Thread: vertical gear

Tonan is offline New Member

vertical gear

if you were to do a 1st cycle to help increase your vertical jump, what would it be? thanks for your insight

JuicedHound is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Dont do a cycle to try and increase your vert. Its not worth it. Your decision to do gear should be for better reasons than that. I would assume if your so interested in your vert, you are somewhat young. The bottom line is your gonna have to bust your ass to increase your vert. Whether or not you do a cycle. Get in the weight room and work it. Do jump ropes and stairs too. It worked for me when i was playing bball back in the day.

Tonan is offline New Member
    i had a 44" vert two years ago, so im familiar with how to work out in order to increase it. im looking for ideas on gear specifically to improve physical performance
    (agressiveness, energy endurance)
    and im 28, and had some injurys and a 2 year layoff about a year ago. im in good condition etc. im just looking for an edge on and off the court. (gym included)

smooth24 is offline New Member
    bump

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    I dunno if I would try it. I had a friend in high school who started for the varsity team. Very athletic... as he was only about 5'7 and could dunk, yes dunk, on good days. Well I saw him recently and he got huge. Was always a small guy, now weighs close to 190 lbs, all muscle, all because of AS. We were talking about bball and he said he still plays, but his jumping ability went down the tubes. I mean he can still grab rim but that's about it. He said the increase in his muscle mass (and weight), doesn't let him get that high anymore. Just a thought.. and this is straight from a guy who plays bball competitively.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Winstrol and plyometrics.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Tonan,

First off I am not going to claim to be an expert in AS, but I have done lots of explosive training and plyometric type training. I believe that the use of AS if used with correct training can, and would help a person become more explosive, and increase leaping ability. Just look at sprinters like Ben Johnson who used AS to gain explosive power and speed. But, I think it all comes back to how you train and your diet. You would have to focus your training on your quick twitch muscle fibers. Doing speed drills like box jumps, depth jumps, sprints, and jump rope. Doing these speed drills 3 to 4 days per week (depending on your body) with 2 days of weight lifting. I also think that the use of AS during explosive training would help aid in preventing injury and help with recovery. I know from having done explosive training it's very hard on the body. As far as what AS you should use? I don’t want to answer that, but I will tell you that when I start my training back up I will be looking at Anavar and or Primobolan . Hope this helped…

Thread Information