map200uk is offline Anabolic Member

half life of steroids

hey,

i was just wondering i know what the half lives are, so if for example i was using

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) which has a 15 day half life, sureley 1x week injection would be ok to keep levels constant?
    sorry for asking such a stupid question,

Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    hey,

i was just wondering i know what the half lives are, so if for example i was using

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) which has a 15 day half life, sureley 1x week injection would be ok to keep levels constant?
    sorry for asking such a stupid question,
    That'd be fine. Most shoot it 2x/wk because they're shootin git with their test.

Latimus is offline Banned
    you can shoot once a week with it...but that ends up being a lot in one shot...so split it up...especially if you are shooting it with test....which i hope you are

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hey Lat, im not running deca this was just a question i had and that was an example

so if the half life is 15 days

say

week 1, Monday 500mg
    week 2, Monday
    week 3, Monday
    by week 3, tuesday the 500mg will be an active 250mg right?

Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    hey Lat, im not running deca this was just a question i had and that was an example

so if the half life is 15 days

say

week 1, Monday 500mg
    week 2, Monday
    week 3, Monday
    by week 3, tuesday the 500mg will be an active 250mg right?
    You can't really quantify it like that. gear is unesterified over time, so it's gradually unesterified. After 15 days, 1/2 of the intial dose will have been released. This doesn't mean it'll still be present. In fact, it won't be. Much will have been degraded or bound to ARs (and then eventually degraded too).

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    A Half life means that half the dose admistered will have been metabolized at that time So if the half life is 15days and the dose injected was 500mg , at day 15 you still have 250mgs still active in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    A Half life means that half the dose admistered will have been metabolized at that time So if the half life is 15days and the dose injected was 500mg , at day 15 you still have 250mgs still active in the body.
    Yes, kind of. You're actually exactly right, but when we refer to half-lives, we're referring to that of the ester. So, after one half-life, 50% of the ester will have been metabolized, thus having released 50% of the total initial dose of AAS, which may or may not have yet been metabolized.

I didnt even think of the ester!!! einstein your name fits you!!! Thats the standard desciption of a esterless substance.

or wait a minute!!! These half life times are given for each specific ester. So what are you talking about there?Are you saying that when they refer to an ester half life they are really reffering to the rate at which the body removes the ester or enters the blood stream? And not the metabolized portion of the hormone????

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    or wait a minute!!! These half life times are given for each specific ester. So what are you talking about there?Are you saying that when they refer to an ester half life they are really reffering to the rate at which the body removes the ester or enters the blood stream? And not the metabolized portion of the hormone????
    The rate at which the body removes the ester.

Talking to you is intresting to say the least!!!!!!

Thread Information