jimmy21 is offline New Member

Question shoulder inj....r AS the answer??

Hi all, first up I would like to say that this site rocks, very informative. I need some advice re a shoulder injury.

A year ago I used to train 5 times a week making good natural gains, weighing in at 210lbs 5'11'. A boating accident (I hit the water awkwardly with my left arm travelling at 35knts) since then has halted my ability to train with my left arm. I have been to physios, chiropractors, masseurs, no luck. I have had numerous ultrasounds, x-rays but all of them have come up clear.

The pain is concentrated in my left tricep just above my elbow, it has the characteristics of a sharp needle like pain when pressure is applied. Rotating my left shoulder causes an audible clicking noise.

A month ago I dislocated the same shoulder swimming. Since then it has become more painful.

A friend recommended i visit a sports physician. He administered 3 glucogen injections over 3 wks and instructed me to do light weights in an attempt to strengthen the arm. Whilst proving to be helpful, the pain has persisted. Five days ago he gave me 50mg Deca into my shoulder blade. Since then I have to been to the gym and whilst there was a marked improvement (pain wise) the problem still persists.

What should I do now?? Is 50mg of Deca enough? Is Deca the right AS? Are AS the answer, if so, which ones? Do I need months of rehabilitation? Maybe an operation?

I am 22yrs old. Any comments are welcome. Thanks

kingjmack is offline Junior Member
    go back to your doc and tell him whats going on. sometimes he can be your best friend.

Thread Information