent intestinal anastomosis, Cushings's syndrome, osteoporosis, diabetes mellitus, psychotic tendencies, local or systemic infections including vaccinia and varicella, as well as fungal diseases and other xanthomatous diseases. During pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, because of observation of foetal abnormalities on experimental animals, corticosteroids should not be administered except on urgent indication.

In patients on corticosteroid therapy subjected to excessive stress, increased dosage of rapidly acting corticosteroids is indicated before, during and after the stressful situation.

Growth and development of children on prolonged corticosteroid therapy should be carefully observed (See "Side-effects").

Whilst on corticosteroid therapy, patients should not be vaccinated against smallpox; other immunisation procedures should be undertaken under close observation.

Concomitant use of corticosteroids and diuretics may result in an enhanced potassium loss.

Local injection of a corticosteroid is contra-indicated in the presence of an infection of the injection site, e.g. infectious arthritides resulting from gonorrhoea or tuberculosis.

If corticosteroids are used in the above conditions, the risks should be weighed against possible benefits.

DOSAGE
    Suggested dose for adults:
    Intravenous injection for infusion:
    8-40 mg either as a slow intravenous injection or as an infusion in 5% (m/v) glucose in water for injection 0,9% (m/v) sodium chloride in water for injection. Ringers solution or Sorbitol 5% (m/v) and invert sugar 10% (m/v) in water for injection. Dosage should be adjusted according to the severity of the condition and in patients response. Injection into joints, bursae, tendon sheaths and local infiltration:
    Intra-articular (large joints) 5 mg
    Intra-bursal 2,5 mg
    Tendon sheaths 2,5 mg
    Local infiltration (administration by this route calls for strict asepsis) 2,5 mg
    Rectal drip:
    In cases of ulcerative colitis Oradexon-Organon may be administered in a dose of 5 mg diluted in 120 mL of saline.
    * Cases of ruptured tendon have been reported following the injection of corticosteroids directly into a tendon. In the treatment of conditions such as tendinitis or tenosynovitis care should be taken to inject into the space between the tendon sheath and the tendon.

SIDE-EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
    Adverse reactions associated with short term corticosteroid therapy in high doses are uncommon, but peptic ulceration may occur.

The major adverse reactions with prolonged corticosteroid therapy are: peptic ulcers, hypokalemia, infections, suppression of growth in children, central nervous system effects (ranging from euphoria to frank psychotic manifestations), suppression of ACTH secretion and relative adrenocortical insufficiency (especially in time of stress due to trauma, surgery or severe illness), osteoporosis, ocular effects, negative nitrogen and calcium balance, atrophy of the skin, impaired wound healing, myopathy, sodium and fluid retention (oedema), hypertension and development of Cushing's syndrome (e.g. 'moon face', striae, 'central obesity', 'buffalo hump', supra-clavicular fat pads, acne, hirsuitism), hyperglycaemia.

Local adverse reactions include post injection flare and a painless destruction of the joint reminiscent of Charcot's arthropathy, especially with repeated intra-articular injections.

Discontinuation of therapy should be undertaken by gradual reduction of dosage and should be done under strict medical supervision. Although adverse effects associated with high dose short term corticosteroid therapy are uncommon, peptic ulceration may occur. Prophylactic antacid treatment may be indicated.

KNOWN SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSAGE AND PARTICULARS OF ITS TREATMENT
    Not applicable.

IDENTIFICATION
    A colourless aqueous solution.

PRESENTATION
    10 x 1 mL clear ampoules.

look like bad new to me ?

Dear GymNut Sir,

I have no idea of what you've sent me for reference... could you please just simply tell me the answer by "Yes" or "no". Thank you! I am waiting for your quick reply...........

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    I think that whole post meant NO.... but then.... i could be mistaken

HI GymNut Sir,

thanks for the answer!

could you please tell me how long it should be taken for "off/break" between each Deca cycle??

do you suggest me to do 100mg of Deca for each shot?

/jim...

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I have never used it bro sorry , and the answer to the ? is no ,just my op,sorry I didnt get back to you sooner but job,gym,my lady,I do my best,ask a mod or vet they may be able to help you with setting up a cycle .
    good luck gymnut
    P.S no need to call me ,sir I am to layed back for it
    Last edited by gymnut4u; 02-19-2002 at 05:18 AM.

thanks alot!

Buffman is offline Associate Member

Thread Information