Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general31 is offline Associate Member

Needleless injections?

I was looking through a MD magazine and found a little article on a new product that will deliver an injectable solution through your skin without piercing the skin. I am not sure if it would go deep enough for AS or not but it was worth checking out. I found 1 company on the net that offers 3 different ones and they are $595.00. A little steep right now but I read more companies are going to start to produce them, ie. more companies producing = lower prices. Might be kind of cool in the future.

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by general31
    I was looking through a MD magazine and found a little article on a new product that will deliver an injectable solution through your skin without piercing the skin. I am not sure if it would go deep enough for AS or not but it was worth checking out. I found 1 company on the net that offers 3 different ones and they are $595.00. A little steep right now but I read more companies are going to start to produce them, ie. more companies producing = lower prices. Might be kind of cool in the future.
    I dont mind needles but if this is true and would work for AS.. this might be something id check into. OH and that price needs to go down a little. Im going to look into this

Run a search under needleless injections, I did not look at many but there might be some good articles. The MD article said a company in Minneapolis is trying to perfect the S**T, I guess it looks like an ink pen.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    how is it an injection if it DOESN'T PIERCE THE SKIN!!!?? I believe you, just think the wording is weird

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    how is it an injection if it DOESN'T PIERCE THE SKIN!!!?? I believe you, just think the wording is weird
    because it still injects a substance into your body.. just without any penetration..

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    It's not for IM use.

but to inject a substance into ur body, you have to break the skin, have to have to

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrit55
    No the wording is fine. I am looking at the article right now. Headline: Needleless Injection Device Coming Soon! It says it pushes a tiny jet of what ever you are shooting through the skin. That is why I am not sure if it would work for AS because you need to get into the muscle, but who knows!

No the wording is fine. I am looking at the article right now. Headline: Needleless Injection Device Coming Soon! It says it pushes a tiny jet of what ever you are shooting through the skin. That is why I am not sure if it would work for AS because you need to get into the muscle, but who knows!
    ok i m just gonna say I dont get it and come back tomorrow when everyone else has figured it out. night

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    it has to pierce the skin just not as big as a needle would. the only other way it would go in would be osmosis and that is unlikely

thank you

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    logic is our friend

I dont know if this is what youre reffering to but it can be used on livestock.

http://www.partnershipsforprosperity...elton-4-02.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    logic is our friend
    I think I will disagree w/ both of you. If you take an air compressor w/ no restrictor on the end you can push air into your blood stream and it can kill you. So it would be possible to also push a solution through your skin. I am not an expert by far, but LOGIC tells me if a company is spending money on it, it works. And there are already some on the market for insulin use. Your skin can absorb solutions so I would assume at the right pressure a solution could pass through. My .02$

Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    it has to pierce the skin just not as big as a needle would. the only other way it would go in would be osmosis and that is unlikely
    there is no needle involved.... logic is our friend

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Skin is a living breathing organ and needs to be thought of as something more than just a barrier to break through to get in to your muscle. It has many amazing properties and things it can do. You are absorbing things through your skin all day long. And tiny organisms are doing the opposite all day as well. I could see this working but I don't know about it being applicable to IM injects.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchtime
    there is no needle involved.... logic is our friend
    Me like logic, logic me freend. :spudnikcr

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Skin is a living breathing organ and needs to be thought of as something more than just a barrier to break through to get in to your muscle. It has many amazing properties and things it can do. You are absorbing things through your skin all day long. And tiny organisms are doing the opposite all day as well. I could see this working but I don't know about it being applicable to IM injects.
    That has been my point all along. It seems more resonable for diabetics and small children that are deathly afraid of needles, not AS users. I guess we can only hope. It would put an end to wondering if our gear or or injection site was contaminated though

Me like logic, logic me freend. :spudnikcr
    is that a potato smilely!!

That has been my point all along. It seems more resonable for diabetics and small children that are deathly afraid of needles, not AS users. I guess we can only hope. It would put an end to wondering if our gear or or injection site was contaminated though

did you click on my link??
    it does say it can be used on livestock..hmm

is that a potato smilely!!
    Yup, it's the craziest looking one I could find.

:spudnikdi Other than this, man disco is crazy.

Quake is offline Member
    Ever used the nicotine patch? I have, and it worked, believe me! It worked so well I couldn't use it for longer than a week due to the adverse affect it was having on me, nausea, light headedness, giddiness, upset stomach.

It'll work, trust me, it'll work!

did you click on my link??
    it does say it can be used on livestock..hmm
    You are looking at something different. The ones I am talking about would not even go through the skin on a cow. They are made by pharmicutical companies not vet companies. Why would a farmer worry about hurting a cow w/ a little prick. Christ they inject ten finaplix pellets behind their ears to make them grow, I think a 10g needle would not even cause a cow to udder a word. Hmmmmmmm

I think a 10g needle would not even cause a cow to udder a word. Hmmmmmmm
    Not on one of those abuse farms they raise them on. A real cow that isn't mistreated would react. But that's a different story.

Not on one of those abuse farms they raise them on. A real cow that isn't mistreated would react. But that's a different story.
    I will agree. I am by far not a vegitarian, but I think any farm that raises cows for beef or milk is an abusive farm. A farmer hooks up 300 cows to pumps for their entire lives and all they do is stand in one spot for years eating s**ting and producing milk, thats abuse. But it will not stop me from mixing some milk w/ my protein shakes Unless you are a field farmer that has the betsy family pet, your going to do what you can for the most yield.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    lets wait for the prices to come down.. the pins will cost more than some cycles

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    lets wait for the prices to come down.. the pins will cost more than some cycles
    No doubt there. From what I gather, you will only need to buy one for ever. But still $595.00 thats like a bazillion regular pins!

I will agree. I am by far not a vegitarian, but I think any farm that raises cows for beef or milk is an abusive farm. A farmer hooks up 300 cows to pumps for their entire lives and all they do is stand in one spot for years eating s**ting and producing milk, thats abuse. But it will not stop me from mixing some milk w/ my protein shakes Unless you are a field farmer that has the betsy family pet, your going to do what you can for the most yield.
    Yeah, I don't want to paint myself a vegan or anything but I feel some empathy for those animals we treat like ... uh, cattle. We knowingly abuse them enough that they got their own saying. That being said, I can't wait to make burgers when I get home.

Yeah, I don't want to paint myself a vegan or anything but I feel some empathy for those animals we treat like ... uh, cattle. We knowingly abuse them enough that they got their own saying. That being said, I can't wait to make burgers when I get home.
    Yes, it is a disgusting, sad life we beef eaters live, but g*dd**n I love it

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Thanks for the link, I guess there will need to be a lot more refining of the product before we can start chubb'in it up about needleless injections. Thanks again.

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    Doesn't the Army use something along the lines of injection with compressed air. I dont know if its with IM injection or just water based??

HM

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodM3
    Doesn't the Army use something along the lines of injection with compressed air. I dont know if its with IM injection or just water based??

HM
    Yes Einstein's link has some info on the Army using a compressed air type injection for speed and sterility. I don't think it is IM though.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    it says for aquas based as. Not very many injectabels are water based!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I think its probably subcutaneous not IM

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    http://www.bioject.com/ - makes an IM

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    It can only be for water bases. There's no way you could do it with an oil based solution. Can you imagine the pressure it would take to push 1ml of AS IM!?

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Actually as of late this has become quite a hot topic, trying to make these "needleless syringes" more mainstream for patient use (especially with the diabetic patient). However, I have noted in the hospital its use for both local anesthesia as well as local steroidal infiltration such as in the use of keloids(essentially scars) and biopsies...

I feel the main deterrent is price...as well as that needless does not mean painless. And the pressure burst that sends the product through the epithelium still is piercing the epithelial layer...so a sensation still is felt...although the "white coat hypertension-like effect" is reduced.
    Last edited by HeartDocMD; 07-14-2004 at 01:19 AM.

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    My gf is diabetic and she was talking to her doc about this i wasnt payin much attention to her but ill see what he said about it.Im sure they are introducing this for diabetics to take there shots.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    because it still injects a substance into your body.. just without any penetration..
    Im almost certain this is directed for diabetics in insolin dependant stages.
    Even the needleless blood readings is a huge success for them.
    Having to poke their finger two to three times a day and then having to inject insolin two to three times a day gets to be wary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information