Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Not enough calories is a problem.....EASY WAYS TO FIX THAT

Ok, i know that this is the steroid forum but i believe that while on cycle, you must make sure you are in a positive calorie balance by a lot while bulking. Also i believe that it is very important to keep these calories as clean as possible. I know that this is a problem for some people so i thought it would be nice to get the members to share some of their quick calorie fixes that help if they arent able to make a full meal

I like to do this in the form of a shake:

2 cups 2% milk
    1.5 cups whole oats
    1 scoop protien

Ends up with around 55 gms protein, 775 calories and almost all of the carbs are complex....and the little sugar from the milk does me well. It is a shake, but with the large amount of oats it really is more like whole food. Just make sure you have a blender not a shaker.

Add on if you would like

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i have always thought about putting oatmeal in a blender, what does it taste like, when its blended, do u eat it or drink it...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Even less fat if you use water And an old trick...

SKiN is offline Member
    Sounds good.
    Hey Palme nice lookin dog. how big is he

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    THANKS Bros....... I have been dealing with this problem ALL day. Trying to get MORE calories but staying clean. Thanks again

yeah, i figured it has been done before.

For me, when im bulking i like the added calories and fat from 2%, but of course that can change.

I have actually never done it in water so i dont know what it is like, however, with a good tasting protein powder and milk (i have even done juice before) it is actually quite good. Just as long and you dont think thoughts of vomit the consitancy isnt bad. I figure im doing this for the calories, not for pleasure even though it is actually not bad. And it only takes me 30 seconds to do it start to finish.

PS--i cant eat 3 servings of oatmeal without a ton of sugar, but use the blender and it is cake

Pump101 is offline Junior Member
    Nice, going to try that later

John88Test is offline Member
    may sound stupid...but...eat lots of red meat...when ur at work or whatever...eat beef jerky...and lots of it...u can buy a HUGE bag for pretty cheap at Costco or Sams Club or whatever wholesale place u have around u....meat meat meat...

Do you use whey protein with that or what?

Quote Originally Posted by lfcdeke
    may sound stupid...but...eat lots of red meat...when ur at work or whatever...eat beef jerky...and lots of it...u can buy a HUGE bag for pretty cheap at Costco or Sams Club or whatever wholesale place u have around u....meat meat meat...
    very true...but for me the problem isnt finding an easy way to find quick protein--it has always been finding those complex carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryin2getHUGE
    Do you use whey protein with that or what?

yeah i use whey

what about all the extra sodium in jerky?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a complete MRP. Sometimes I add a banana/strawberries, Mixed with skim milk. The MRP has the complete protein profiles ie,whey, casien ect. Also during the day I have skim milk mixed with Just 100% whey. It adds up to approx. 80 g.. Along with 2 multi-vitamin in am & pm, flax oil, BCAA's. Glutamine peptide

wrong forum but on topic, so what is best to eat at work for clean calories? In addition to chicken breasts, egg whites, ham sandwiches, tuna, chicken salad, etc

wrong forum but on topic, so what is best to eat at work for clean calories? In addition to chicken breasts, egg whites, ham sandwiches, tuna, chicken salad, etc
    Like i said, protein isnt really the hard part. It is the complex carbs. It also depends on your job...for me mine is fast paced and i really cant sit down and eat a meal. I usually just drink lemonade over the entire shift which usually ends up being 500 or so sugar calories and i eat my chicken. Yes that is a lot of sugar but i am always on the move, and i try to even it out throughout the entire shift. If anyone has some good carb ways to do this without having a prepared meal that you need a fork for then let me know

A lot of MRP are very expensive and many of them lack a good quality carb source

Opey is offline Associate Member
    why dont you try a complex carb powder with your shakes? that is where i get alot of my carbs from.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    looking for a shake like this, im going to give it a try, trying to bulk up

bubbathegut is offline Member
    so its like eating vomit then right?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    so its like eating vomit then right?
    no not at all...just the consistancy is what i think eating vomit would be like. It is actually a pretty good taste as far as MRP is concerned, just has a thick grainy consistancy

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I like that shake, however if you are like me and embrace dietary fat instead of avoiding it then if you did it with whole milk it would have even more calories. I can eat all the fat I want and not get fat, but now sugar is another story. I go on a week long sugar binge I'm screwed. I'll gain like a mofo.

im going to make it with whole milk i need the cals

Quote Originally Posted by Opey
    why dont you try a complex carb powder with your shakes? that is where i get alot of my carbs from.
    complex carb powder...never heard of it. Where do you get it

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    im guessing you cook the oats first?

you can buy it on many sites, i think allsportsnutrition sells some, let me check

i dont think he cooks them. and the carbs in the past came with no flavor, and now they are all flavored so they are hard to mix. a vanilla protein shake doesnt taste good with orange carbs powder mixed in

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    complex carb powder...never heard of it. Where do you get it
    Me either. I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    im guessing you cook the oats first?
    nope...just put them it

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I never heard of complex carb powder either.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i take wheat bagels to work with me and can have a protien shake and a bagel (which i down in 3-4 bites) which works good for a fast good meal....2 scoops of whey with 16oz of whole milk is around 50g protein and the bagel is 55g carbs...

i saw this a couple of weeks ago...its really good....not many carbs but...2 cups of milk, 6 egg whites, 2 full eggs, and 2 huge scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream. and its like 1000 calories right off the bat. 6 eggs is like 400 calories...

i'll try yours but i have a stupid ?....you cook the oatmeal or just use it as is?

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    nope...just put them it

ok...never mind above....

im almost positive ive seen the complex protein powder on some web site, its sold in HUGE tubs, ill let you guys know

I like to throw two scoops protein powder (~45g's protein, minimal carbs and fat) in with some water and ice. Suck that down. Then slam atleast one cup of low fat cottage cheese. The cheese adds ~20g's protein, ~20g's carbs from sugar, and 2-3g's fat(figured off two cups). It's great before bed to get the fast absorbed whey protein and then sit on the slow absorbing protein from the cottage cheese for the rest of the night. Makes for less break in you fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    i take wheat bagels to work with me and can have a protien shake and a bagel (which i down in 3-4 bites) which works good for a fast good meal....2 scoops of whey with 16oz of whole milk is around 50g protein and the bagel is 55g carbs...

i saw this a couple of weeks ago...its really good....not many carbs but...2 cups of milk, 6 egg whites, 2 full eggs, and 2 huge scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream. and its like 1000 calories right off the bat. 6 eggs is like 400 calories...

i'll try yours but i have a stupid ?....you cook the oatmeal or just use it as is?
    I assume you're talking about bulking but the ice cream just doesn't sound wise to me unless on a cheat day. But that's just me and my body composition.

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    I assume you're talking about bulking but the ice cream just doesn't sound wise to me unless on a cheat day. But that's just me and my body composition.
    exactly...i mean that sounds like it is really good, but still a little too bad.

Dont expect the one i posted to taste like that lol

beefydragon is offline Member
    Don't get me started. I love beef jerky!!! Unforutnately they're so high in sodium... Otherwise I'd eat it all day.

BD

Like i said, protein isnt really the hard part. It is the complex carbs. It also depends on your job...for me mine is fast paced and i really cant sit down and eat a meal. I usually just drink lemonade over the entire shift which usually ends up being 500 or so sugar calories and i eat my chicken. Yes that is a lot of sugar but i am always on the move, and i try to even it out throughout the entire shift. If anyone has some good carb ways to do this without having a prepared meal that you need a fork for then let me know
    Well I have a sales job where I am at a desk basically all day. So I can eat whatever the diet gods tell me in order to get my darn calories ED. So any suggestions would be helpful. I am gonna do those shakes you suggested in the am and pm as well as protein shakes all day long and other food. So what should I do for clean calories, I can have the meals but I am picky. I dont do any seafood except tunafish, so I am picky.

beef jerky is crazy expensive, no?

Well I have a sales job where I am at a desk basically all day. So I can eat whatever the diet gods tell me in order to get my darn calories ED. So any suggestions would be helpful. I am gonna do those shakes you suggested in the am and pm as well as protein shakes all day long and other food. So what should I do for clean calories, I can have the meals but I am picky. I dont do any seafood except tunafish, so I am picky.
    Lucky you with the desk job...working my way through grad school is gonna be fun, not. Just make sure you dont premix the protein powders. Try to bring whole food to work it you can....some grilled chicken or steak. If not, can you make my shake at work...if so eat that there and then eat more whole food at home

how long have you been making these shakes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information