mrmanners is offline Junior Member

Is 4 days a week enough or am I wasting the cycle?

I work out 4 times a week, or every other day. I'm afraid that's not enough...

The reason is I work 10 hr days 5 days a week in heavy construction. I climb and lift steel all day so I'm pretty wasted when I come home at night.

I eat well, seven meals a day @ 05:00, 08:00, 10:00, Noon, 14:00, 17:00 , 20:00. 250-300gr of protein easy.

When I do work out I go heavy as hell and push it to the max, and it's a thourough workout; 4 exercises per body part 3-4 sets ea. split up into 4 days But is 4 days a week enough?

The cycle is Test cyp 500/wk Deca 400/wk I'm 35, 6'1" and 215lbs low bodyfat.

Thanks, M

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    you might wanna ask this question in the workout forum, but i dont see it a problem as long as your routine gets in, in the amount of time you do spend at the gym. if you are rushing your workouts those 4 days that you are there i would then say its not good.. i personally like 5 or 6 days when on cycle i always just feel like i should be there..

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmanners
    I work out 4 times a week, or every other day. I'm afraid that's not enough...

The reason is I work 10 hr days 5 days a week in heavy construction. I climb and lift steel all day so I'm pretty wasted when I come home at night.

I eat well, seven meals a day @ 05:00, 08:00, 10:00, Noon, 14:00, 17:00 , 20:00. 250-300gr of protein easy.

When I do work out I go heavy as hell and push it to the max, and it's a thourough workout; 4 exercises per body part 3-4 sets ea. split up into 4 days But is 4 days a week enough?

The cycle is Test cyp 500/wk Deca 400/wk I'm 35, 6'1" and 215lbs low bodyfat.

Thanks, M
    Considering the extra work you are getting at your job, I think you are fine. Maybe you could get a little better results in 5 days at the gym with good rest, but the cycle is not a waste that's for sure.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Hows your split look? Here's a good 4 day one...

Day 1 - Back/Bi
    Day 2 - Delts/Traps
    Day 3 - Legs
    Day 4 - Chest/Tri

Rest days inbetween, or at the end, or whatever. This keeps your back/legs not on consecutive days, same with chest/delts

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    3 days a week is fine considering your spending your time wisely at the gym breakdowning muscle fibers.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    3 days a week is fine considering your spending your time wisely at the gym breakdowning muscle fibers.
    the last thing you want to do is overtrain

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Although being on test does lower your recovery time so its harder to overtrain then when youre not on cycle

Thread Information