Bob segal is offline Associate Member

side effects of steroids at young age

my boy did 2 cycles when he was 20 years old. what could be the sides in the future?

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Maybe he should be asking this rather than you.....

or maybe "your boy" is you?

And If its your boy, I'm sure you're around the same age.. so I'm guessing you want to know what your side effects are, or will be if you are using, or decide to use.

20 years old.... I hope he is happy with his height because he now has no chance on ever getting any taller. At 20 years old your hormones are already dramatic as it is, there is no need to confuse your body even more with the addition of steroids .

Bob segal is offline Associate Member
    mabye your wrong son!!
    so is that all the side effects you have for my boy? just height

In a research printed by the Washington Post, Carl Sanders - an exercise and steroid expert said that consuming steroids at a young age could lead to testicular failuar and possibly testicle amputation. Spread the word to all amatures. For more info go to www.washingtonpost.com

boy this could get really good... wheres lozgod when you need him
    Last edited by EastCoaster; 06-26-2004 at 11:06 PM.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Story 1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The public is under the belief that taking steroids will automatically make the user become built and muscular, which is not so."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking Steroids: What Could It Hurt?
    by Bodybuilder Derek Charlebois

Aaron Henry was 13 when he started taking steroids. He wanted to gain an edge in football. After four years of using steroids, Henry was 5'9" and weighed 210 pounds. He gained weight and power from taking steroids, but that is not all they gave him. He experienced spells of vomiting, urinating blood, liver and kidney damage, ulceration over three-fourths of his stomach, a mild heart attack, and an aggressive personality (James 18). Henry was only aware of steroids' positive effects. He was unaware about their side effects and health risks. Much of the public, just like Henry, is uninformed or wrongly informed about steroids. The media fails to show the negative aspects of using steroids. Because of this, many people think that steroids only have positive effects, but they fail to realize those using steroids can destroy their body and mind.

Heres more on teen steroid use . Being 20 isn't a teen but you asked so here it is:

The Department of Health and Human Services reports that 12 percent of teenage boys and two and a half percent of teenage girls use steroids . This is disturbing because health risks and side effects are much more serious for teens than adults. This is because a teenager's body is not fully developed, therefore their growth can be stunted and parts of the body will never have a chance to mature. The effects on women are even worse since androgens and testosterone are more foreign to their bodies than men's (Collins ). A very serious issue is the fact that teens who use steroids for two to three months face dying in their 30's or 40's. Taking steroids is very tough on teens psychologically. Many teen steroid users have what is called, "Roid Mania." This includes wild aggression and delusions (Ribadeneira 2). The two main reasons why teens use steroids are, sports and looks. Teens feel if they take steroids, they can enhance their athletic ability and hopefully get them into college sports. Looks are very important to teens. Greg Voigt, a nutrition store owner, comments, "Out of every 100 kids that come in here, 70 want to know what kind of effects steroids will have on their bodies. The other 30 just want them." (Cochran1- 2). Steroids seem to be a relatively easy way teens to enhance their appearance. They take steroids to help gain them popularity among peers.

I dunno where you get these articles but you're full of'em. Very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I dunno where you get these articles but you're full of'em. Very informative.
    For the record I do use steroids , I believe they can be used in a safer manner, however they are not 100% safe, and can have disatrous consequences. Kids need to stay away. 20 is borderline, I recommend 22-23.

I didnt question if you used them or how safe they are? I'm well aware of the risks and I'm of age to be using steroids .

I didnt question if you used them or how safe they are? I'm well aware of the risks and I'm of age to be using steroids.
    I know I was stating that for the other guy. I didn't want to be a hypocrite.

When you really think about all the possible risks.... steroids are not worth it.

When you really think about all the possible risks.... steroids are not worth it.
    I disagree, thats like saying when you way the risks of driving a car its not worth it. You can get killed in an accident with a drunk, a criminal getting chased by the cops, mechanical malfunction, kids throwing a brick through your windshield, etc., etc. I just do it in a safe moderation. There are risks but life is one big risk.

Can you drink winny?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Can you drink winny?
    You beat SC to the punch....

Thread Information