Thread: Injury

Anabolicboy is offline New Member

Injury

Im closing three wks into my very first cycle:

Dbol (1-4) 30mg
    Deca (1-8) 400
    Sus (1-10) 500

Check,

This morning I was under the benchpress on the last set of a pyramid 8-6-4-2-1. I was handling the weight superbly until that last set when I brought the weight from the rack to chest and pressing back up, I felt a rip in the junction where the upper bicep and the upper-outer pec meets. If there is such a "junction". If you took your middle finger and hooked the armpit of your opposite arm, right under the delt, between the bicep and the pec... Thats where it is! The only way I can describe the feeling is comparing it to taking a raw chicken breast, puncturing it with your thumb or something and ripping it a little. Its not a rip though, because I can still move my arm around, it only pains if I lay down and mock the benchpress. I put a little ice on it, took some ibuprofen 800mg, cut the workout short and called it a day.

Question:

Whats the suggested remedy, Anybody? Im only in wk3 of cycle and I doubt getting back under the bench now will help anything. So whats the word?

Viking_Power is offline Associate Member
    bump, just happend to me earlier today while doing bench press.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Did it bruise. It may not be that bad if it doesnt. I feel things stretch out on me every once in a while.

biguns is offline New Member
    Carefull...if it is an injury rehurting it again could end your workouts for a long time....don't listen to us..go to physio and find out what a pro thinks...

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    just listen to your body, if it hurts.. the stay off of it, but stretch it / ice it and take ib prof for relief, but you can't speed up the recovery time of an injury so just take all precautions and stay safe cause like biguns said, if you push it and get a serious injury, you will be out for awhile and it will be an uphill climb to get "back"

TxJuiceFreak is offline Junior Member
    that sounds pretty painful, if the pain continues, go to the doc for real.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like a minor outer pec tear. Only rest will help. If you continue to use it, it will get worse. If you gripped the bar too wide & gave a quick jerking motion to get it raised it was stress/stretched beyond limits. Work around the injury. If it continues or gets worse seek some professional help to isolate it. I'm only speculating that you tried too much weight. Just because your on AAS your not superman yet...lol

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicboy
    Im closing three wks into my very first cycle:

Dbol (1-4) 30mg
    Deca (1-8) 400
    Sus (1-10) 500

Check,

This morning I was under the benchpress on the last set of a pyramid 8-6-4-2-1. I was handling the weight superbly until that last set when I brought the weight from the rack to chest and pressing back up, I felt a rip in the junction where the upper bicep and the upper-outer pec meets. If there is such a "junction". If you took your middle finger and hooked the armpit of your opposite arm, right under the delt, between the bicep and the pec... Thats where it is! The only way I can describe the feeling is comparing it to taking a raw chicken breast, puncturing it with your thumb or something and ripping it a little. Its not a rip though, because I can still move my arm around, it only pains if I lay down and mock the benchpress. I put a little ice on it, took some ibuprofen 800mg, cut the workout short and called it a day.

Question:

Whats the suggested remedy, Anybody? Im only in wk3 of cycle and I doubt getting back under the bench now will help anything. So whats the word?
    dude, read my post on this. i had the same thing happen. in fact, i completely ripped it last july and a similar problem began about 2 months ago while i was bench pressing. it's the worst pain in the world when u rip it. my whole arm went numb and blue. now my ligament sticks out in the exact same spot u descriped. i can tell u how to deal with this problem from my personal experience and also one of my friend. for me personally, after i ripped it, i had no physical therapy or anything, i just took about 8 months off lifting completely (i couldn't even do curls) and when i came back i started very light and slow. it was ok for about 4 months until about 2 months ago when i may have gone either 2 heavy or too low during the reps.
    my friend on the other hand, had the same problem and he worked through the pain. needless to say he's a division I football player and is probably going in the NFL next year, which basically means that he's huge, enormous, with like 4%bf and stronger than 3 of me. but either way, it worked for him. i don't know if he was on anything while he ripped it, but i know that it's been a while now for him 2 and even though he has some little pain once in a while, he still does a warm up set with 225.
    if it was my decision, i'd say take some time off. u're not a professional athlete and u shouldn't have to risk your health man. i know it sux that u're on a cycle and u don't want to waste it, but u could end up ripping it like me and according to my dox, (i saw 3 diff. ones), it'll never heal right. they did tell me that i can go ahead and keep lifting, but very light and stay away from exercises like flys and dips. all 3 of them agreed that those are the nonos. i'd say do everything else but bench for now. take it easy. there's some medication that has helped me deal with pain and inflamation. pm me if u want their names. hope this helps.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    also, when the pain resurfaced about 2 months ago, i kept pushing through the pain thinking it'd be ok, but in the process i only messed up my shoulders and triceps worse. both of my triceps are half torn right now and i can't go heavy on shoulders. so, take it from me and take it easy for a while. do some pushups and pullups or something. but once again, that's just my 2 cents.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    good advice soo2bhuge.. I had a simular experience with my shoulder socket..

Thread Information