Thread: Trip to Cancun

tcp
    tcp is offline New Member

Question Trip to Cancun

Thinking about making a trip for pleasure in next couple of months.
    What do you guys think about picking up a few things there.

Responses appreciated.....

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm cancun being in mexico

err

well, yea mexico is nice for gear, gear everywhere, but umm there's a lot of fakes from what ive read (i've never been, too far for me) and border crossing can be hard

tcp
    tcp is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    hmm cancun being in mexico

err

well, yea mexico is nice for gear, gear everywhere, but umm there's a lot of fakes from what ive read (i've never been, too far for me) and border crossing can be hard
    I will be flying..... Worth the risk?

hmm so that would mean you wouldnt have to cross the borders, but youd have to get it through airport security...its upto you i havent flown anywhere, i have no idea hiow tight/lax airport security is

jmp51483 is offline Member
    With as tight as security is now-a-days I dont know if I'd risk it.. Im in the same boat Im heading down there in August...

Quote Originally Posted by jmp51483
    With as tight as security is now-a-days I dont know if I'd risk it.. Im in the same boat Im heading down there in August...
    wouldnt getting them past airport secueity be easier than border control? put the gear in a suitcase in something else and such although im not sure if they check bags thoroughly or what the x-ray machines can see through

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    gear is too easy to get domestic, i wouldn't take a chance trying to bring it back on a plane

jmp51483 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by map200uk
    wouldnt getting them past airport secueity be easier than border control? put the gear in a suitcase in something else and such although im not sure if they check bags thoroughly or what the x-ray machines can see through
    Probably the best thing I could think of, if you were going to try it would be to buy Orals and put them in a big Ibuprofen bottle.. carry them across like that... I would imagine that would work wouldnt it?

ttuPrincess Guest
    NO the customs coming in from cancun is a biatch.. they took my friends nail file cause they said it could be a weapon... threw all her stuff on the ground, searched her entire bag.. they are brutal.. and i dont think you want to get thrown in a mexican jail to save a fwe bucks..

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Not worth the risk enjoy your vacation and get the gear when you come back. I have been pulled over in customs everytime I have flown back from mexico.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i was in cancun last month.. i was very surprised on how the airport check on the way back was almost nothing. i was expected to be searched well but if i had gear in my pocket they wouldnt have known.. i was actually searched better going into mexico for some reason.. it may be random checks....but i still would never chance it...

Thread Information