gator1298 is offline New Member

Testosterone results.......

I had some bloodwork done during my usual check up and everything is normal and I am very healthy but I had my test checked and it is 500.... Was wondering if that was good/bad/average for a 20 year old male?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member

spell

500 is normal, but at 20 yrs old I would expect higher. References for adult males are values between 260-1000 ng/dl. You fall in the middle. Mine is only 259 last blood test for me but im older. One more thing you need to realize its not the total testosterone that is paramount but the so called FREE TEST. This is what bind to receptors for real growth and impact. Reference is between 8-35 pg/ml. So you really have to have that checked FIRST

Froggy is offline Member
    Ya mon...you normal bro. Like the bluethunder said.
    Hey, if your going to get free test tested also, you might as well get all the "female" hormones tested as well...go all the way mon!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gator1298
    I had some bloodwork done during my usual check up and everything is normal and I am very healthy but I had my test checked and it is 500.... Was wondering if that was good/bad/average for a 20 year old male?
    You're in very good shape bro. Don't get caught up in thinking that the higher your natrual test levels are the healthier you are. That's not true. The normal range is a wide spectrum as noted by bluethunder. Technically, anyone within this range is still producing normal levels of testosterone and does not need any HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy). Yet, depending on the age of and the syptoms displayed by the patient, some doctors may prescribe HRT when levels fall into the mid 200 range.

Thread Information