Methuselah is offline Member

Question about the first weeks of a cycle

I got off a cycle of test cyp and had some good gains. I came off the cycle taking 2 weeks of nothing and 10 days of HCG followed by one more week of nothing. I kept my gains and started the next cycle. It seems that just this week I’m losing mass. This cycle I increased the test cyp, added deca and nolvadex . I leaned out a little during the off cycle while keeping my mass (watched fat intake), but now, it appears that I'm losing mass. I'm eating tons and may be over training. I've lost an inch on my biceps.

Does it take 4 weeks for the cycle to kick in like the first one did?

Could it be that I lost water from the addition of nolvadex and just appear smaller?

I can't be dysmorphic because the tape speaks for itself. I'm going to weigh myself tonight.

36, 180 pounds, 5'10", b/f ?

1st cycle was 200 mg test cyp, kept 12 pounds through the end of the off cycle and through the first 2 weeks of this new cycle.

This cycle is 300 mg Test/300 mg Deca per week. Saturday injecting test, Wednesday injecting Deca. 10 mg nolvadex ed. 110 grams optimum nutrition whey protein (five shakes) in addition to my food every day. Shakes are about every 2.5 hours and right before bed. I took Hydroxycut for the first two weeks of this cycle and am just starting the third week; third deca shot coming up this Wednesday.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

coroner is offline Junior Member

Re: Question about the first weeks of a cycle

Originally posted by Methuselah
    I got off a cycle of test cyp and had some good gains. I came off the cycle taking 2 weeks of nothing and 10 days of HCG followed by one more week of nothing.

Does it take 4 weeks for the cycle to kick in like the first one did?

Could it be that I lost water from the addition of nolvadex and just appear smaller?

Suggestions? Thoughts?
    Let me see if I've got this right: you came off your last cycle, waited 1 month w/ no clomid or arimidex but used HCG, and then started a new cycle? Did you have any bloodwork drawn before starting this one? I'm just trying to see if I got it straight, that's all bro

The answer to your first question is yes. That or longer (deca doesn't hit me strong for 5-6 weeks). It is likely that you never fully recovered from the first cycle.

2. It's possible, but in your arms? that would be kinda wierd, eh? a whole inch? I kind of doubt it anyway. Are you sure you measured in the same spot, same time, same conditions-- same everything?

Yes. I recovered the cycle using only HCG because it was a low dose cycle and that's how my doc said to do it. Yes, an inch! I'll remeasure when they're hot and and pumped to make sure. I'm noticeably smaller when I look at myself.

p.s. thanks for responding.

Iron Ghost is offline New Member
    Maybe the hydroxycut just sped up the water loss. Did you gain a full inch from your cycle? Are you back to where you started? I would maybe stay away from the hydroxycut if you want to build as much mass as possible. Cause you just bloated up, then cut down for a few weeks and are just gonna bloat right back up again. An inch just seems like a lot, are you more cut in the bi's?

That's knd of what I'm thinking. I had nice gains but was a bit soft. Each of the components is easy, the cycle, the diet, the training. Tying them together is hard for a beginner. Thanks for the input, I hope to learn more from some of the others.

Secondly, I don't beleive that more gear is always better. But, I have enough deca to jack up the dose. What do you think about this?

p.s. Yes, I'm way more cut, especially in the triceps which is where most of the bulk was.
    Last edited by Methuselah; 02-18-2002 at 08:36 PM.

sharky is offline Associate Member
    no hydcut,test to at least 600mg/wk and deca to 400-450mg/wk. keep eating,the deca will take a little while. the size loss was most def. water but i doubt it was a full inch. keep it up and let us know. remember your body is going to be used to the test a little because of the short lay-off.

Thread Information