pinhead is offline Junior Member

New Customs Law???

I'm going on vacation and I was reading the customs website when I came across this

U.S. residents entering the United States at international land borders, who are carrying a validly obtained controlled substance (except narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or LSD), are subject to certain additional requirements. If a U.S. resident wants to bring in a controlled substance other than narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or LSD, but does not have a prescription for the substance issued by a U.S.-licensed practitioner (e.g., physician, dentist, etc.) registered with and authorized by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to prescribe the medication, the individual may not import more than 50 dosage units of the medication. If the U.S. resident has a prescription for the controlled substance issued by a DEA registrant, more than 50 dosage units may be imported by that person, provided all other legal requirements are met.

Please note that only medications that can be legally prescribed in the United States may be imported for personal use. Be aware that possession of certain substances may also violate state laws.

Has anyone tried this any comments???
    Last edited by pinhead; 07-01-2004 at 05:47 PM.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    You go ahead and try it... let me know how it works out for you.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    What that says is that it isn't illegal to import more than 50 dosage units, but the mere possession of it once in the country is illegal, so you won't get far with it.

-moto

nitro884 is offline Junior Member
    keep us posted on how it went, when you come back.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    What that says is that it isn't illegal to import more than 50 dosage units, but the mere possession of it once in the country is illegal, so you won't get far with it.

-moto
    Thats EXACTLY what it says because the STATE LAWS say NO WAY. So once you get into the US you are done. But if you wanna try it let me know how it works out for ya

I can't get AS in the country I'm going to I was curios as to whether or not anyone had attempted it or not thanks for your $ .02 moto

01-29-2003, 08:34 PM
    Buy all of your supplements for up to 30% BELOW WHOLESALE at www.AllSportsNutrition.com
    ichabodcrane
    Associate Member Join Date: Mar 2002

Actually you can!!!! I have done it, as well as a handful of other people I know as well. Go to Elite and I know some bros have done it from there as well. You can find the logistics at the us customs site. Print a copy of the ammended law (must be .pdf). If you don't believe me call your local customs agency, and if the person you talk to is dumb, talk to a supervisor. There are restrictions however but you will find it all on the customs web site. Go ahead and call me a liar, but next time you come to NM I will take you myself, and when it's all said and done you can buy me a beer

Found this while doing a search

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    Buy all of your supplements for up to 30% BELOW WHOLESALE at www.AllSportsNutrition.com
    ichabodcrane

Actually you can!!!! I have done it, as well as a handful of other people I know as well. Go to Elite and I know some bros have done it from there as well. You can find the logistics at the us customs site. Print a copy of the ammended law (must be .pdf). If you don't believe me call your local customs agency, and if the person you talk to is dumb, talk to a supervisor. There are restrictions however but you will find it all on the customs web site. Go ahead and call me a liar, but next time you come to NM I will take you myself, and when it's all said and done you can buy me a beer

daos is offline Associate Member
    i have gone to mexico and claimed 90days worth of Valium, Xanex, and Somas at the customs office. but you guys are correct, once in the US if your caught, your going to jail. talk about a catch 22...

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    thats weird, i wouldnt try it if you paid me and paid for my lawyer fees after my ass was thrown in jail once i get caught posessing it.

Quote Originally Posted by daos
    i have gone to mexico and claimed 90days worth of Valium, Xanex, and Somas at the customs office. but you guys are correct, once in the US if your caught, your going to jail. talk about a catch 22...
    Exactly bro. thats what I was thinking

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daos
    If you are telling the truth I would do it. I aint afraid of a punk ass non controoled substance charge. See you guys that never been arrested dont have the luxury that I have. Since I already have a record I dont care about picking up a new "little" charge. If someone mouths off, I can break his jaw, and if I use my bare hand, no big deal, its only misdermeanor assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    If you are telling the truth I would do it. I aint afraid of a punk ass non controoled substance charge. See you guys that never been arrested dont have the luxury that I have. Since I already have a record I dont care about picking up a new "little" charge. If someone mouths off, I can break his jaw, and if I use my bare hand, no big deal, its only misdermeanor assault.
    if who mouths off?

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    if who mouths off?
    Anyone.

someone in customs or a regular person, i dont understand how it related to getting arrested, whatever, it doesnt matter, i read into things too much.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i read into things too much.
    Yeah you did this time. I am talking about a guy at a club, not a uniformed enforcer of the law with back-up at his disposal. lol

thats why i was confused. lol, it seems like i run into you in every topic lol

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

Gee, we've been over this a billion times already. It just doesn't work that way. Read the entire law/reg, then read the FDA's laws/reg. Then, remember that the Gov't talks out the side of their mouth by saying stuff like "you may" or "under some conditions" and "at the descriction", etc.

It's also a Fed. misdemeanor to possess 99 lbs of weed into the US. All they can do to you is give you a ticket to appear in court and then you have to pay a fine. But they will notify the local police and it's a felony possess 99lbs of weed and you will go to jail.

Read, read, and read some more.

Stengun

i knew it wasnt that east, oh well

palequail is offline Banned
    I just might have to try this...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I wont try!

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    You know its not a felony to assult a police officer!!! Catch 22, even if you kick his ass you will get your ass kicked by them at some point.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I brought in 51 dosages of crack and they let it slide. Kinda like the fast check out line when you have 13 items instead of 12. I just kept on walking across the border. No problems.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    You know its not a felony to assult a police officer!!! Catch 22, even if you kick his ass you will get your ass kicked by them at some point.
    It's a felony were I live. My cousin knocked out a state trooper and they identified him by searching his car and they found the stupid hat those cops wear. The one that makes there stupid asses look like park rangers.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive done it countless times and have posted about it. u can believe it if u want but im not gonna argue about it my last argument went 3 or 4 pages and there are still doubters. i travel to nuevo laredo from san antonio once a month and bring back 50 dosage units of gear every time. just make sure u declare it. it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    ive done it countless times and have posted about it. u can believe it if u want but im not gonna argue about it my last argument went 3 or 4 pages and there are still doubters. i travel to nuevo laredo from san antonio once a month and bring back 50 dosage units of gear every time. just make sure u declare it. it can be done!

****NNNNNNNNNNN Bro......... how you gonna steel my Mighty Mouse

mine is permanent straight off my arm!

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    mine is permanent straight off my arm!
    LOL....... As well as mine... my LEFT forearm (tweaked a little though, he is holding dumbells and is stacked)

as long as u dont live in san antonio tx i guess we r ok!

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I have done this before crossing the border. It is weird though, because in TJ, I declared some muscle relaxers and anti-es without much incident. In Nuevo Laredo, they said you just gotta declare them. In nogales, they said that you HAVE to have a prescription for ANY amount of medicine...

bigbruver is offline New Member
    I have done so in nuevo progresso(south texas). But only with 8weeks amps of sus. so I am wondering what is considered 50 dosage units?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    ichabodcrane

I brought 4 bottles of testosterone and 2 decas back in my video bag when I flew back from Mexico and aside from riding thru an Xray machine on the way into the country, no questions were asked. They didnt say anything about some Cuban cigars either but I think in real small quantity they let it pass willingfully. I seen the xray machines and you cant tell me you cant see steroid bottles with that machine.

Thread Information