Thread: test only?

jimmij is offline New Member

Question test only?

Hi, I've been reading for about a year now and think i'm ready to do a cycle... Since it is my first i was thinking just test enanthate only, i'm thin and want to keep alot of my gains and noticed this choice was poor for retaining gains post-cycle. Since it is my first cycle I do'nt want to push it,do you think think 10 weeks of enanthate at 400 mg and deca at 300 mg, both per week is a good first choice? I know about post cycle but was curious if it is smart to use nolvadex during cycle or just to use in case of signs of gyno. I ask if deca is too much for my first time? and also what were anyone's experiences with a test only cycle and how did they react to a simliar test+deca cycle? Also any suggestions would be nice.

Thank you

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    run 500 mgs ed enth 2 shots a week,for 10 weeks, dont need deca for a first cycle, use 10 mgs ed nolva on, and 20 mgs ed off, you will get good results and keep your gains with proper pct and diet and training

SKiN is offline Member
    That threw me off too when i first started researchin... Test only is great for first cycle and retaining gains... IMO you would be fine with 400mg for 10 weeks.If you really wanna stack it with deca you could run it like this...

Test 1-12wk 400mg
    Deca 1-10wk 300mg
    Nolva & B6 throughout
    Pct

And it is smart to run nolva throughout... much better to prevent gyno that try to stop it..

needle is offline Senior Member
    400 mg of test is all you need! Im on my 2nd T 200 cycle with 400 mg weekly. Other memebers have had great results with even less- 300 mg weelky so you will do fine.
    Save the DECA for your 3rd 4th cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    run 500 mgs ed enth 2 shots a week,for 10 weeks, dont need deca for a first cycle, use 10 mgs ed nolva on, and 20 mgs ed off, you will get good results and keep your gains with proper pct and diet and training
    I think deca for a first cycle is a very wise choice, and enanthate at 250mg/week only.

Please explain why he doesn't need deca for a first cycle.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmij
    Hi, I've been reading for about a year now and think i'm ready to do a cycle... Since it is my first i was thinking just test enanthate only, i'm thin and want to keep alot of my gains and noticed this choice was poor for retaining gains post-cycle. Since it is my first cycle I do'nt want to push it,do you think think 10 weeks of enanthate at 400 mg and deca at 300 mg, both per week is a good first choice? I know about post cycle but was curious if it is smart to use nolvadex during cycle or just to use in case of signs of gyno. I ask if deca is too much for my first time? and also what were anyone's experiences with a test only cycle and how did they react to a simliar test+deca cycle? Also any suggestions would be nice.

Thank you
    how old are you?

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    by the way i would just run test e at 500mg a week for your first cycle. with proper pct you'll keep most of the gains.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    You say that you are thin, what are your stats(age,workout history, diet, etc)? I think you have not reached your maximum potential naturally, so therefore I have to say stay away from AAS at this point and continue to do it naturally for atleat another year. Then look into a test only cycle...

MrDezel is offline Banned
    The reason I would say not to run deca in his first cycle is simple (My opinion only, so don't freak on me). His receptors are fresh and any juice he adds to his system will help him benefit greatly. Even as low as 250mg a week would produce descent gains (Mind you I said descent, not great). I found deca to be a little rough for a first timer. It really shut me down hard and I know I'm not the only person to experience this side.

So with that being said I think Test alone would be fine. I know a lot of people who have done Test and Deca and looooved it but there are also ones who weren't happy with it.

my 2 cents

daos is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmij

Thank you

you have been reading here for a year and you do not know the answers to these simple questions? sounds like you need to do more research. JMO

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    500 test e 1-12
    10 mg nolva 1-14
    400 eq 1-11

pct 15-18 clomid 100mg nolva 20mg

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceinthehood
    500 test e 1-12
    10 mg nolva 1-14
    400 eq 1-11

pct 15-18 clomid 100mg nolva 20mg
    OR
    500mg test enth wk1-12
    400mg deca wk1-10
    10mg nolva, 20mg B-6 throughout and PCT

I have a bias opinion. I like a test only cycle, but I feel that you should use some sort of secondary anabolic like deca or eq. JMO. Doses for the first timer should be kept to a minimum, but I like using two compounds for a first timer. Not an oral though, because most people like dbol and that bloats ya out-or at least it does me. JMO though.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    i like a test only cycle also for 1st time users i would say add eq rather than bcuz he is looking for quality lean gains that will stay with him longer thats what eq does as well as give u more of an appetite beginers usually screw up on their diets bcuz they do not eat enough which is imo the most important part of a cycle no diet no proper gains with eq he might not face that problem

plus i just love test e and eq cycles i always had awesome results

Thread Information