Thread: blood pressure

frank_frank is offline Senior Member

Angry blood pressure

wtf, i got my blood pressure checked today and it was 210/100 right arm, 210/100 left arm

then they switched to a larger cuff thingy, and it was 190/100

what the hell??? im only running 100mg test prop EOD???

my diet is pretty good as far as i know...i eat hardly any salt, low sodium, no junk food

r my readings abnormally high for only running test prop at this dosage??

i know that 190/100 wouldn't be unusual if i was running more juice, but prop 100mg EOD????

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Thats seems really HIGH bro... Mine is 129 over 86 and I am runnin a boat load of gear?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    How big are you? Do you know your bf%?

im 6'2'' 225

i posted my pic on here and from what ppl r saying my BF% is somewhere around 8-12%

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    One reading is not necessarily indicative of high blood pressure. I suggest getting it checked a few more times over the next few days - even if it's at that little machine in the pharmacy. It may have been just a bad day.

Were you on any caffeine and ephedrine?

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    im 6'2'' 225

i posted my pic on here and from what ppl r saying my BF% is somewhere around 8-12%
    u got the link for the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by masswithclass
    Were you on any caffeine and ephedrine?
    no none of that

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    u got the link for the pic?

Bf%

haha by the way im really pale i haven't been out in the sun in a while

i dont smoke ... what else could be bringing my BP up???

i dip..could that cause it a little bit??

drinking raises it too right??

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Maybe stress and over working your body and mind.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Frank,

Just may be a little case of white coat syndrome! It is possible that when a Doc or nurse checks ya and the liitle Guilt Gear Guy in your head starts getting your body to react. Just relax and check it again every few days for a while to get to know were it really is. Best place to get it checked is your local Fire Dept! Yup ,they are cool and they won;t get ya worked up, Try to check it the same time every day if ya can. My Doc says that the AM is the best time to tell where your BP is at. If it stays high for a few weeks than get your Doc to take a look!

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Frank,

Just may be a little case of white coat syndrome! It is possible that when a Doc or nurse checks ya and the liitle Guilt Gear Guy in your head starts getting your body to react. Just relax and check it again every few days for a while to get to know were it really is. Best place to get it checked is your local Fire Dept! Yup ,they are cool and they won;t get ya worked up, Try to check it the same time every day if ya can. My Doc says that the AM is the best time to tell where your BP is at. If it stays high for a few weeks than get your Doc to take a look!

MJ
    thanks joe

anyway, is my Bp high enough to be threatening to my health

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Your BP will go up and down all day long bro! When you first wake up is usually when its the lowest as opposed to when your killin weights in the gym at its highest.

The real risk of HBP is usually attached to another illness like Diabetes. However if it persists it can cuase problems with your eyes, Kidneys, arteries etc.

Think of a water hose at home and your watering the flowers! If the stream is too strong it will knock the blooms off the flowers!

Chances are your fine bro, but let the Doc check ya out. If it is high there is a host of meds to get it under control quickly and easily and no side effects either. You are gonna live a long time so you can hang with us AR folks when we all get old!

MJ

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    Frank, yes it is way too high. Can it affect your health yes.. 210/100,190/100 is severe grade 3 hypertension. Go to wally world or drug store purchase a bp monitor(thats what I have ) They are around $65 well worth it. You must be sitting relaxed cuff equal (level)to your heart. If it was me I would reduce from 100mg down to 50mg. Monitor thru-out the day. After a few days if it does not change see a professional. Short term is probably not going to hurt its the long continued that is a concern. good luck

Your BP will go up and down all day long bro! When you first wake up is usually when its the lowest as opposed to when your killin weights in the gym at its highest.

The real risk of HBP is usually attached to another illness like Diabetes. However if it persists it can cuase problems with your eyes, Kidneys, arteries etc.

Think of a water hose at home and your watering the flowers! If the stream is too strong it will knock the blooms off the flowers!

Chances are your fine bro, but let the Doc check ya out. If it is high there is a host of meds to get it under control quickly and easily and no side effects either. You are gonna live a long time so you can hang with us AR folks when we all get old!

MJ
    thanks a lot for the support bro!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Get a home monitor and see what it is at home. It may be whitecoat like that other guy said. I have white coat syndrome. Dip would elevate it but not that high. High blood pressure is a disease so it may just be essential hypertension also. Just follow the docs advice.

MJ

If it is actually that high, assuming it isn't white coat or a temporary spike, then it is in fact dangerous, and not just to the kidneys and such, the pressure against the blood vessels can cause them to burst and at the level his is, which is high as hell, can triple the risk for blood clots. All of that can happen without diabeties. Hypertension is its own disease.

Latimus is offline Banned
    **** i had 150 once which had to be looked after...i couldnt even imagine 190

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    **** i had 150 once which had to be looked after...i couldnt even imagine 190
    Try 210/120.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I would like to add that going on BP meds while on gear is not something to be afraid of. The benefits far outweigh the risks, especially for those who have aggravated HTN while using AAS. There are many excellent BP meds available, and may be worth looking into if your BP does not come down after trying other approaches.

Latimus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodcrane
    I would like to add that going on BP meds while on gear is not something to be afraid of. The benefits far outweigh the risks, especially for those who have aggravated HTN while using AAS. There are many excellent BP meds available, and may be worth looking into if your BP does not come down after trying other approaches.
    good call bro...i mean walking around at 190 is definately worst then the sides of taking the drug

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Try 210/120.
    189/117 for me. That was off cycle, and off my vasotec (ACE inhibitor).

do these BP meds affect your cardiovascular system in any way?? i mean would it hinder my performance on the field???

pshhhhhh 210/190? bro my RESTING blood pressure is 210/190, thats kitty ****. you have nothing to worry about..........

on a serious note, im suprised you arnt dead yet.

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    take some nolva and dex I know its only prop but maybe your holding some bloat. You getting bloody noses?

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    a good family friend had high blood pressure and never did anything about it. 3 years ago he had a stroke at the age of 53. he is now paralyzed (sp) on the right side of his body for the rest of his life. don't want to scare u just go to a doctor if it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmill13
    take some nolva and dex I know its only prop but maybe your holding some bloat. You getting bloody noses?
    ya im taking both right now..im not holding hardly any water at all...and no im not getting any bloody noses

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    a good family friend had high blood pressure and never did anything about it. 3 years ago he had a stroke at the age of 53. he is now paralyzed (sp) on the right side of his body for the rest of his life. don't want to scare u just go to a doctor if it continues.
    ya thanks for the advice ..thats some scary sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    pshhhhhh 210/190? bro my RESTING blood pressure is 210/190, thats kitty ****. you have nothing to worry about..........

on a serious note, im suprised you arnt dead yet.
    If your blood pressure was 210/190 you would have a stroke on a matter of days. Or the least amount of strenuous activity would elevate it even higher and you would stroke out then. Either you are mistaking or lying.

when my dad was all juiced out his bp was in the 190's on a constant basis. he thought he had a heart attack once but it wasn't. he quit lifting not too long after his dad died and when he read a report in 1981 about the amount of juice the world class weight lifters were taking. my dad was a world class lifter and the report said he was taking the amount of juice that a novice takes. maybe thats why he is still alive and the guys he used to compete against arent

High blood pressure is more of an indicator of a problem than a problem. If it is very very high like 180/100 then it is a danger not just to your kidneys and eyes, but also to your blood vessel system and heart.

However something mildly elevated like 150/90 isn't too dangerous. It is still doing damage on a small scale over a period of time, but the risks are small, as long as it isn't that elevated for years. I don't even worry about my BP on cycle. I check it but I don't lose sleep if its high. Unless it gets higher than 200/120. Then I would go to the ER, followed by a doctor visit.

Take the time to study up on blood pressure. There is literally tons of info out there on it. I bought a book called Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Medication. I did it to a T till I literally got off of the medicine. I get high readings on occasion but for the most part it is in a good range.

another horror story about high bp is a guy i know who we called big red. he was doing 1100 lbs on the leg press when he collapsed and was taken to the hospital where they said he had a blood clot in his brain and if he ever worked out again it could bust at any moment. needless to say he still works out and could die at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    another horror story about high bp is a guy i know who we called big red. he was doing 1100 lbs on the leg press when he collapsed and was taken to the hospital where they said he had a blood clot in his brain and if he ever worked out again it could bust at any moment. needless to say he still works out and could die at any moment.
    He had a blood clot in his brain? Thats a stroke. He would more than likely be paralyzed on one side of his body. Heavy lifting wouldn't be an option.

your right it wasn't a clot in his brain. im not a doctor (nor plan on being) but it was something along those lines in his brain. i worked out with a good friend of his and saw him all the time and he was still huge and still worked out even though it was bad for him. since this thread has turned into a health effects and steroids type thread can anyone tell me what John Perry (World's Strongest Man Competitor) died from last year or year before. what it a heart attack cause he was like 375 and all muscle.

Thread Information