RAM2500 is offline Member

Safe practice for injections

Hi, this is RAM2500's girlfriend. when he first started this he was going to WASH out the syringes and use them again, being a nurse I absolutely refused to help with this if this was his choice!!!!! bad thinking!!!
    Has anyone heard of microbiology!!!! microbes, ya know, bacteria, and how it grows. Anyone ever studied it at all, because a moist, warm, enclosed environment is a huge resevoir for bacteria growth!!!!!!! He told me that the person who gave him this stuff was very Knowledgeable about it all, and said they all wash out their syringes and re use them. this is unbelievable to me, for anyone to think this is smart and not understand that washing even with peroxide or alcohol could even come close to getting rid of the bacteria.
    You would have to sterilize a plastic syringe!!!!! how do you do that at home, not possible guys. We're talking big time infection here!!!!! use alcohol on injection site, preferable starting in a small circle in center of spot and working your way in a larger circle, carrying the bacteria to the edge of circle, I do it twice. Alcohol cleans and kills some things but not all, you want a clean site and wipe on bottle before you extract med. and make sure the syringe and needle have NOT BEEN opened prior to using them. You just set yourself up for infection. no fun!!!!! DONT reuse your syringe, unless you use it for oral use only, not injections. it is just as bad as reusing a needle. Also, the aspiration (pulling back slightly)for those few who may not know is in case you struck a vein, you don't want to inject directly into blood stream. Take out needle, get new one on syringe, and then reinject!
    just thought I would interject what I know as a nurse.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hey, a nurse, cool

yep, i follow all those, never reuse needles/syringes, and as many times as you tell people this, some still think they can, and they know better

but for a few pennies, why bother?

there should be a sticky on injection procedures, as numerous newbies ask if it is necessary to aspirate (which yes of course it is) although im sure 99% wouldnt read it

this is just common sense and anyone who would re-use a syringe is not ready to use. stop you boy before he hurts himself.

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    I always use new pins, however I do reuse the same pin (tip) to load everytime. Would this cause contamination to the gear even if I change to a new tip prior to injects?

Got me wondering now....

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher
    I always use new pins, however I do reuse the same pin (tip) to load everytime. Would this cause contamination to the gear even if I change to a new tip prior to injects?

Got me wondering now....
    Bro pins are CHEAPER than the the whole assembly. I always use 1 pin for deca , then use the same pin for my test. THEN I change pins and inject. THEN I throw out BOTH pins and the syringe. Its just not worth the chance of contaminating my gear, or myself. You may or you may not contaminate, but for the cheap price they are, its not worth the risk IMO.

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryin2getHUGE
    Bro pins are CHEAPER than the the whole assembly. I always use 1 pin for deca, then use the same pin for my test. THEN I change pins and inject. THEN I throw out BOTH pins and the syringe. Its just not worth the chance of contaminating my gear, or myself. You may or you may not contaminate, but for the cheap price they are, its not worth the risk IMO.
    same here, id rather pay the extra $$ and have a sterile, sharp ass needle

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    just tobe clear so u can use the Same pin to withdraw test + deca into a syringe than change pins and shoot, right....

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    just tobe clear so u can use the Same pin to withdraw test + deca into a syringe than change pins and shoot, right....
    Right. I use the loading pin, then switch pins to a new one and shoot. Also, do not re use a loading pin like someone above asked. Nothing worse than having an absess packed with gauze so avoid it and wash your hands and wipe everything down twice with alcohal swabs. Their cheap enough

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Pretty much common sence.... I even use a fresh pin to draw with everytime....... this stuff is way too cheap, and easy to get. Not worth being cheap and risking getting a infection.

RAM2500 is offline Member

Loading needles NO!. NO!.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher

Got me wondering now....

What ever pins or needles are being used,... once used, is used.!! Just think about it. when you load it, did you open it? did you put something in it?? how are you going to clean it next time around???? Will bacteria grow in it?? it sits there a day or two, and a huge amount of bacteria grows. and YES YOU probably Have already contaminated your med, if you have used ANY needle more than once. If it has been opened, bacteria can even grow in dry places and even an unused open syringe has risks. This would never be used in health care place, would be thrown away.
    Who ever said there should be a loading pin???? Inside the needle is that stuff you drew up, and it is impossible for it to be sterile the next day, day after day, thats like drinking out of a glass and rinsing it out once or twice, put in on the sink day after day and using it when ever you want something to drink and never really washing it. GROSS!! except now you're injecting it into your body, where as drinking goes to the stomach acids which kills most bacteria.. very risky
    RAM2500's girlfriend---RN

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    A decent set of pins run less than 1/10 of the cost of most (good) cycles. Reusing a pin sounds like plain laziness to me. I agree w/ your post.

wolar32 is offline Junior Member
    I don't reuse pins, but I do reuse syringes. I just boil them. Sometimes I don't even boil them but discard after 3 uses. Since 1991 I have never had an infection. I am a PA student and I know it is quite common for diabetics to reuse their syringes(and sometimes pins) often. If you do reuse you just have to make sure you place it back in its protective sheath. It is just not recommended by the maufacturer.

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM2500
    What ever pins or needles are being used,... once used, is used.!! Just think about it. when you load it, did you open it? did you put something in it?? how are you going to clean it next time around???? Will bacteria grow in it?? it sits there a day or two, and a huge amount of bacteria grows. and YES YOU probably Have already contaminated your med, if you have used ANY needle more than once. If it has been opened, bacteria can even grow in dry places and even an unused open syringe has risks. This would never be used in health care place, would be thrown away.
    Who ever said there should be a loading pin???? Inside the needle is that stuff you drew up, and it is impossible for it to be sterile the next day, day after day, thats like drinking out of a glass and rinsing it out once or twice, put in on the sink day after day and using it when ever you want something to drink and never really washing it. GROSS!! except now you're injecting it into your body, where as drinking goes to the stomach acids which kills most bacteria.. very risky
    RAM2500's girlfriend---RN

i agree with you.....but your gear getting infected from using the same drawing pin from a few days prior, should be slim to none, the benzyl alcohol in the gear would take care of any bacteria

Latimus is offline Banned
    i like using the same needle each time...i call him pokey...he doesnt have any measurements on him anymore...they have all worn off...but im not dead yet so it must be fine.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    i like using the same needle each time...i call him pokey...he doesnt have any measurements on him anymore...they have all worn off...but im not dead yet so it must be fine.
    LMFAO!

On a serious note, anyone who reuses their pins or syringes needs to get their head examined.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolar32
    I don't reuse pins, but I do reuse syringes. I just boil them. Sometimes I don't even boil them but discard after 3 uses. Since 1991 I have never had an infection. I am a PA student and I know it is quite common for diabetics to reuse their syringes(and sometimes pins) often. If you do reuse you just have to make sure you place it back in its protective sheath. It is just not recommended by the maufacturer.
    Bro if you are a PA student you can steal all the pinz you need...Why reuse???

Thread Information