Thread: Teens and AAS

OverDrive is offline Associate Member

Teens and AAS

To piggy back Invids thread on his 14 y.o cousin (or nephew) (didn't want to hijack your thread bro) asking about AAS ... I wanted to drop some old stats on teens and AAS. This was back in my day ... as a HS kid on the wrestling team I was on a cycle at 15 yo. I don't endorse teens using AAS and we flame teens that show up here but education is truly the key to prevention.

I'm going to see if I can come up with a more current clinical study but in the mean time take a look at his .....

A 1970 survey of five American universities showed that 15% of college athletes were steroid abusers. By 1984, 20% of college athletes were using steroids . In 1975, anabolic abuse in Arizona high schools was 0.7% over all, with 4% of athletes admitting steroid use . A 1986 survey in Minneapolis revealed a 3% average rate of steroid abuse in grades 8, 10, and 12. In one of these high schools, the rate of use was 8% in senior males. In a 1988 survey in a suburban Chicago school, 6.5% of male students admitted taking steroids, and 2.5% of female students admitted steroid abuse. Surveys in 1989 estimated that there were 500,000 adolescent steroid abusers nationwide, and as many as 1 million steroid abusers of all ages in the United States. In November 1990, U.S. Federal Law classified all anabolic steroids as Controlled Dangerous Substances (Type 2).

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I belive it's way higher that 1 mil steriod users in the U.S even back in 1989 and with all the info on the internet the number is gonna double JMO

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Good info bro. If kids could just understand the dangers, this wouldnt be a problem.

Latimus is offline Banned
    grade 8s on roid is a mind fu<k...and its just going to get worse...especially with the media coming out and publicising that all these ball players and such are on roid...its better when the public doesnt know...now that everyone knows...more kids start doing it...when kids hear that mac did andro...everyone was on it...then bonds was found with tren or whatever...its just horrible...

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I belive it's way higher that 1 mil steriod users in the U.S even back in 1989 and with all the info on the internet the number is gonna double JMO

thats a d@mn good point!!!

Thread Information