Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Exclamation Anavar Only Cycles Are NOT Worth It!!!

Anavar only cycles are expensive and they are not worth it IMHO.

I have done an anavar only cycle (40mg-50mg ED)...there seriously wasn't much there for the costs associated with anavar. A simple test prop cycle gave me more vascularity and LBM versus the higher priced anavar. So IMHO get some test prop and have a BETTER and CHEAPER cycle. Better yet...add test prop to an anavar cycle.

I just finished a 700mg test prop EW and 50mg anavar ED cycle. LBM was looking good. My arms looked like a road map of veins.

Anavar is a complimentary drug IMHO...you need test!! Grow a set and put the fear of needles aside.

-MBH

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with you 100% MBH. I'm finishing up a var only cycle (ran 50mgs ed for 8 wks) in order to preserve muscle while dieting down and although my strength and weight has stayed the same (bf dropped like 4-5%), I got a lot better results when I included test into the mix. I was happy with how well the var held on to muscle but much happier with the test prop bringing out the veins and lifting my sex drive through the roof. However, since the var powder was dirt cheap (made my own liquid), the cycle (if you can even call it that ) was not that big of a mistake.

Bump.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla

I have done an anavar only cycle (40mg-50mg ED)...there seriously wasn't much there for the costs associated with anavar. A simple test prop cycle gave me more vascularity and LBM versus the higher priced anavar. So IMHO get some test prop and have a BETTER and CHEAPER cycle. Better yet...add test prop to an anavar cycle.

I just finished a 700mg test prop EW and 50mg anavar ED cycle. LBM was looking good. My arms looked like a road map of veins.

Anavar is a complimentary drug IMHO...you need test!! Grow a set and put the fear of needles aside.

-MBH
    You are exactly right! Anavar alone is not good. But the strength gains when using it with Prop are pretty incredible. MBH- did you notice a difference by upping your dosage from 40mg ED to 50?

RW3333 is offline Associate Member
    you can can a bit of weight on it...test is best but anavar has its pros and cons, you can probably max gain maybe 10 or 11 pounds in 8 weeks considering everything was right but sometimes it makes you feel ****y and supresses the appetite. the vascularity is also nice. but as always test is best

So-Solid is offline Junior Member
    (put the cost to one side fpr a minute)but i have heard that if you run it at 80-100 instead of 40-50........you see what its real potential is.

Also there are issues about the bioavailablity of var, which explains why 40/50 gives poor results..

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Have done var at 50mg a few times now - on its own & with test - definately much better with test - gonna try 75 mg ED next time

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    Try turanabol with test, I am in the 4th week with 500mg/wk of test and 50mg/ED of OT and its nuts... :spudniksh

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I'd try Tbol- but the stupid thing is that Var is way cheaper for me to run!! ( you cant get OT powder yet.....well I cant anyhow!)

Alex2 is offline Senior Member

-MBH

How much did you gain out of the prop bro (I mean muscle mass)? and for how long did you run it? how was your diet, protein intake etc? just wondering in case I decide to go for it in the future! Thanx a lot

snatcharelli is offline New Member
    test a must have with oxandrin.

Point
    I have to say oxandrin is awesome. I did a 20mg 3 week cycle and my body got lean and muscles got full, plus I was only consuming about 2200 calories a day most high protein. I went from 190 to 196, all lean gains.

Counterpoint
    My dick turned into a wet noodle. Very disheartening. My girl was not impressed. Well, she's usually not impressed even when it's work at full capacity.

Test is a crucial element in the cycle, plus liver protection. My liver on only 20mg felt like someone was stepping on it with cleats, even with milk,ala,nac and green tea.

Theedge is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snatcharelli
    test a must have with oxandrin.

Point
    I have to say oxandrin is awesome. I did a 20mg 3 week cycle and my body got lean and muscles got full, plus I was only consuming about 2200 calories a day most high protein. I went from 190 to 196, all lean gains.

Counterpoint
    My dick turned into a wet noodle. Very disheartening. My girl was not impressed. Well, she's usually not impressed even when it's work at full capacity.

Test is a crucial element in the cycle, plus liver protection. My liver on only 20mg felt like someone was stepping on it with cleats, even with milk,ala,nac and green tea.
    I'm taking 30mg/day of BD var, and not noticing any of your sides. if 20mg of var makes your liver feel like that, I would hate to see what Drol would do to you.

would it be worth it to take winny instead of var? im on a winny/prop cycle, i havent gotten into using the winny until week 6 but im just kind of getting an idea. I initially wanted to take var but it was really expensive for me to get a hold of so i decided to just go with the winny to get similar results. Im taking at 50mg/ed for 5-6 weeks.

EtaBeta1 is offline Banned
    DO NOT EVER ASK FOR SOURCES.

THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!!!!!!

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-22-2005 at 02:31 PM.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    holy old post batman. you must of had to go far back for this one!
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-22-2005 at 02:32 PM.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Maybe the ghost of steroid past will email about it

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    eta beta, cant ask for sources.

MickyBlues is offline Banned
    I am thinking of doing a Test Prop/ Eq cycle. Can anyone tell me if I should do this or a Test Prop/ Anavar cycle like mentioned in this thread. I want to get very lean muscle mass & very hard.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by MickyBlues
    I am thinking of doing a Test Prop/ Eq cycle. Can anyone tell me if I should do this or a Test Prop/ Anavar cycle like mentioned in this thread. I want to get very lean muscle mass & very hard.

If you can afford it prop/var is a good cycle. How many previous cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    If you can afford it prop/var is a good cycle. How many previous cycles?
    2 cycels. Could you tell me what the differences would be between a Test Prop/ Eq & Test Prop/ Var cycle.

RA
    2 cycels. Could you tell me what the differences would be between a Test Prop/ Eq & Test Prop/ Var cycle.

Never used eq. I would go to the profiles and check it out. I know its a good cutter but the reason I asked about previous cycles is you could throw some tren in with the prop/var.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    do prop,eq and var!

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    do prop,eq and var!
    Well I will see if I can afford that, if not I may just stick with the prop/eq.

Well I will see if I can afford that, if not I may just stick with the prop/eq.
    i like eq mate,when you eventually see the gains i like the hardness n vascularity it gives!

mind you i do tend to run it with tren

Anavar not worth it??? WTF, we must be using some different anavar or something, I think anavar is the shiznit, even at only 30mg/day. It's a good ,clean, lean and mean, muscle building machine. JMO, but remember, certain people react different to certain compounds.

str8cubano is offline Junior Member
    ok ok ok....i will put a stop to this right now: Of course it is better with test. and test is also better with winstorl, and tren , and eq..ect. Thats why bodybuilders stack steroids ..and why not throw GH and insulin , hey, get a few sponsers and become a bodybuilder

Results are always better when stacked. But remembeer, it is better to BUILD muscle than to have. You BUild muslce on anavar . pEriod. Not eveyrone builds on test. why? you loose water, you may loose your gians if you don't know what your doing. Anavar works by activating phosocreatine synthathis, this giving you great strenght. When you lift more, you build muslce. This is without the help of water, or test, or anythign else. What is the end result? at the end of the cycle, you keep what you gained, and you dont loose it. Unless you plan to jice the rest of your life and stay on, then yes anavar is a waste. But ask serious pros out there, when you want to put on lean quality mass and keep it, then anavar, winstrol , or primo is the way to go. I am bigger now off anavar alone that I ever was on a, "get this" -----------------> Test/winstrol/tren/eq/clen /t3/dbol cycle. Yes I did that in one shot, one cycle...problem is I didn't keep it and wasted alot of money on that. Now I know better.

When you are on steroids, you have muscle. But there is a dff bw having muscle, and BUILDING muscle. And my friend, anavar builds that shit good

and btw, if you find the right source, its as cheap as test. Why? you don't have to worry about anti-e's, just some milk thistle and your ready for a great cycle (add some creatine for more gains) with $300.

Test cycle at 500mg/week for 10 weeks - $150-250
    Anti e's - $150-300
    Last edited by str8cubano; 08-22-2005 at 03:19 PM.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    mind you i do tend to run it with tren
    I seem to be getting the best body of my life... it just doesnt make sense ..... oh, i am running tren and test prop though....

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Having run var on its own, i found test prop results so much better... and i saved a fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by str8cubano
    Not eveyrone builds on test.
    I'll challenge you on that comment.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    ok ok ok....i will put a stop to this right now: Of course it is better with test. and test is also better with winstorl, and tren , and eq..ect. Thats why bodybuilders stack steroids ..and why not throw GH and insulin , hey, get a few sponsers and become a bodybuilder

Results are always better when stacked. But remembeer, it is better to BUILD muscle than to have. You BUild muslce on anavar . pEriod. Not eveyrone builds on test. why? you loose water, you may loose your gians if you don't know what your doing. Anavar works by activating phosocreatine synthathis, this giving you great strenght. When you lift more, you build muslce. This is without the help of water, or test, or anythign else. What is the end result? at the end of the cycle, you keep what you gained, and you dont loose it. Unless you plan to jice the rest of your life and stay on, then yes anavar is a waste. But ask serious pros out there, when you want to put on lean quality mass and keep it, then anavar, winstrol , or primo is the way to go. I am bigger now off anavar alone that I ever was on a, "get this" -----------------> Test/winstrol/tren/eq/clen /t3/dbol cycle. Yes I did that in one shot, one cycle...problem is I didn't keep it and wasted alot of money on that. Now I know better.

When you are on steroids, you have muscle. But there is a dff bw having muscle, and BUILDING muscle. And my friend, anavar builds that shit good
    Excellent post!!! Once I find a source for anavar, I'm going to run an anavar-only cycle. What's the point of using AAS that cause water retention? Once your done with your cycle, most of your gains will disappear. Seems pointless, for most educated users.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Var only cycles suck big time. Useless.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Var only cycles suck big time. Useless.
    Thank you for sharing that... You forgot to mention why...

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Not to steal the thread, but how much var should a 230lb beast take, and no I am not fat! Never have taken it before, but will be considering it soon 50-100mg ED?

I'll challenge you on that comment.
    You need to quote me on a statement, not sentence. Scroll back up, I said that not everyone BUILDS on test if "THEY DON"T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING". You automatically gain while your on test even if you sit on the sofa, betcha that shit will be gone quicker than your erection if you don't know how to maintain it after the cycle. Of course you can gain off test, you can gain off milk if you know what your doing. All I am saying is that the PROBABLITY of you keeping your gains off orals like var, winstrol , and primo and higher than that of test. Simply becuase of the water rentention. With proper PCT, you can easily keep most of your gains off test, or any steroid for that matter. And I am talking about your averege working out/bodybuilder, not competing heavyweight bodybuilder that never comes off gear.

IMO what you are doing is great. TEst and prop is an excellent combo, and congratulations on your gains. But dont sit here and tell me that just cause you make better gains off test and var, that var is a waste of time. That is simply not true. I have never benched more in my life, and it is due to the var. Not even on dbol /test did I get those results. SUre , that was back in the day, but I know I have progressed and I can make great gains off the var.

FOr those of you that are learning about Var, this is why you keep gains. NO water retention, you don't blow up like dbol and test, so its not a sudden rush of strength, it is gradual, and you keep going. YOU ARE DOING THE LIFTING, not the drug. Your body doesn't normally push that much by itself, but the anavar gives you mad strength. You lift, rip your muslce fibers, thus the more you lift, the bigger your muslces will get. Test will give you added test and estrogen plus water to help you lift. THus immediate apperance of muscles and strenght. Anavar gives you same strenght without the water. So when you end your anavar cycle, you keep your stregnth. You don't crash like test because with test you loose water, so immediately that puffy juiced look goes a way in a few weeks due to water loss. THat doens't happen with Var.

Not to put down test, I would choose it over Var in terms of superior anaobolic. And to add even a little as 250mg/week to a stack is an excellent choice....but for those that can't use test, or choose to give it a break, anavar is a great choice. And why not? your telling me you can't build muslce unless you have test? iT may take longer, but you'll keep your muslce. For close to NATURAL, KEEPABLE, QUALITY, SAFELY AQUIRED MASS, (cycling correctly and not being on gear all year round) I choose Anavar.
    Last edited by str8cubano; 08-22-2005 at 07:56 PM.

For those trying to get jacked up, im not going to sit here and tell you to run anavar only cycle. You are wasting your time if your goal is to get huge quick. But if you have expereince, and want to concentrate on building quality muslce and want to do it for the long run, and not blow up like marshmellow man or look like you came from a pie eating contest , then anavar will definately give you what you want. Plus, look at the sides of the drug...awesome, its close to perfect in terms of side effects...

spooledup is offline Banned
    But if you have expereince, and want to concentrate on building quality muslce and want to do it for the long run, and not blow up like marshmellow man or look like you came from a pie eating contest , then anavar will definately give you what you want. Plus, look at the sides of the drug...awesome, its close to perfect in terms of side effects...
    Sometimes you cant tell the testheads around here anything ...

OMFG! No test!?!?! Do your research! lmao

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    For those trying to get jacked up, im not going to sit here and tell you to run anavar only cycle. You are wasting your time if your goal is to get huge quick. But if you have expereince, and want to concentrate on building quality muslce and want to do it for the long run, and not blow up like marshmellow man or look like you came from a pie eating contest , then anavar will definately give you what you want. Plus, look at the sides of the drug...awesome, its close to perfect in terms of side effects...
    Finally, someone who thinks independently, and does not follow the sheep! I agree with everything you have said. Excellent work, bro!

You need to quote me on a statement, not sentence. Scroll back up, I said that not everyone BUILDS on test if "THEY DON"T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING". You automatically gain while your on test even if you sit on the sofa, betcha that shit will be gone quicker than your erection if you don't know how to maintain it after the cycle. Of course you can gain off test, you can gain off milk if you know what your doing. All I am saying is that the PROBABLITY of you keeping your gains off orals like var, winstrol , and primo and higher than that of test. Simply becuase of the water rentention. With proper PCT, you can easily keep most of your gains off test, or any steroid for that matter. And I am talking about your averege working out/bodybuilder, not competing heavyweight bodybuilder that never comes off gear.

IMO what you are doing is great. TEst and prop is an excellent combo, and congratulations on your gains. But dont sit here and tell me that just cause you make better gains off test and var, that var is a waste of time. That is simply not true. I have never benched more in my life, and it is due to the var. Not even on dbol /test did I get those results. SUre , that was back in the day, but I know I have progressed and I can make great gains off the var.

FOr those of you that are learning about Var, this is why you keep gains. NO water retention, you don't blow up like dbol and test, so its not a sudden rush of strength, it is gradual, and you keep going. YOU ARE DOING THE LIFTING, not the drug. Your body doesn't normally push that much by itself, but the anavar gives you mad strength. You lift, rip your muslce fibers, thus the more you lift, the bigger your muslces will get. Test will give you added test and estrogen plus water to help you lift. THus immediate apperance of muscles and strenght. Anavar gives you same strenght without the water. So when you end your anavar cycle, you keep your stregnth. You don't crash like test because with test you loose water, so immediately that puffy juiced look goes a way in a few weeks due to water loss. THat doens't happen with Var.

Not to put down test, I would choose it over Var in terms of superior anaobolic. And to add even a little as 250mg/week to a stack is an excellent choice....but for those that can't use test, or choose to give it a break, anavar is a great choice. And why not? your telling me you can't build muslce unless you have test? iT may take longer, but you'll keep your muslce. For close to NATURAL, KEEPABLE, QUALITY, SAFELY AQUIRED MASS, (cycling correctly and not being on gear all year round) I choose Anavar.
    Okay...let's point out a few things here. You're making some very generalized statements.

You do not gain by sitting on the couch. No idea where that comes from.

Regardless of the steroid gains can and will be lost. You're making anavar sound like the miracle drug. Does your strength stay? No. Vascularity? No. Like any other compound the FULL effects will be lost. Will you keep some of the gains. Yes. Like any other compounds losses can be mitigated.

You keep mentioning water retention from test...some test esters will give you water retention. That's why most people use anti-e's to combat the bloat. There are test esters that will not cause water retention ie)test prop or test suspension. These are great for low water retention and cost much less than anavar.

Comparing test to anavar is like comparing apples to oranges. First, look at the cost differences. To run a decent var cycle you're going to pay through the hoop for it. Will it work...yes. So will a low dose test cycle for 1/10 of the price. For 1/3 the price you can run a test prop cycle and have a great PCT to keep the gains. Cost effectiveness and better results.

If you want natural keep able gains...stay natural. Why juice when you want to look natural. Why risk it? Remember even natural gains can be lost. There are too many variables to say test doesn't keep the gains yet anavar will.

I'm leaving this at a difference of opinion. I personally think anavar is a good drug...but it's too expensive for the results achieved...and it doesn't kick as good as other compounds. If I'm going to shut myself down and have to run a PCT I might as well do it right! A simple test prop cycle would give you better results for much less money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information