Opey is offline Associate Member

Angry Massive Headache

well, i was at the gym, getting ready to do shoulders and tri's. it was only on my second set with dumbell presses for my shoulders and my head started aching uncontrollably. i was going for 10 reps, and pain occured at 8th rep, so i immediately stopped. the pain was intense for about 10 minutes, and then started to slowly go away. i am at home now, and it is about 45 minutes after the incedent, and it is still here a little, but not much (took some advil also).

my question is this: i just finished PCT yesterday, which was 100mg clomid, .25mg l-dex, and 20mg nolva. could it have been from PCT at all? also, i am low carbing getting ready to start cutting. could this be a factor as well? maybe i just had a bad workout? any help would be greatly appreciated.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    it could be due to low carbing, i dont think the pct would have caused it

that is what i was thinking. i am fine sitting or standing still, until i start to move and walk. then it flares up. it has gone down considerably though.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    get your blood pressure checked out.

when you get dizzy or a sudden rush of blood to your head it could mean there is something wrong with your circulatory system.

you shouldn't see spots, or anything like that.

make sure you are staying hydated too, as all my bp issues usually are solved with drinking a surplus of water.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah get your blood pressure checked like now. Blood pressure is symptomless, however a complication from blood pressure called Transient Ischemetic Attacks can occur.

A transient ischemic attack (TIA) sometimes precedes an ischemic stroke. In a TIA, also known as a ministroke, strokelike symptoms develop but disappear within five minutes to 24 hours. TIAs can occur when a clot develops at the site of an atherosclerotic deposit but dissolves right away, or an embolism lodges in a narrowed vessel but is soon dislodged on its own. A TIA can also be caused by atherosclerosis alone when the narrowing of blood vessels by atherosclerosis restricts blood flow to part of the brain enough to cause strokelike symptoms. Regardless of the cause, the oxygen deprivation is not severe enough to kill brain cells, and the cells are able to bounce back from their injury. About 10 percent of ischemic strokes are preceded by TIAs.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_...Stroke.html#s7

wow, good info. i will def. get that checked. thanks for the responses.

toolman is offline Banned
    I've said it many time before...Guys, always check your BP daily on cycle. If you can spend a grand on gear, you can spend 80 bucks for an Omron automatic bicep cuff BP monitor.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    I've said it many time before...Guys, always check your BP daily on cycle. If you can spend a grand on gear, you can spend 80 bucks for an Omron automatic bicep cuff BP monitor.
    I concur, plus get your HDL, LDL, VLDL, Triglycerides, and total Chol. checked before starting a cycle.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Like all said get that BP quickly. Carbs may have something to do with it but would require very low intake

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    I have been off cycle for about 3 weeks now, even though i did not check on cycle. i will look into a bp monitor though, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Like all said get that BP quickly. Carbs may have something to do with it but would require very low intake
    It was actually absolutely no carb intake, but only for the second day. i am currently carb depleting.

the other day i was leg-pressing 14 plates, and i got a light headache when i was done, like i had pushed myself a little to hard. that could be part of the problem also. but earlier today when i got it, it was totally different. right above my neck to the left. kinda wierd.

Thread Information