mmafighter is offline New Member

Soreness when injecting DECA

I am currently on my first cycle. I am about to inject my third deca shot today. While injecting my previous two shots (2cc's a piece) I experienced soreness the day of, the day after, and even a third or fourth day after. From what I have read, deca shots are supposed to be relatively painless. The pain was so bad I was almost limping. I was doing glute injections with a 23G needle, following the advice listing on this site and others. I was wondering if anyone had any possible ideas as to why I am experiencing so much discomfort and soreness? Is it that I am injecting two quickly? I am not just slamming the plunger down all at once or anything. I injected into the left glute the first time, and the right glute the second, and both times i experienced soreness. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet

Re: Soreness when injecting DECA

Originally posted by mmafighter
    I am currently on my first cycle. I am about to inject my third deca shot today. While injecting my previous two shots (2cc's a piece) I experienced soreness the day of, the day after, and even a third or fourth day after. From what I have read, deca shots are supposed to be relatively painless. The pain was so bad I was almost limping. I was doing glute injections with a 23G needle, following the advice listing on this site and others. I was wondering if anyone had any possible ideas as to why I am experiencing so much discomfort and soreness? Is it that I am injecting two quickly? I am not just slamming the plunger down all at once or anything. I injected into the left glute the first time, and the right glute the second, and both times i experienced soreness. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What brand of gear are you shooting?

It's ** Deca at 300mg/ml. I also have some Norma from Greece, but I figure i will end the cycle with that. I'd rather use my crappy deca up on the first cycle.

THIS MAY HELP.....

I'M REAL NEW TO THE GAME ALSO BUT DID DECA TOO MY 1ST CYCLE LAST YR..ANYWAYS I ALWAYS USED 2 NEEDLES. 1 TO DRAW, THE OTHER TO INJECT. I HEAR THAT YOU CAN DULL THE NEEDLE ALITTLE WHEN POKING THROUGH THE RUBBER TOP..BUT I'VE HEARD SOME PEEPS SAY THAT THEY HAD PAINLESS INJECTIONS WITH THE SAME NEEDLE...PLUS I WARM EVERYTHING UP WITH WARM WATER BEFORE I INJECT

I use a different needle to draw then I do to inject. I will try warming it up. Anymore info from anyone would be great.

ARE YOU INJECTING IN THE UPPER OUTER PART OF THE GLUTE??AND IT ALSO MAY HELP IF YOU MASSAGE THE AREA AND IF POSS DO LEGS THAT DAY OR THE DAY AFTER...I THINK IT MAY TAKE 2-3 DAYS FOR THE OIL TO DISIPATE FROM THE AREA

Yes upper outer portion of the glute. I also massage the injection site as well.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    mr phatt ass....stop using caps. it's killing my eyes! as for the soreness, go slower than you were, and make sure you pull the skin tight. if you don't pull the skin tight, it will "trampoline", and that could cause the pain. is there any bruising? also, like the others said, make sure you're using two needles. one to pull and one to inject

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    when i got pain in my glute it was alyways from me moving the needle around too much while it was in my glute, due to asperating normally. (hey its hard to reach that far around ) anyways just be calm and steady , i never had to pull my skin tight, but you might wanna try that , just see what works, untill then good luck

ok thanks guys

sorry dane i dont wanna cause any trouble...just kinda my trade mark....
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 02-17-2002 at 10:47 PM.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    no big deal bro!!!

MindBomb is offline Member
    If you are new to the game, i suggest your quad injection...I found that beginners do better not moving the darts around if both hands could be used in full vision...Also pull skin tight as others have suggested...Clean injection sight before and after the shot...Take warm bath/shower to relax muscle before injecting...Don't strain, because if your muscle tighten up you'll get pain...Good luck bro.

Yeah I just noticed that when I inject, my hands are shaking terribly. This could be the reason for the pain.

Thread Information