Thread: 18 ga pins??

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member

18 ga pins??

I have 23 ga 1 1/2 pins for glutes. To speed up the drawing does anyone draw with an 18 ga pin than switch back to the 23 ga?

I wanna speed up the process...plus I have TT winny also which is pretty thick stuff.

Let me know brutha's .....I gotta order pins soon

mj

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Use an 18g to draw the fluid up then inject with the 23 unless you want huge holes in your ass

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Sounds like a plan, MJ . . .

Should work out fine. When I got into this game, I picked up a box of 20 g. pins and a box of syringes with 25 g. 1" needles, figuring that I'd use the 20 g. for oil-based shots and 25 g. for water-based shots.

Why 20 g.? Because as I read about AS, that's what the manufacturer of Delatestryl (test enanthate ) recommended. In fact, BTG markets single-dose syringes of Delatestryl with 20 g. 1-1/2" needles. Go figure . . .

Obviously, I've since learned that 20 g. is neither necessary nor pleasant. For glute shots, I generally go with 22 g. 1-1/2" because they're more than adequate. For delt shots, 23 g. 1" needles - they're slower to push oil through, but a hell of a lot more comfortable. And quite frankly, I've started using the 25 g. needles for the quads. Again, slower, but a big difference in comfort.

So I've ended up using the 20 g. pins solely for drawing, then switching over to another pin for the shot. (Another reason to do this is that the drawing pin will dull somewhat from going through the rubber stopper on the vial.)

But if I were to buy another box of pins today (once I eventually use up the 20 g. box), I'd go with the 18 g. - no big whoop, but faster is faster, especially if I'm switching pins anyway.

As you might imagine, your 23 g. 1-1/2" needle will be slower for the glute shot, but still more comfortable than a larger gauge. So all in all, you've got a sensible plan. And since there's no rush to do an injection (at least there shouldn't be), go with whatg's comfortable.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Also warm the oil up prior to drawing/injecting makes the oil less thick and easier to draw and inject

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    www.getpinz.com has all the sizes you need.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Don't use an 18g to draw fluid...Get a 20g...The 18 will make too big a hole and leave some rubber particles mixed in with your gear...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    drawing with 18g and jabbing with 23g...wouldn't do it any different here...speeds up the drawing time tonnes..

go for it..nothing wrong there..just don't get them all mixed up and then opps one day..you may jab that 18g..damn OUCH!!!!!!!

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I knew we would hear from "X"

And Ironfist, I never heard that before but it makes sense!

Thanks all, MJ

Thread Information