Lynn is offline Female Member

think i hit a nerve ?

I was trying to do my first quad shot this morning, pushed the needle in real slow, no pain was great then all of a sudden i must have hit something cause my muscle tensed up by itself and i felt a dull but quick pain, before i new it i had pulled the needle out. Did i hit a nerve or was i just starting to touch them muscle????
    Scare to inject again

bloodsweat&tears is offline Junior Member
    Its all right bro you just hit a nerve. Just re-inject it a few cm away from first injection spot.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Also don't push pin in slowly, you want to stab it. You will find doing it that way less painful and easier.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Yes. You are no longer a virgin.

Actually, Lynn, I don't intend to be offensive. But this is what I call "losing your quad virginity," and it knows no gender, impacting both males and females equally.

Yes, you hit a nerve. No big whoop, but you have come to know the weird sensation of having a sudden pain in your quad, which has more nerves in the immediate area than the glutes or delts. The sensation of that cold sweat that momentarily breaks across your face as you say to yourself, "Whoa . . ."

BS&T is right - just pull it out, find and swab another spot (I usually use the opposite leg when it happens) and go for it again.

Also, when doing the quads, use as thin a needle as possible. Even when I do oil-based injectables such as cyp, I use a 25 g. 1" needle for the quads. Yes, the shot will go slower (just take your time), but you will feel it much less than you will with a thicker needle.

Welcome to the fraternity. Um, the sorority. Hell, we don't discriminate here . . . welcome to both.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    I do quads almost all the time (i love em lol) and i get this sometimes. its nothing to worry about!

bloodsweat&tears, eye_candy and TNT are all right, just pick another spot, and go for it again. the first time i did this i sh*t!! lol but after a while you get used to it and just get on with it!

but remember to swab again!! i also ALWAYS use a new pin too, but thats up to you!

TNT: "losing your quad virginity" yeh like that bro!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Yes, but-but-but-but . . .

Originally posted by eye_candy
    Also don't push [the] pin in slowly, you want to stab it. You will find doing it that way less painful and easier.
    My gut tells me that eye_candy is right, but I have to admit that I never have the balls to just take a stab at my quads.

Probably goes back to the first time I hit a quad nerve. Once you feel that, you tend to take it slow, especially as you are actually watching the needle go in with a much better view than you would have of your delts or glutes. (On the other hand, I have never shot my own delts or glutes - I let someone else do them because two hands are better than one when it comes to angle and aspirating.)

If I do someone else's delt or glute, I go in with a swift motion. But when it comes to my own quads, the thought of stabbing them and hitting a nerve before I can pull back makes me think of, well, the sound of fingernails on a blackboard.

So I'll leave it to you, Lynn, to give it a try and report your findings to us.

Mr Spot Me is offline New Member
    I have to disagree...push slowly, you could do much more damage if you just jam it in, ie blood vessel, vain, nerve, anything, jmo

SM

Thread Information