seeker is offline Junior Member

Training While On Steroid Cycle

I've read that while on cycle one no longer needs as much rest and can lift more frequently since your body recovers and recuperates much faster. In fact Arnie would lift twice a day, six days a week with marathon-like sessions. I know that one should only train each muscle group once per week when off-cycle, but how much different should training be when on-cycle to get get maximum benefit?

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    My guess is that as long as the body part you are training is not sore on or off cycle, you should be fine, even if you are training it for the 2nd time in the week.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Just remember you can still overtrain even on AAS

I've also read that you can still overtrain even if you haven't gotten sore. Any mods or vets out there that can shed some light on just the right amount of training while on an AAS cycle for maximum benefit? Bigkev has to have the answer.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Train the same as you normally would just increase the intensity and the only rule is listen to your own body it will tell you when its had enough

bump... i've often wondered this myself. want to get the most out of all cycles.

bump

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    i didnt no you could really overtrain while of AAS, maybe that will come in handy in the future! thanks billy.

I always thought i should work out more if i ever did them

Methuselah is offline Member
    I asked the same question to my guru at a rejuvination clinic. He's an x pro athelete. He says not to over train and results will come with consistent training. However, he has contrary opinions to much of what I've read here that has worked for me. I do know that when I over train I stay in bed longer. I don't see whay I can't overtrain if I take the time to eat and sleep. In the middle of my cycle all I wanted to do was train; it just feels awsome to be pumped.

potent is offline Junior Member
    i think this is an important thread. how much should one do while on AS? 3 times a week, high intensity is what i believe i read from this site. but everyone here seems to think much more, like 5-7 times a week of lifting. ???????????

Mr. Fina is offline Associate Member
    This is why they call weight training a theory. All theories can be falsifiable. There is no wrong or right of training. Everyone responds differently. Get to know your body and your limits. Pursue the limits.

IGF-1 is offline Associate Member

i wonder too bro

i use to train each body part twice a week while on a.s now im dhitting each body part ones aweek i guess it makes since if u hit each body part hard then hit it ones aweek a let it recuperate .but if u hit it like cardio wise its ok to train it 2twice a week since u didnt do much damage

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    It's all about the body. Listen to your body, and experiment.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    yea, ya'll are definitely right that it's different for each person, but it's almost hard not to overtrain when on AS. My joints don't get sore, even after a rough quad workout; my muscles recover quickly, and I look forward to my workouts like I used to look forward to watching tv or relaxing. I can't keep myself out of the gym. Anyone else have this "problem?"

Thread Information