Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Injection Leaked or Infection?

Hey guys.

First time this has ever happened to me...I think my injection may have leaked out and is sitting under my skin. I did 1.5ml of prop on Sunday (left glute) and noticed a lump on Monday night. There is no bruising, no redness, burning, itchiness, etc. so I don't think the lump is from an infection. There was a bit of tenderness around the injection site but now the soreness is almost gone. The lump is now kind of a football shape running horizontally across my glute. The lump is about the size of my palm.

Question is...do you think it's oil under the skin...and how long does it take for the oil to be absorbed and dissipate? I think it is oil under the skin based on no sides...but I have never had this happen to me before.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's more than likely what you think........ I've never had this happen to me but you should use heat and rub the injection site to help the oil break up and dissipate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    It's more than likely what you think........ I've never had this happen to me but you should use heat and rub the injection site to help the oil break up and dissipate.
    Haha. I was on the phone with a nurse last night...she said use a cold pack. I said why not heat...she said that she was just reading off of the cmpt.

MyBodyIsMyTemple is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Haha. I was on the phone with a nurse last night...she said use a cold pack. I said why not heat...she said that she was just reading off of the cmpt.
    Hot soaks or heat packs might be beneficial, but definitely not cold packs

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Same thing happen to me on prop. But my was like a marbel on my pec. It dissapeared in 2 days

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Never has happened to me before but had it happen to a friend of mine. It was in his shoulder and looked like a giant goose-egg when he would face you...anyway it took about 3 or 4 days to go away.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys.

First time this has ever happened to me...I think my injection may have leaked out and is sitting under my skin. I did 1.5ml of prop on Sunday (left glute) and noticed a lump on Monday night. There is no bruising, no redness, burning, itchiness, etc. so I don't think the lump is from an infection. There was a bit of tenderness around the injection site but now the soreness is almost gone. The lump is now kind of a football shape running horizontally across my glute. The lump is about the size of my palm.

Question is...do you think it's oil under the skin...and how long does it take for the oil to be absorbed and dissipate? I think it is oil under the skin based on no sides...but I have never had this happen to me before.
    Happened to me last week bro with my sus inject. I just massaged the heck out of it and it went away. I also rubbed it, which actually created heat, so that helped as well. But it went away and I was fine so I am pretty sure you are good to go bro. Just sux because I felt like I lost my gear

It's been since Sunday! Seems like it is taking forever!

I'm not sure but I think heat will bring more blood to the area and help. Can't hurt to try.

Now that the other thread is locked...we can all get back to dealing with my ass!!

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Now that the other thread is locked...we can all get back to dealing with my ass!!
    Oh so now we see your motivation! Cold is a no-no, for injuries it is recommended for 1st 48hrs, the whole ICE or RICE anagram but for your inj. heat will increase blood flow and help dissipate the knot.

I would think if the oil was under the skin it would move around a bit more than a knot, is this happening? If not then you may have nicked a vein going in and caused a little bleeding but you say no bruising so that may not be it. It could be just a botched inj. happens to the best, and I assume you are right handed (most are) so a left glute might be a little harder to control etc.

As long as you are improving with time, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Duct Tape
    I would think if the oil was under the skin it would move around a bit more than a knot, is this happening?
    It is...that's why I think the oil is under and the skin...and now wasted. Oh well...doing my PCT now.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    It is...that's why I think the oil is under and the skin...and now wasted. Oh well...doing my PCT now.
    Yeah thats the WORST part........ having the gear just wasted

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    it will still disperse and be useful, just will take a while since there is less bloodflow to the pocket between the facia and muscle. You're probably not subQ and def not IM. Injection limbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Duct Tape
    it will still disperse and be useful, just will take a while since there is less bloodflow to the pocket between the facia and muscle. You're probably not subQ and def not IM. Injection limbo!
    I agree...... the injection is not wasted and your body will have to pick up the oil.... but will indeed take longer........ if it's not picked up it could become an abcess time.

Kind of screws up my PCT then huh?

Kind of screws up my PCT then huh?
    Yep...... I would still stick to the schedual because it should be picked up within a few days or so...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Yep...... I would still stick to the schedual because it should be picked up within a few days or so...
    Exactly what I am doing.

cloned is offline New Member
    I had the same issue a few weeks back when I injected in my a$$, the next day a knot the size of my fist formed and it took a good 5 days before it went away. So I thought I might try doing it in my thigh this time and the same thing happened but not as bad.

On this most recent attempt I cleaned the area THROUGLY and injected the deca (1.5 cc) as slow as possible then rubbed the area for several minutes.

I haven’t a clue what is going on???

Thread Information