Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Do diuretics affect gains?

My blood pressure is creeping up (just started cycle) and I am debating on taking Hydrochlorothiazide. I have a script for hypertension, but my BP is only 150/85, which is clinically high, but not really dangerous as long as its not for too long. i.e. months to years.

I am trying the natural remedies, Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginko, Vitamin E and Hawthorn. Without that stuff it would probaly be higher.

Anyway, back to my original question. Do diuretics affect gains?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i have used lasix at 40mg/ED with my last 3 cycles and not had any negative effects.

it just quantifies the real gains since you never have any excess water.

you might be more prone to injury with heavy lifting if you aren't holding any water at all though...

I'm just gonna take the hydrochlorothiazide. This Dbol is bloating the hell out of me thats why my BP is getting up there. So it should remedy it. Plus I will lose some of this bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    are you taking anti e's? they help with the bloat more then enough for most pppl.

I wouldn't mess aroudn with duretics... your body needs water to function and grow.

try drinking more water and do some cardio
    Well I started bruising for no reason so I dropped the Nolvadex . The diuretic is mild. 25mg Hydrochlorothiazide. It is a prescription from my doctor for when I had a bout of high blood pressure last year.

kronik is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro I would stick with the BP meds, I considered lasix also and was recommeded by several bros to stay way from it. As far daem is concerned I think 40mg ED is way to high for a maintence dose.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    Hey bro I would stick with the BP meds, I considered lasix also and was recommeded by several bros to stay way from it. As far daem is concerned I think 40mg ED is way to high for a maintence dose.
    Lasix is harsh. Thiazides are mild.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Lasix is harsh. Thiazides are mild.
    Good to know...but that was directed more at daem..

40mg is slightly high, but that is the dosage i have found to keep me dry regardless of what compounds i am running.

do i recommend that dosage to an inexperienced user? no.

i was just saying that i have never had problems at dosage for 8 wks plus

Quote Originally Posted by daem
    40mg is slightly high, but that is the dosage i have found to keep me dry regardless of what compounds i am running.

do i recommend that dosage to an inexperienced user? no.

i was just saying that i have never had problems at dosage for 8 wks plus
    I wasn't flaming just thought it was to high for a maintence dose...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    My blood pressure is creeping up (just started cycle) and I am debating on taking Hydrochlorothiazide. I have a script for hypertension, but my BP is only 150/85, which is clinically high, but not really dangerous as long as its not for too long. i.e. months to years.

I am trying the natural remedies, Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginko, Vitamin E and Hawthorn. Without that stuff it would probaly be higher.

Anyway, back to my original question. Do diuretics affect gains?
    Bro,run some femera,that will keep you quite dry...here on AR everyone toughts l-dex..because that is the drugs all the thread parrots love to use in thier posts.I never was never a big fan of l-dex.I'm using femera now and I'm very dry.

femara + prop + winny + fina + lasix = uber

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    some diuretics can affect gains. take adalactone for example. it is an anti-androgen

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Bro,run some femera,that will keep you quite dry...here on AR everyone toughts l-dex..because that is the drugs all the thread parrots love to use in thier posts.I never was never a big fan of l-dex.I'm using femera now and I'm very dry.
    I am with you bro --> Look up all my cycles and cycleadvises (well actually if you have time but I mean it is a figure of speech ) I never recommended anything other then Letrozole (instead of the Pussy-ass Arimidex !).
    (Everyone should know that Letrozole is an evolution of Arimidex, Letro is Generation IIIb of Cancerdrugs and Arimi is IIIa -> but they are manufactured by different companies)!

As to Lozgod --> Do what your doctor tells you, he knows better than us and also knows your medical history.

BP is often caused by mineralretention though; so try drinking lots of water and supplementing Potassium while at the same time reducing Natrium (meaning ditch the Kitchensalt and High salty treats)...
    Also Letrozole would help a lot I think!

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    I am with you bro --> Look up all my cycles and cycleadvises (well actually if you have time but I mean it is a figure of speech ) I never recommended anything other then Letrozole (instead of the Pussy-ass Arimidex !).
    (Everyone should know that Letrozole is an evolution of Arimidex, Letro is Generation IIIb of Cancerdrugs and Arimi is IIIa -> but they are manufactured by different companies)!

As to Lozgod --> Do what your doctor tells you, he knows better than us and also knows your medical history.

BP is often caused by mineralretention though; so try drinking lots of water and supplementing Potassium while at the same time reducing Natrium (meaning ditch the Kitchensalt and High salty treats)...
    Also Letrozole would help a lot I think!

Greets
    Kingofmasters
    I know bro...I've seen you post about femera as well.Just very hard to make an arguement here when L-dex is the drug of choice on this board.I go to many boards,and this is the only one where l-dex seems to be god.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    Well this is medication from last year, it is still good though. I was having major back pumps, but the HCTZ gave me a little relief, hopefully it will offer more relief in the next couple days. I think the BP is more related to the water retention than anything.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    personally, I would not use diuretics.. Your body needs water for survival & all its processes. Watch sodium intake too. good luck

Thread Information