Body is offline Associate Member

Reverse Anorexia??

Hey bro's, quick question: Do you believe there is such a disorder as reverse anorexia? See, I just watched this documentary on chicks with anorexia, and I think I have the exact opposite problem. Every time I look in a mirror Ifeel way too small and skinny. In all reality, I'm a little fat. I'm 5'91/2", 220lbs, 15%bf. The people around me say I look good, but when I look in the mirror I look way too small. Normally, I'm a verty confident and proud guy, but when I get in front of the mirror I just seem way too small for a guy who spends as much time lifting/eating/resting/injecting as i do. Anybody else have any feedback?

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Body
    Hey bro's, quick question: Do you believe there is such a disorder as reverse anorexia? See, I just watched this documentary on chicks with anorexia, and I think I have the exact opposite problem. Every time I look in a mirror Ifeel way too small and skinny. In all reality, I'm a little fat. I'm 5'91/2", 220lbs, 15%bf. The people around me say I look good, but when I look in the mirror I look way too small. Normally, I'm a verty confident and proud guy, but when I get in front of the mirror I just seem way too small for a guy who spends as much time lifting/eating/resting/injecting as i do. Anybody else have any feedback?
    I think that's it's own disorder, not related to anorexia. Can't recall the name though.

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    muscle dysmorphia i believe is the name of the disorder.

it is where no matter how big the person gets he or she thinks that they are small and do a lot of things to try and look big.

Latimus is offline Banned
    yeah i dont see 265 when i look in the mirror...good call bro

i think its what makes us bb...if we were happy..we wouldnt do this to ourselves

I definitely think I have that! Can doctors prescribe something for it? Maybe some D-Bol, Tren , EQ, Test etc.... I know that sounds like a joke, but I'm seriously not kidding. They'll prescribe weed for someone who's lost their appetite due to cancer treatments. It seems reasonable to prescribe juice to someone who thinks they're too small.

im 6'4 295 and think i look small. i know im big but when i see my reflection i just think of how i can get my muscles to look bigger.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Do you squander hours away looking at your body in the mirror every day?
    Do you spend more than 2 hours in the gym each day?
    Are you always worried that your muscles look too small?
    Well, if you answered "yes" to any of these questions, be careful because you could be suffering from what doctors call "muscle dysmorphia" (MD) or what bodybuilders refer to as "bigorexia" and "reverse anorexia

someone should use this in his defense if they are ever in court for steroid possesion. "i couldn't help it your honor because i have muscle dysmorphia so i have to have steroids . If i didn't i would never leave my house" j/k

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Well, if you answered "yes" to any of these questions, be careful because you could be suffering from what doctors call "muscle dysmorphia" (MD) or what bodybuilders refer to as "bigorexia" and "reverse anorexia

Good call

Truth be told, as ludicrous as this might sound to some, there are probably people out there (with the right lawyer's) who could benefit from this defense.....In fact, I might be one of them.

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    Its publicised heaps over here in australia. They're always interviewing ex bodybuilders who suffered from it.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    i think i have it, i said yes to all three. people are saying im getting too big and that its getting ugly but HONESTLY when i look in the mirror i see a skinny azz weakling. im never satisfied. i dont wanna be big and bulky but ripped and cut but if i listen to my reflection i just may end up being like the hulk, anything i can do to combar dsymprphia?

SKiN is offline Member
    Go stand next to other people at the gym and look in the mirrow lol Always makes me feel big.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Happens to me too....as a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I was at a friends house and had to borrow a t-shirt...she said to grab one out of the dryer, she had some xl ones in there. Well, I grabed the 1st xl one I saw and held it up to see what was printed on it...the shirt seemed huge.....I hear the chick laughing from across the counter, saying to put it back and pick another...I was going to stretch and ruin that one.......I said no effing way this is too small...if anything its too big and will be very baggy.........I tried to put it on and could just barely get it on...by this point out of spite I guess.....the shirt was literally skin tight...I looked like 10lbs of sh!t in a 5lb bag...that was the 1st time I realized that I see myself (more subconsciously I guess) as smaller than I really am.

Im 5'9" 232lbs 12% bf

D

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    yeah i dont see 265 when i look in the mirror...good call bro

i think its what makes us bb...if we were happy..we wouldnt do this to ourselves
    i agree! i have the same disorder and i'm at 196

peaker is offline Senior Member
    220lbs, never happy!

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    muscell dysmorphia- ones preoccupation with ones body image,lack of muscell size..Its considered "reverse anorexia nervosa" opposite of starving. Prevelant among weightlifters & bodybuilders and evan fat people.. Yup that discribes myself! Buddies, always comment your getting to big(mostly my upper body as my legs are wimmpy partly due to motorcycle accident ,Tae Kwon Do, & cartiledge surgery). Of course I do not see that. Probably, from childhood,teenage days I was the smallest skinny kid who just partied. Now I see old high school buddies & they are either bald, fat, or just plain wimpy. Yea Im not the little skinny guy no more..........

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i think all bodybuilders have it. everyone who works out always says they think they are small, from my experience

I think i can speak for a lot of people on this board, I personally never feel big enough and I do not think I ever will...... people like ronnie coleman probably look in the mirror and say to themselves I am small I need to get bigger. When you get into the mindset that your never big enough all your want to do is get bigger and bigger.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree man, I'm 5'10 195lbs 8% and when I look in the mirror I see more like 150lbs, even though everyone I know tells me they'd kill to have the dedication and physique as I do. Its definetly real, but I doubt theres a way around it for us.

Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    Im another! Hence why I choose my name!

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think anyone has ever said, i am 100% happy with where i am.

i'm actually happy with my size right now.

if i could just get another 10 lbs on my legs.........

Thread Information