bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member

Tahitian Noni Juice

Has anyone ever used Noni juice? I used it about 5 yrs ago but stopped. Supposidly it has many benefits to the bodybuilder. Stimulates production of T-cells for immune system,LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE,lowers cholestreol & relieves back/joint pain. Has phytonutrients & enzymes to help free radical damage from training. Also reported Improves muscell regeneration in bodybuilding. KIDNEY cleansing too. Im not fully sold on it but think I will give it a try again as it is expensive but doses need not be high. I can verify if it will lower my BP as I have the monitor. Some info www.nonistation.com(theres more).I put this thread in the steroids section because of the sides all of us get from AAS use.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 07-14-2004 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    I have it is good stuff and has some great amino power-I use it because I am a vegetarian and since I have been using many sources of these whole foods I have remarkably gotten anough protien. The only thing I would suggest is to get a good source. There are a few good companies.

Another unknown berry that is great and full of nutrition is goji berries-it is even better than Noni heres some info on it good luck

cb

Item #0572: Goji berries, sometimes called wolfberries, are perhaps the most nutritionally dense fruit on the planet. Goji berries contain 18 kinds of amino acids (six times higher than bee pollen) and contain all 8 essential amino acids (such as isoleucine and tryptophan).

Goji berries contain up to 21 trace minerals (the main ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus).

Goji berries are the richest source of carotenoids, including beta-carotene (more beta carotene than carrots), of all known foods or plants on earth! They contain 500 times the amount of vitamin C, by weight, than oranges making them second only to camu camu berries as the richest vitamin C source on earth. Goji berries also contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E.

Mature fruits contain about 11 mg or iron per 100 grams, beta-sisterol (an anti-inflammatory agent), linoleic acid (a fatty acid), sesquiterpenoids (cyperone, solavetivone), tetraterpenoids (zeaxanthin, physalin), and betaine (0.1%).

Goji berries contain polysaccharides which fortify the immune system. A polysaccharide found in this fruit has been found to be a powerful secretagogue (a substance that stimulates the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone by the pituitary gland).

Goji berries have been traditionally regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and sexual potency food of the highest order. In several study groups with elderly people the berry was given once a day for 3 weeks, many beneficial results were experienced and 67% of the patients T cell transformation functions tripled and the activity of the patients white cell interleukin-2 doubled. In addition, the results showed that all the patients spirit and optimism increased significantly, appetite improved in 95% of the patients, 95% of the patients slept better, and 35% of the patients partially recovered their sexual function.

The famed Li Qing Yuen, who apparently lived to the age of 252 years (1678-1930), consumed Goji berries daily. The life of Li Qing Yuen is the most well-documented case of extreme longevity known.

These Goji berries grow in protected valleys in million year old soil in wild and cultivated areas of inner Mongolia and Tibet. The plants grow like bushes with vines that reach over 15 feet. The berries are never touched by hand as they will oxidize and turn black if touched while fresh. They are shaken onto mats, then dried in the shade.

The Goji berry is a deep-red, dried fruit about the same size as a raisin. The Goji berry tastes somewhat like a cross between a cranberry and a cherry.

A good daily intake of Goji berries is 10-30 grams (a small handful). Goji berries may be used as snacks or mixed with recipes or smoothies like other dried fruits.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    what does this stuff taste like?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds good ,I thought raisins had the best overall nutritional density due to the fact the water is removed. Ill check those berries.....

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    TO BE HONEST-THEY ARE OKAY-NOT AS SWEET AS RAISINS BUT THEY DO GROW ON YOU-I DON'T CARE AS LONG AS I AM GETTING TOP NOTCH NUTRITION. ANYWAY TO GET A NATURAL ORGANIC PROTEIN THAT IS LESS TAXING ON THE KIDNEYS-i'M FOR IT

AS A VEGETARIAN, THE FIRST REACTION YOU GET IS TO FIND MORE PROTEIN AND I HAVE AND I AM ABLE TO USE HALF THE AMOUNT SINCE I HAVE BEEN USING THESE BERRIES , BEE POLLEN AND SPIRULINA MIXED WITH FISH AND ON DAIRY WHEY ISOLATE

CB

kioyui is offline New Member
    Thanks for sharing the info. Very Useful.

Thread Information