Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depression

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Blue thunder if you are applying your post to me then 1) I dont have a previous diagonosed Depression condition. 2) I am too young to be on HRT there are other ways to get my natty test level up. The doctor will try those first. Before he puts me on HRT. 3) I am not taking any anti-dep drugs 4) If you are replying to someone elses post please quote it so people know who you are talking about.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that bro. I get the same way. I am such a more positive person while on. Since I already have low levels since childhood, then I am beginning to wonder if I will ever come off Test again....I obviously will lower my dosage while not on a cycle, and just continue with HRT.

You need anything from me, Just let me know!!!!

BLT

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Sorry to hear that bro. I get the same way. I am such a more positive person while on. Since I already have low levels since childhood, then I am beginning to wonder if I will ever come off Test again....I obviously will lower my dosage while not on a cycle, and just continue with HRT.

You need anything from me, Just let me know!!!!

BLT
    Thanks BLT, its always good to hear from you. I found out today though that taking a nice cruise on the bike can deff. relieve some stress. In fact today has been a good day. I got myself into the gym and got a lot of things done. I even had to go to court for a traffic ticket and although the result of it left something to be desired, i didnt let it get me down.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Thanks BLT, its always good to hear from you. I found out today though that taking a nice cruise on the bike can deff. relieve some stress. In fact today has been a good day. I got myself into the gym and got a lot of things done. I even had to go to court for a traffic ticket and although the result of it left something to be desired, i didnt let it get me down.
    You should of seen me the 4 days I missed with my PROP injections! I was in complete depression. My girlfriend thought I was crazy. But, like you, a good bike ride always seems to help along with lifting.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Demon deacon my mistake. I misread & was reading dogsofwar thread about anti-dep. Yes I know if your young HRT may not be for you I only said assuming you were 35+. At any rate hang in there bud & sorry for the misunderstanding. peace out

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    Try L-tyrosine. It is a non-essential amino acid. It is a building block for several important brain chemicals, tyrosine is needed to make epinephrine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine, all of regulate mood. Deficiences in tyrosine have been associated with depression-There are many studies on this if you do your research-but it's an alternative to taking anti-depressants.

good luck

cb

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    I think more that 75% of us go through this. I just try to maintain weight and look forward to the next cycle. There are alot of other things in life to look foward to.. Take time off , relax and try to enjoy life...Push yourself to get through it, quiting anything is not the answer... Good luck brother...

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey sorry to hear you're having problems. It sounds like from your previous posts that you went into your last cycle without having recovered fully from your previous, so that would explain why you're having a hard time recovering from this one. I keep reading it takes six mos to fully recover from deca in any case and it looks like you didn't do test during or PCT after your deca cycle (correct me if I'm wrong) so it seems logical you'd be going through a low point now. I think your plan to just stay off gear until you've had a good recovery and then some is a good one.

Good luck and I hope it picks up for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Hey sorry to hear you're having problems. It sounds like from your previous posts that you went into your last cycle without having recovered fully from your previous, so that would explain why you're having a hard time recovering from this one. I keep reading it takes six mos to fully recover from deca in any case and it looks like you didn't do test during or PCT after your deca cycle (correct me if I'm wrong) so it seems logical you'd be going through a low point now. I think your plan to just stay off gear until you've had a good recovery and then some is a good one.

Good luck and I hope it picks up for you soon.
    Yeah, you're right on. The doc just took some blood to check my test level. He doesnt know i took AS. So i am not really sure what he would do to fix it. But hopefully it will be fixed.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your situation bro. I am in PCT now and it sucks. I feel the same way you do. I have been trying to count the positive things going on now.

Plan for a long recovery and hopefully you will be fine.

georgie24 is offline Member
    get some inositol and 5-htp i swear those 2 otc supps will take the edge off everything. it wont cure it but it will be easier to cope with things

Georgie24 I have that exact same bike

Georgie24 I have that exact same bike
    And today it was my stress reliever. Boy did it do wonders.

Hey DD how are you doing? Have you heard from your doc yet?

If you search around you may find threads about post-PCT use of Clomid if it turns out your test levels are still low. Like 50mg/day for a couple weeks. And if you're hypogonadic (i.e. you balls are still shrunk) you should do some of that HCG first, then start the Clomid after a couple days. If your doc doesn't know you've done gear he may think you need HRT, when it's not really the problem.

j.r.w. is offline Associate Member
    I was wondering the same thing....What health problems were you referring to?

No blood tests havent come back yet. Either monday or tuesday. And i will post the findings here. I might have a slight case of hypogonad... but I do have some HCG lying around. That may be a choice. It will deff. be a choice if he tries to give me HRT.

Quote Originally Posted by j.r.w.
    I was wondering the same thing....What health problems were you referring to?
    High Blood pressure, Low sex drive.

If your bodyfat is too high reducing it would help a lot to lower your blood pressure. Maybe you could concentrate on doing that and promise yourself no more cycles til you get it low enough. I sure wouldn't touch the stuff if my BP was high anyway. I hope you're doing cardio regularly and cutting down on the calories gradually.

Well the doc says my BP is high but its reallly only 140 over 80 something which from what i hear is boder line. But i have really been finding it hard to motivate myself to do anything.

That includes sticking to a good diet.

Well i think its safe to say that after a much needed vacation from work where i traveled to a few citys to see some baseball games and I am moving into an apartment later this week with my best friend that it is safe to say that my depression is over. Also i am changing my major and am considering going into the military to be a pilot this changes makes my new moto in life one thats "who wouldnt want to be me (keith urban song)" Thanks for everyones support

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Signs of Depression
    Sudden change in eating habits.
    Sudden change in sleeping habits.
    Giving away possessions or making a will (aka the "Dead Giveaway").
    Sudden mood swings.
    Sudden changes in appearance (clothing/hair style, lack of hygiene).
    Tendency to isolate self for extended periods, resenting requests to come out of isolation.
    Withdrawal from friends and other close relationships, including family members.
    Sudden changes in communication patterns.
    Uncustomary passivity, lack of emotional response, or "lashing out" inappropriately.
    Suddenly limiting interaction to one particular friend -- probably the "sounding board" for your child's feelings and emotions-- make contact with this person and insist that he or she disclose whether your child has mentioned hurting or killing himself. Ask this person if she/he thinks your child needs help. (This was one of the few clues we had, and had there been one more day, we might have acted on it instinctively. As it is, he gave us no time. The last person to talk to Trevor was his special friend. They were still talking on the phone when we went to bed on the last night of his life.)
    Unwillingness or reluctance to discuss the future.
    Saying things like
    I won't be here.
    You won't have to deal with me.
    You'd be better off without me.
    Life is meaningless.
    Death is probably a solution to my problems.
    Would you miss me if something happened to me?
    I think I might be crazy/insane.
    Romanticizing death.
    Listening exclusively to death-related, depressing music.
    Lack of interest in usually enjoyable activities.
    Resentment, belligerence, or disdain toward optimistic outlooks (happy music, happy endings)
    Inability to compromise or see alternative (i.e., more optimistic) viewpoints.
    Decline in grades not attributable to any particular reason.
    Decline in physical activity or frantic, compulsive behavior.
    Sleeplessness and irritability.
    Headaches, stomach-aches, and other "vague" physical discomforts.
    Inability to concentrate.
    Generalized anxiety or despondency.
    Onset of "risky" behaviors, such as
    reckless driving, skating, bike-riding, swimming alone
    drug-experimentation
    sexual promiscuity
    fighting, baiting others towards physical confrontation
    self-mutilation
    fascination with guns, knives, fire, death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be especially vigilant is your child is male, romantic, bright and/or sensitive. For some reason these boys are especially vulnerable to completing suicide. Wish someone had told us that.

Other risk factors include:
    Parents divorce
    Parental Alcohol/Drug abuse
    Prolonged illness (mental or physical) of a parent or sibling
    Death in the family
    Uprooting during adolescence (changing custodial parent, moving, etc.)
    ADD and Learning Disorders
    Lack of faith (not any particular religion, but lack of faith in a higher, benevolent power)
    Low self-esteem, poor self-image
    Trouble making and/or keeping friends
    Compulsion to succeed (be perfect)
    First born/middle born
    Child does not handle rejection/criticism well
    Child easily frustrated
    History of depression/suicide (attempts or completions) in family
    If you have not had extensive discussions with your child about teen stresses and emotional changes
    If you had a tough time as a teen, chances are your child will, too.
    I will continue to add to this list as I learn more.

Be sure to read about triggering events frequently associated with teen suicide.

Depression and other mental illness is poorly understood. Part of the reason is we don't manage pain well in our society. Rooted deep in many of our religious beliefs is the notion that human pain and suffering are God's retribution for our sins. Suffer on Earth so that we may attain eternal bliss in heaven. What a sad paradox. Add to this the culturally-rooted idea that showing pain openly is wrong:

Hmmmmm.....didnt read my last post huh?

Latimus is offline Banned
    this might sound dumb...but i like to go on creatine between cycles...so like do a 12 week cycle...then PCT...before you konw it you are on again...and the creatine helps with the mental part...still feel like you are on something

sorry to hear you are depressed about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    this might sound dumb...but i like to go on creatine between cycles...so like do a 12 week cycle...then PCT...before you konw it you are on again...and the creatine helps with the mental part...still feel like you are on something

sorry to hear you are depressed about it...
    you also did not read this thread

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Change is good bro it breaks you out of the old routine and gets that mental thing stimulated.
    Last edited by Fat Guy; 08-07-2004 at 01:10 AM.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Blue thunder if you are applying your post to me then 1) I dont have a previous diagonosed Depression condition. 2) I am too young to be on HRT there are other ways to get my natty test level up. The doctor will try those first. Before he puts me on HRT. 3) I am not taking any anti-dep drugs 4) If you are replying to someone elses post please quote it so people know who you are talking about.
    I am finding, now that I've been on 6 month cycle going onto 7 months and will take until 8th month to PCT... I am really dredding having to do a PCT. I know I need to... darn, when I got stocked for my cycle started in March, I planned to do a 2 month cycle... it went wrong because I ordered supplies for 2 cycles... well when end of cycle came.. its like... oh hell let me just do one more 10 ml testosterone ,.. then I did it again... got stocked up for yet a 3rd and 4th cycle when in Mexico and now I am doing it again... I hope this reluctance to quit isnt a sign I am becoming addicted. I almost went into PCT a couple weeks ago, I was all ready to go but on day #10 after last injection... I was feeling that depression you are talking about and I didnt last... I broke into the sust I had for a future cycle... now I am mucked up... **** sust takes 4 weeks to wear off before PCT actually begins.

I need to get some friggen HCG to make sure my leydig's dont take a hopeless beating from all this..... my nutz were really starting to ache and shrink the last couple weeks until I resumed taking tribulis and tongkat ali. At least the nutz quit aching and they seem somewhat bigger and hanging lower then a few days ago. And who knows what I'd done to my cholesterol and blood pressure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information