seanw is offline Banned

Roids at Fourty Nine

I have just turned fourty nine. I have been working out since I was eighteen but because of my metabolism I have never been able to have good gains. Is it worth giving the gear a try at my age, I have always wanted to give it a go. Have I left my run to late ?

SW

joe_capone is offline Member
    do you have any health problems? dibetic? cancer? heart problems?? god forbid you do.. but b4 you do anything make sure you are healthy because steroids can only make things worse for the older crowd. if everything comes out fine with your health then stick around for a while and learn.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    I have just turned fourty nine. I have been working out since I was eighteen but because of my metabolism I have never been able to have good gains. Is it worth giving the gear a try at my age, I have always wanted to give it a go. Have I left my run to late ?

SW
    I would go to a Doc and try HRT(hormone replacement therapy), if I were you.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    If you are healthy then yes juice can do a lot for you. Look for my Before and after pics inthe members pics forum

UrbanDawg: Before and After Pics

Im 47 this August and jucie has really helped be get back into shape.

If you want to PM me ill tell you all about my first cycle and routine.

There are some caveats about juicing when you are older. Specificaly certain drugs to avoid and certain drugs to always use in your cycle.

I can help if you want.

SW

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You've gotten good advice so far. Bro if it's your metabilism stopping gains add some healthy fats to your diet, that'll slow daown the metabilism.

What are your stats? I started at 46

JohnnyB

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member

SW

i dont think that is too late at all.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Get some blood work done first(b/p,psa,liver values..) and see if the doc would recommend HRT or if your blood works ok you can try a test/deca stack (250/200)yourself. It'll do wunders at your age and sides are pretty much rare at that dosage. No need to go any higher since your not entering any contests.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    Get some blood work done first(b/p,psa,liver values..) and see if the doc would recommend HRT or if your blood works ok you can try a test/deca stack (250/200)yourself. It'll do wunders at your age and sides are pretty much rare at that dosage. No need to go any higher since your not entering any contests.
    id go a bit higher on the TEST.. like 500 but that just my opinion after doing that cycle at 46

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am almost 47 and the biggest and strongest I have ever been.. if you are healthy go for it...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    WOW...I'm 44 and feel like a spring chicken in this thread....lol...

metabolism doesnt regulate the production of muscle tissue..........

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    metabolism doesnt regulate the production of muscle tissue..........
    If your burning off all your cal for energy..yes it does bro........

well, i understand, b/c im working all day in the sun and i burn off cals like a monkey, but if his diet was in check, and his metabolism is as slow as a sloth, i wouldnt be leaning towards metabolism beein the root of the problem. correct?

im not trying to argue, its just i THOUGHT differently.....

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    well, i understand, b/c im working all day in the sun and i burn off cals like a monkey, but if his diet was in check, and his metabolism is as slow as a sloth, i wouldnt be leaning towards metabolism beein the root of the problem. correct?

im not trying to argue, its just i THOUGHT differently.....
    He says his problem is a fast metabolism.

i understand this, but he said his metabolism was fast at age 18. beeing he's 49, theres a good chance his metabolism has slowed down some. i still wouldnt push the problem towards metabolism at his age, i would push it towards the downward spiral of test production or hormone regulation.

seanw is offline Banned
    Guys

Thanks for the great advice, this place is awsome. As far as the metabolism goes it was a bitch at eighteen but as you say it has slowed down somewhat. I started working out when I was eighteen and I weighed 139 now I weigh around 165. I look OK, I still have abs but a bit of fat has crept in around the middle but I am at about 20% overall. I am not trying to look huge but I would like to add another 10 to 20 lb and get rid of the fat. I work out five days a week and I eat pretty well with three protein shakes a day as well.

seanw is offline Banned
    By the way, I have just had a full medical and I am totally healthy !!

Guys

Thanks for the great advice, this place is awsome. As far as the metabolism goes it was a bitch at eighteen but as you say it has slowed down somewhat. I started working out when I was eighteen and I weighed 139 now I weigh around 165. I look OK, I still have abs but a bit of fat has crept in around the middle but I am at about 20% overall. I am not trying to look huge but I would like to add another 10 to 20 lb and get rid of the fat. I work out five days a week and I eat pretty well with three protein shakes a day as well.
    I understand what you're saying..I have friends in thier early 50's that are like a stick..they can eat anything and not gain weight.Those are the lucky ones tho..

ya i would push the problem of gaining weight towards your metabolism at the age of 18, you could of upped your calories like i did and gained a good amount of weight. beeing that your 49 though bro, i would go for it. just eat like a hoss, and train like you are still 18 and you will gain the weight that you desire.it takes dedication but stick with it.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    If i were you i would go to my doctor and make up a tory about how you feel your body is badly decomposing and you need Human Growth Hormone and use your health insurance to pay for some of it since its perscribed, and then just use tht for an entire year straight man.

seanw is offline Banned
    I havnt heard of Hormone Replacement Therapy for guys, I am an Aussie living in Singapore now and the chances of getting them to agree to that in this police state are next to zero, especially since I am a long way from looking "badly decomposed"

righton is offline Senior Member
    Like i said you can do it on your own, it doesn't cost much and at your age if your diets clean and you work out on a regular basis(3+week) with just a simple test/deca stack (250/200)you can easily put on 25lbs. And even though alot of ppl say to go 500 or more on the test its not going to put on any more muscle(how many ppl have put on 50lbs from doing 500mg/week instead of 250 in their first cycle???) in this case less is better!!

Thread Information