Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

High Blood Pressure Meds.

The doc is going to be putting me on some blood pressure meds to get my BP down. Can i still use AS. How about Clen ?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    How high is it?

142 over 80 something

Doc said it should be around 120 over 80

Deacon, Thats barely broderline High. 140/80 is borderline and if you are currently in a cycle it will most likely go back to normal when the cycle ends. Or you could have a very tiny slight case of white coat syndrome! It may elevate a bit just by being at the Doc's office...it happens all the time!

If I were you I would monitor it myself at your local fire station around the same time everyday for a while and average out the numbers for a more accurate reading.

BTW, what are your stats? are you overweight?

MJ

Currently not on a cycle. But i am considering going on one soon. But the doc insists on putting me on meds to lower the BP. I am just afraid that if i start taking the meds and go on cycle and my BP doesnt lower he might do something drastic. My BP has been high since my last cycle which probably ended around January of this year. Of course the Ephedra/clen doesnt help. I keep telling him that i am on ephedra so he doesnt get too concerned about it. But he seems to be insisting. Hes like "your blood pressure has been high the last three readings (which were about 3 months apart from each other), you know what this means? I have to put you on something.

Stats: 5' 7", 195 pounds, 21 years old (in a month), probably about 15% bf.

Opey is offline Associate Member
    do you think that he would freak out if you told him you juice?

Probably not, i am good friends with his son. But i dont intend on telling him. He is checking my test levels through blood i gave him. If they come back low which i am betting they will he might suspect that i do because he knows i lift all the time. And there is no way i could be my size with low testo in my system.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Well i had a pretty nasty incident with blood pressure which in turn landed me the hospital for a nice stay!!! High blood presure leads to other problems and yours has probably been kicked up rapid weight gain or possible STRESS on the kindeys and so on!! But it is possible that yours gets kicked up from just going into the DOCS office!!
    EVER since my incodent i bought a Blood p machine " Electric" and i take mine twice a day once in the morning and once at night and i chart it down... OBviously if you wake up and go to bed with a blood presure 140 over 90 or so you need to be MEDICATED!!! better be safe then sorry!!!!! TRUST me i have experience!!!

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    142 over 80 something
    That's nothing, try around 160 over 120.

Yes you can use BP meds on cycle.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    That's nothing, try around 160 over 120.

Yes you can use BP meds on cycle.
    Exactly.....160/110 is my average on cycle bp reading,yil my doc puts me on meds,then it comes down some.After the cycle is complete,my bp drops to the very normal range.
    I actually recommend you taking them bro.It will help,trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Exactly.....160/110 is my average on cycle bp reading,yil my doc puts me on meds,then it comes down some.After the cycle is complete,my bp drops to the very normal range.
    I actually recommend you taking them bro.It will help,trust me.
    i dont have any problems taking them. I just wasnt sure if it would mess up anything while on cycle.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    i dont have any problems taking them. I just wasnt sure if it would mess up anything while on cycle.
    I take them all the time bro...you'll be fine...they won't hinder gains.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    your doc is an idiot to put you on med at that ranger, you are in the normal borderline high. down with sodium and more water intake!

did he took a second reading after and a third one 15min after relaxed?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    your doc is an idiot to put you on med at that ranger, you are in the normal borderline high. down with sodium and more water intake!

did he took a second reading after and a third one 15min after relaxed?
    He may be right, usually once you start BP meds you stay on 'em forever! Try another Doc!

MJ

willlem is offline Junior Member
    that doc aint no doc.
    period.

mass junkie is offline banned
    you can always pm Doc M here on AR and get his opinion as well... he should be able to break it down for ya if you really want a 2nd opinion

toolman is offline Banned
    For all of you saying 140 is boderline and no need to treat, etc. you are wrong. 140 is the number you hit that dictates treatment. At that pressure, damage is being done.

I would however exhaust all other posibilities before going on medication. I am sure the ephedra/ clen is the culprit if you are still on it. Clen spikes my BP too high that I do not use it. You could also have white coat syndrome. That is when your BP rises out of fear of it being high and in the docs office. You should get an Omron automatic BP reader with the bicep cuff. It is worth every penny of the 80 bucks it costs. You can get them in drug store chains or off the internet.

If you are off all gear, clen, etc. and you keep getting those readings throughout the day, then you should be medicated. Your doc should have advised this route before being so quick to medicate. If you do go the medicated route, your often on it for life. No problem with that, but just a pain in the ass.

Good luck bro!

tugs is offline New Member
    Ive been on bp meds for over a yr--whats the big deal--it doesnt hinder gains--it keeps your bp down and it helps with bloating--this is a no brainer

I love how my original question turned into whether or not i should take them. But in the mean time my questions were answered. 1)Q: Can i still use AS? A: YES
    2) Q: Clen ? A: YES. Thanks everyone. I am not going to argue with my doctor. If he puts me on something i am going to take it, no questions asked.

Thread Information