IronAdam is offline Member

Can some explain why we wait 2 weeks for PCT?

I'm curious what the scientific answer is to why PCT with Test E is started 2 weeks after the last shot. And can someone explain why it takes 4 weeks to kick in but only 2 to start PCT?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    its the half life. after 2 weeks half of the dose remains in the body. The test is already 'kicking in' after 2 weeks, you just dont feel much different for about a month.

I get what your saying...but does anyone have a scientific explanation as to why you don't feel it till after 4 weeks?

BUMP

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    everybody is different. I know guys who feel test e after only about 3 weeks. My good friend didnt even see the slightest result until mid week 5. There is no scientific explanation for that, everybody reacts differently. The best modern science could do is tell you when the compound is becomeing 'active'. the rest depends on your diet, workouts, sleep habits....well... simply it depends on the individual.

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    The testosterone you're injecting has to build up to levels that will start making a difference in the way you feel and apear, some people it takes 2 weeks, other it takes 4 weeks.. keep in mind when you inject into the muscle, the oil (test) is slowly absorbed by your body from the injection site.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    I get what your saying...but does anyone have a scientific explanation as to why you don't feel it till after 4 weeks?

BUMP
    It takes time for your body to adapt to the endogenous test and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppaV
    The testosterone you're injecting has to build up to levels that will start making a difference in the way you feel and apear, some people it takes 2 weeks, other it takes 4 weeks.. keep in mind when you inject into the muscle, the oil (test) is slowly absorbed by your body from the injection site.
    This is pretty accurate.

Test doesn't "kick in"....it ramps up to a threshold/steady-state plasma level, dictated by dose and injection frequency versus half-life of the injected compound........the actions of test are present well before you "feel" them.....the 2 week waiting period is based on typical doses used and the active life of the ester used....at typical doses, after ~14 days, there will be negiligible levels of exogenous test, so that negative feedback will be of little to no factor

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Frontloading (taking double the maintenance dose prior to the first half life) would raise plasm levels much faster... but off that subject, it takes several weeks before blood androgens level off... taking into acount all the half/active lives - administering 467mg/wk of testosterone enanthate (TE) will actually lead to a blood volume of around 700-800mg/wk after week 3-4...

Week 1: TE; 467mg
    Week 2: TE; 467mg + 225mg from week 1
    Week 3: TE; 467mg + 225mg from week 2 + 75mg from Week 1
    Week 4 and on: 467+225+75= 767mg of TE

(Above is an estimate - I am not saying my figures are 100% accurate... just trying to illustrate the idea)

You should "feel" it right away - as blood levels immediately begin to rise. But you don't get most of the performance benefits until your blood levels peak and the actual anabolic capabilities surface - it takes time to build a house...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    I'm curious what the scientific answer is to why PCT with Test E is started 2 weeks after the last shot. And can someone explain why it takes 4 weeks to kick in but only 2 to start PCT?
    Oops, I think I misread your question... as it takes time for blood levels to build - it also takes time for them to empty. You can not recover until all exogenous androgens are gone... one reason tapering makes little sense... as long as their is some outside source - you can't recover. And then as soon as the last active life has cleared... you immediatly go into PCT to bring endogenous (your natural production) levels back up.

Thanks for educating me guys

Thread Information