willlem is offline Junior Member

SuperAthletes, what 'doping' do they use?

We can all guess at what huge amount of AAS etc pro-bb'rs may be taking for their incredible results, but what about professional Athletes, who are continuously being tested on roids and other banned stuff. The ages of primitive urine-testing are long gone and the athlete has to come up with new tools, drugs, tips and lucrative ideas to avoid being tested positive almost anytime round the year. Off course, many athletes have sufficient funds to cover that research. But my question is:

What are their (up-to-date) doping compounds?

Also, anyone a clue on how they manage to test negativ lately?

bubbathegut is offline Member
    that has always been my question too, maybe someone knows, money seems to play a part in it too

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    some will use an IV and remove a certain amount of blood, freeze it, then inject it the next day, it makes you like superman

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willlem
    What are their (up-to-date) doping compounds?
    If we knew, more of them would be testing positive

Also, anyone a clue on how they manage to test negativ lately?
    They hire their own chemists that constantly design new "designer" compunds that stay one step ahead of testing capabilities. How do you think the owners of BALCO got so rich? It's not from selling Winny.

Quote:
    some will use an IV and remove a certain amount of blood, freeze it, then inject it the next day, it makes you like superman
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Exactly how do they do such a thing and how do they end up not tested positive?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i read somewhere, i think it was lance armstrong, or another cyclist where his doctor or trainer would take his blood out,so 1 pint or whatever the amount is is taken out, and the blood is drained into a plastic bag, dunno what the plastic bag is called, and then the next day, you put it in an IV and put your own blood back in you, that was and i think still is considered blood doping, but i think there is a way they can test you for it, i think they take a blood sample, and compare the amounts of red blood cells, and if the number is to high, then they will get you for blood doping, i wish i remembered where i read it becauase it was a really good read

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    that is not inserting a drug into them selves. that just adds more blood into the body so that you can have more oxygen carried to the muscles which gives you more energy. its hard to catch someone doing this. runners do this to get an advantage alot. and the elite athlets do have offseasons where they might be able to do juice thats out of the system quick. thats what a lot of ncaa people do. we have a whole 3 months away from school where they can't test us because we aren't there. get juiced up all summer, get off of it so that its not detectable before school starts and stay clean all school year till the next summer. my dad always thought that anthony carter (the record holder in the high school shotput) was juicing in highschool because steroids were everywhere in texas highschools in the early 80's.

Ok Casanova, i agree, but what roids do they use?

e.g. Winny was known to clear out of blood & urine in 3-4 weeks, but since then they found ways to test them for even after months.

Testing has progressed a lot, so what type of drugs remain available for the pro's in offseason?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Coming up with designer drugs is one way the athletes stay ahead of the testers... until they have isolated the metabolite that the drug produces - they can't test for it.

The IOC has a lot of money put toward an effective way to test for GH use in an athlete's urine - nothing as of yet as far as I know... GH and testosterone are endogenous compounds, so testing for a metabolite of either does not work. But they can urine test for testosterone using a T/E(testosterone to epitestosterone) ratio... which requires more expensive toys... aside from what they use to isolate metabolites.

rawhide is offline Junior Member
    Ok Casanova, i agree, but what roids do they use?

e.g. Winny was known to clear out of blood & urine in 3-4 weeks, but since then they found ways to test them for even after months.

Testing has progressed a lot, so what type of drugs remain available for the pro's in offseason?

I know for a fact that there is another "invisible" steroid similar to THG...yah know the BALCO steroid. It's being used by pitchers every 6 months to add velo to the fastball. Stacking prop, d-bol, var, etc. with this invisible steroid proves to be ridiculous in it's effects. Most of the pitchers take GH in order to not blow an ulnar ligament out. This is very hush-hush in the baseball community and I only know one guy that is actually taking this new steroid...I know that it's not that hard to create new steroids ...but some compounds won't give you a desired effect for the particular sport...rawhide

well i am considering doing a quick mini cycle during christmas so the steroids would have to be out of system quickly and im thinking of doing test prop and anavar . andriol is also out of system in 1 week. some one else did a thread about 2 week cycles. those sound good for athletes that have to worry about testing. hgh is also not detectable (i believe) by urine tests. they would also have the money required to do long term cycles of hgh. someone please correct me if im incorrect.

anyone want to learn about the balco scandal: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/3210876.stm#

Ok, short cycles and short clearance drugs.

Then I guess you make appointments with ur doctor afterwards, monitoring ur blood levels to put them back in balance, right?

another idea i just thought of is hcg isn't detectable for that long i believe and when they look at your test levels they look at the ratios of epitestosterone and testosterone . if your natural test levels are up then your epitest and your test should be within the ratio limits. am i right with this idea. please correct me if im wrong.

Somehow i remember reading bout hcg being useless to athletes for beating tests but i dont remember why..

My guess is to use hcg after the roids hav cleared and to 'test' for yourself -when exactly (time elapsed) and at what amount of hcg used - your T/E ratios return to normal level, so that u can use these findings in your future.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    another idea i just thought of is hcg isn't detectable for that long i believe and when they look at your test levels they look at the ratios of epitestosterone and testosterone. if your natural test levels are up then your epitest and your test should be within the ratio limits. am i right with this idea. please correct me if im wrong.
    Yeah - you have to stay within a certain ratio - the OIC sets it at 6:1 which is very forgiving... but there are ways to skew your ratio or create grounds for a false positive... I'd have to dig for some more on that...

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    from the top of my head in no particular order is what athletes have been known to use:
    THG / other designer steroids
    Insulin
    HGH
    Erythropoietin (EPO)
    Androgenic Anabolic Steroids
    Blood Doping / Own Blood Doping

to a lesser extent im sure some atheletes (say soccer/rugby players) will take prohormone stacks as they are much less likely to show up on a regular drugs test.

as a little aside:
    cyclists and runner in the early 20th century were reported to have taken a cocktail of drugs including cocaine and strychnine to enhance performance!

Latimus is offline Banned
    what is the most steroid use sport next to bb...i remember someone saying soccer...actually it was lee priest in an interview...anyway, steroids are everywhere and in great amounts...im an athlete who uses steroids...and i bust heads...could i without them...yeah...but i wouldnt be as good...

The future is all about gene doping. Read "Gene Doping" scientific American July 2004 volume 291 pg62. Scientist have and are further developing Gene therapies that inhibit muscles cell's reception to myostatin, which regulate muscle growth. The hope is to cure muscle wasting diseases. Anyhow, the altered genes are placed in a harmless virus that transports the genes into muscles cells, which cause them to grow unchecked. The therapy is virtually undetectable because everthing takes place within the muscles (nothing in blood or urine). Just look at the the picture of the ripped bull I have as an avatar. That bull has a natural defect for myostatin production.tissue. Like many other researchers,

"we selected a virus as our delivery vehicle,or vector, because viruses are skilled
    at smuggling genes into cells. They survive and propagate by tricking the cells
    of a host organism into bringing the virus inside, rather like a biological Trojan
    horse. Once within the nucleus of a host cell, the virus uses the cellular machinery to replicate its genes and produce proteins. Gene therapists capitalize on this..."

To further evaluate this approach and its safety, Rosenthal created mice genetically engineered to overproduce IGF-I throughout their skeletal muscle. Encouragingly,they developed normally except for having skeletal muscles that ranged from 20 to 50 percent larger than those of regular mice. As these transgenic mice aged, their muscles retained a regenerative capacity typical of younger animals."

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    what is the most steroid use sport next to bb...i remember someone saying soccer...actually it was lee priest in an interview...anyway, steroids are everywhere and in great amounts...im an athlete who uses steroids...and i bust heads...could i without them...yeah...but i wouldnt be as good...
    its definitely not soccer, most soccer players weigh less than 180lbs and its not exactly a very physical game...

EPO is probably the most commonly used drug within top level soccer teams.

baseball didn't drug test its athletes thats why they had the highest number of juicers. football has to be the second most sport with juicers. a lot of d2 schools don't even drug test at all 1st semester. anyone ever see the movie "The Program" with the big aas user latimer. my highschool team had 3 guys that were juicers(i didn't know at the time because i wasn't one of them).

Steroids101 is offline Member
    This is a very interesting thread. Im almost certain that if a person had a chance to take home a olympic medal, or to join a professonal sports team, they would be willing to pay anyone who would help them with their chances.

Theres no real way anyone can say with any certainty what prof. athletes use, because they don't want anyone to know.

my coach was number 8 in the world (2nd in US) this year in an olympic event (not going to name which) and i am almost positive he is absolutely steroid and drug free. he is 6'9 250 though and naturally athletic.

I was recently informed top athletes actually do 3week-cycles off season ( 3weeks on- 3 weeks off)

That seems logic to me, i wonder about its consistency though?

daos is offline Associate Member
    I was recently informed top athletes actually do 3week-cycles off season ( 3weeks on- 3 weeks off)

That seems logic to me, i wonder about its consistency though?
    i would go with that considering they are using light esters. seems logical

Thread Information