RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

NEWBIES Looking To Get Cut....Read Here

I've come across a few threads from newbies who want to get cut, but it got me thinking....

There's a lot of different factors that should be considered when cutting that aren't always addressed, and then there are those that are obvious to us who've already researched, experimented and experienced...so why not help everybody.

Somethings to consider before deciding to get cut:

1) First and foremost, no Steroid will get you cut. As much as this has been mentioned before, I just thought I would stress this again. All a Steroid does while you decide to cut is hold onto existing muscle and help keep you in an Anabolic state while depriving the body of foods and increasing your calorie expenditure. What does that mean? Move onto point #2...

2) Unless you have a solid base underneath that fat, don't bother getting cut. I know some people will give me some heat on this, but look at it like this. If you got a guy who's 6'1", 165lbs and 20% bodyfat, he's going to look like a twig if he cuts his weight and bodyfat down, which would completely defeat the purpose of cutting. A lot of people are under the assumption that underneath all the fat there's an awesome body. I'm sorry to break it to them, but in most cases there's not. The point I'm trying to make is that unless you have a solid base, some muscle earned from hard work and dedication, you can cut all day long but remember my words when I say you will be very, very disappointed. It's not your gear being "bunk", but lack of muscle underneath the fat.

3) As mentioned in point #1, no steroid will burn fat. As much as you've probably heard this before, I'll say it again. Diet is virtually everything to the serious bodybuilder. Without a sound and serious diet, your goals are as far away as they can get. Unless you have a well thought out and educated diet, you're going nowhere fast and will probably end up doing more harm then good.

4) Second to your diet and before your gear is your workout schedule and what it entails. The not-so-obvious part of getting cut is retaining as much muscle as possible, which while cutting, often times results in training less but more intense. Why? Simple...you want to keep the release of Cortisol (a catabolic hormone) to a minimum. Since you're already in a caloric defecit, you want to make sure your workouts are short and intense. Keep in mind your actual weight workouts aren't meant to "burn fat" but stimulate your muscle enough to retain it.

5) An offshoot of point #4, Cardio is your best fat burner. You can take as many supplements and gear as you want, you can workout for hours, but without cardio frequency and consistancy, the fat isn't going to come off as fast. No one likes cardio, suck it up and be a man.

6) When you're cutting, even with gear, it's very, very rare to increase your poundages on any exercises. When you're cutting, you're depriving and overworking the body, how the hell is it going to get stronger? Why I mention this is because alot of people give up and let the numbers of the iron game get to them. Keep in mind it's part of cutting. You will not get stronger. Many times you'll feel like utter ****, but with patience and consistancy, you'll be happy with the results. Just don't get discouraged when the numbers you push become harder and you start feeling like crap. Just think of the beach and the women and get back on the treadmill.

7) Avoid sugars, which many times means avoiding taking 10 low-carb shakes a day. Stick to real foods. I cannot stress that enough. Sugars contribute to us gaining fat just as much as saturated fat, if not more. Most protein shakes are loaded with sugars, or Aspartame as a substitute. You can get into a whole debate on Sugar vs. Aspartame, but that's not the point. The point is avoiding sugars as much as Saturated fats. Stick to real foods. Why? Shakes are easily digested by the body, which is great. But when you're dieting, you want to hold onto as much food as possible or else you're going to start to get hungry. Real food takes a hell of a lot more to digest, which means it's going to stick in your body longer and you won't be craving any sort of food as much as downing protein shakes.

8) Cycle your calories. If you're constantly eating 1500 calories a day, your thyroid is going to slow down. Pick one day out of the week to up your calories significantly. It helps reset your thyroid and get you into high gear again. One thing you'll notice is that you start to sweat a hell of a lot more, which is a very good sign for those severely dieting. You body is in shock, it's digesting and in turn your metabolic rate goes up resulting in the risen body temperature. If you need more detail on cycling your calories, go too www.T-Mag.com and do a search for "Cheat To Win".

9) Be patient and be consistant. It takes time. Don't be discouraged.

Feel free to add anything that I missed to touch up on.

Also, look up the stick "Cutting Thread". Good stuff in there...

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    good thread

georgie24 is offline Member
    good post bro!

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    bump...excellent post.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Yup, good info

MS421 is offline New Member
    good post man

Good post...

Although I am a bit sceptical about point 8...

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    nice one bro, a quick answer to the question "what cycle will get me cut?"

damian is offline Associate Member
    Raw truth here...great post man...sticky s**t

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice post bro, deserves a bump...

BLT

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Good job Ronny, would have appreciated reading this 5 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Good job Ronny, would have appreciated reading this 5 months ago
    I was on Vacation 5 months ago, ask your girlfriend. Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Don't make me drive the 40 mins to come kick yo ass... jk...
    (leave Decadbal out of this please lol)...

Don't make me drive the 40 mins to come kick yo ass... jk...
    (leave Decadbal out of this please lol)...

Haha...****, I forgot you live near me! If you come, THIS is what I'm gonna do to you sucka...(I'm the guy in the red).

http://poststuff2.entensity.net/0726...epperspray.wmv

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    nice post

Spyder Guest
    Can you drink winny?

Haha...****, I forgot you live near me! If you come, THIS is what I'm gonna do to you sucka...(I'm the guy in the red).

http://poststuff2.entensity.net/0726...epperspray.wmv
    I can't open it (closed on me, firewall from work lol)...
    But, I imagine it's you pepper spraying me.. so...

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    I have been tear gassed and I understand that pepper is way worse. That hurts just watching it.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Great post..... glad to see someone else point people to the diet forum instead of suggesting gear to "cut them"

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Great post..... glad to see someone else point people to the diet forum instead of suggesting gear to "cut them"

<<LMO>>
    I think when we say cutting gear, we mean Gear that puts on Quality pounds while sometime lowering bodyfat...
    Anyone over 20% bf isn't often advised (cutting)steroids ; but you have to remember that some people have a hard time shredding fat, most of the time they already have a perfect eatpattern
    (BTW I don't agree with a lot of the diets advised on this board --> Unhealthy, Unnecessary and sometimes missing the point!) and even with cardio CANT BREAK A CERTAIN PLATEAU
    (in lowering of bodyfat), dietagents and steroids can be an outcome in those cases!
    (All the diets and Training in the world can't overcome genetic standards!)

Greets
    Kingofmasters

BTW Can I see some scientific researches on point 8?
    (I think it is total nonsense)

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Good stuff! I'll bump it and I'm voting for a sticky!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    it gets a bump from me. nice post. the sad thing is the newbs wont read it..lololol!! they'll ask before they do that.

LookinToGrow is offline Associate Member
    make this a sticky!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    I think when we say cutting gear, we mean Gear that puts on Quality pounds while sometime lowering bodyfat...
    Anyone over 20% bf isn't often advised (cutting)steroids ; but you have to remember that some people have a hard time shredding fat, most of the time they already have a perfect eatpattern
    (BTW I don't agree with a lot of the diets advised on this board --> Unhealthy, Unnecessary and sometimes missing the point!) and even with cardio CANT BREAK A CERTAIN PLATEAU
    (in lowering of bodyfat), dietagents and steroids can be an outcome in those cases!
    (All the diets and Training in the world can't overcome genetic standards!)

Greets
    Kingofmasters

BTW Can I see some scientific researches on point 8?
    (I think it is total nonsense)

Are you saying you don't agree with the diets we advise in the diet forum??? Or here in the steroid board?? Because the diets that are advised in the diet section are very healthy, and I don't see how you can say they are unnecessary or missing the point. We advise people how to gain lean mass without getting fat, and we also advise people how to cut without losing lean mass.

As for genetic limitations..... yes some people can't get extremely low bodyfat wise, however EVERYONE can get ripped naturally. I don't want to hear genetic limitations prohibit it. When you hit a plateau you must re-adjust your macros to keep losing fat. Simple as that. Up the fats, lower the carbs etc..... add slightly more cardio. Now as for point number 8...... I don't have scientific research to prove that point for you but I will PM SwoleCat and see if he can provide a study. But you can ask anyone who has dieted (cutting wise) that a cheat day has helped them lose fat faster and it also helps with mental sanity. I don't see why 1 day would not be important. And the body does start to go into starvation mode after dieting for so long..... and having one day a week where you trick your body by eating more makes your metabolism work harder and it will continue to work at that pace for a few days following the cheat day, allowing you to reep the benefits of a faster metabolism.

I'll try to get back to this post with studies later

<<LMO>>

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Cleared things up for me

Phunkophonic is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    it gets a bump from me. nice post. the sad thing is the newbs wont read it..lololol!! they'll ask before they do that.
    Im reading, and applying!

bubbathegut is offline Member
    good read

Thread Information