Casanova33 is offline Associate Member

How they used juice in the early years

i just had a pretty indepth conversation with my dad and his steroid use in the late 70's and early 80's. i told him that every cycle needs to have a test as its base. he was totally amazed. he said they used to base everything off of dbol . now my dad was a world class powerlifter at the time and had his juice prescibed to him by a doctor who was doing a case study about steroids and the effects on the body. he said they started off every cycle 12 weeks before their next powerlifting meetand the cycle would peak for the meet. they would start off with dbol only 1 pill a day. thats right 5mg a day for the 1st week. they would up it to 10mg ed for 2nd week. third week they would start taking anadrol 50 ed. 5th week they would take a anadrol and a dbol a day. eventually they increased the dosage and added anavar into the cycle. i was totally shocked that they took that low quanities of dbol and aas in general not to mention the damage their livers must of undergone. he didnt inject until his 3rd year of doing aas. he did oral only for the years before that. i have read about the sides effects of deca concerning the libido issue and he said he never got shot down on deca and im pretty sure he didn't even use anytest with that. is this current generation of lifters that much different than my fathers or can it be the juice is different somehow than the juice he took. think of what they could of done if they had our knowledge we do now. I just thought some of u would like to know this bit of information.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Is his liver swiss cheese? j/k

We have came a long way huh!?

no he drinks beer very often to this day and has never said anything being wrong with his liver. i forgot to mention they did have hcg and clomid back then and did use it. i doubt they used it right but they used it. he did say his blood pressure was high when he was juicin though.

Latimus is offline Banned
    you and your dad have some relationship..lol

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    his liver count must be screwed.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    a few years on orals only and 12 wk oral cycles ****

well at least he's ok

and get this, they didn't get their blood work done until they started injecting.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    once you stop dbol drol and other orals your liver values go back to normal the amazing thing about the liver is it has the ability to rebuild itself after you stop using for good

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    well u cant really tell how your liver is doing unless u get checked by the doc

but im glad he hasnt had any problems !!!

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, look at body builders from the 70's and then glance at the guys we got today. Big difference.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    yeh but the guys of today are taking a lot more gear than what they took in the 70's.

they also didn't have the elaborate stacks and cycles like they do today. they were the test subjects to see what worked.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    yeh but the guys of today are taking a lot more gear than what they took in the 70's.
    Uhhh.. ... I thought that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    they also didn't have the elaborate stacks and cycles like they do today. they were the test subjects to see what worked.
    And I have much respect for our forefathers. Without their trial and error it wouldn't be like it is today. It's just now we have it down to a science. Some serious freaks are being produced now a days.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    And I have much respect for our forefathers. Without their trial and error it wouldn't be like it is today. It's just now we have it down to a science. Some serious freaks are being produced now a days.
    my thoughts exactly. remember, the wise men would've never been made wise if it hadn't been for the fools mistakes in their stories. Not sayin your dad's a fool bro but simply sayin that due to their trial and error we can be better educated in the way we use gear

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    my thoughts exactly. remember, the wise men would've never been made wise if it hadn't been for the fools mistakes in their stories. Not sayin your dad's a fool bro but simply sayin that due to their trial and error we can be better educated in the way we use gear
    i fully understand and agree with u. im still trying to convince him that u need test as a base in any cycle. shows how far weve come since his day.

Thread Information